Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Why would they pay for that selena.jpg

I'm pretty sure when you buy comments you don't get to choose them. That's why all of *removed the name in case they see it*'s comments are like "oh my god! I love this song! This is a song where music is played and it is lovely! Good job on singing!" :deadbanana:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

I'm going to add onto this bc I want to really emphasize how TRASH 19-20th century American literature really is. I loved the visual + sonic 70's aesthetic that she had in earlier eras, but the writing from that era is shit. It's a bunch of conceited white dudes on adderall that were trying so hard to write hard-to-understand literature. jack kerouac etc. is such conceited awful literature. I hope she gets the writing bug out of her fast bc her career is literally going to die if she keeps trying to be "deep" by channeling all those awful writers

sing to me about lollipops and whiskey and depression you beautiful dumb brunette bitch sadlkghlksdhgasghlasghsdag

i've been avoiding LB (and especially this thread) lately bc I hate this era so much. it's so contrived. I hate it. she needs to quit this bullshit. I hope her writing project falls flat on it's face and she goes back to making good music again. none of this "(: I'm a writer girl~~~~~" bull shit. It was cute when you sang about it on Brooklyn Baby BUT HONEY NO ONE ACTUALLY WANTS YOU TO WRITE POETRY omfg

it's funny how she sang in Is This Happiness:

You've been tryin' to write a novel about your cheap thrills

You think you're Hunter S. Thompson

and now she's exactly like that :lel:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

it's funny how she sang in Is This Happiness:

You've been tryin' to write a novel about your cheap thrills

You think you're Hunter S. Thompson

and now she's exactly like that :lel:

she said something similar about this album

"So the title track is called "'Norman Fucking Rockwell'" and it's kind of about this guy who is such a genius artist but he thinks he’s the shit and he knows it and he like won't shut up talking about it."

9azHzEq.gif

I've successfully weened myself off of this site. Instead of checking frequently I check once a day and skim through the lack of news. I suggest we all follow suit, and be productive with our lives. Here's a list of songs to stream until we get a release date.

Never Tear Us Apart by Paloma Faith

When I Fall In Love by Tab Hunter

Apple Juice by Jesse Reyez

Harry by Kelsey Karter

Boys Will Be Bugs by Cavetown

Shallow by Lady Gaga

I'll Never Love Again (Extended) by Lady Gaga

Needy by Ariana Grande

5 In The Morning by Charli XCX

Would I Lie To You by Bastille

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Ew. Why did I come on this thread to see discussion about D*lR*yD**ly? Vom.

Anyway, to the owner, sorry I denied your request for you to purchase LanaBoards off of me when you realised your forum was flopping, but that doesn’t mean you should send your users mainly consisting of banned members to advertise your forum.

I’ll bury a hatchet before it forms, but I’ll serenade you off with this bop -

Now back to good vibes and NFR discussion!! (& please note anyone who comes on here just to advertise DRD will be quick to recieve WPs/ban - thx! x)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Kind of trying to imagine what the tracklist is like since she said she saved the songs with rock undertones for the last half of the album.

Would MAC and VB count as having rock undertones? Where does that put HTD and all the other piano ballads?

my fav lyrics

give me hallmark / one dream one life one lover / paint me happy and blue / norman rockwell / no hype under our covers / it's just me and you

who i've been is with you on these beaches / your venice bitch / your die-hard, your weakness / maybe i could save you from your sins

i was reading slim aarons / and i got to thinking that i thought / maybe i'd get less stressed if i was tested less / like all of these debutantes

all of the guys tell me likes but you don't

violet blue green red to keep me out / i win

if he's a serial killer / then what's the worst / that could happen to a girl / that's already hurt / i'm already hurt

however, my fav line of the era is:

WHO I AM IS A BIG TIME BELIEVER THAT PEOPLE CAN CHANGE

:defeated: a poet

My fave songs from this album are still unreleased so :awkney: I guess if I had to rate em it be:

1. Cinnamon (Before y'all trash me, it reminds me of BAR, and BAR is still my favorite song from LFL, so bite me!)

2. How To Disappear

3. Mariners Apartment Complex

4. Venice Bitch (cue the crying gays for me ranking this song fourth best)

5. In Your Car

6. Hope Is A Dangerous Thing

7. Happiness Is A Butterfly (again, cue the crying gays)

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Anyway, to the owner, sorry I denied your request for you to purchase LanaBoards off of me when you realised your forum was flopping, but that doesn’t mean you should send your 

HE ASKED THAT? LMAOO

tenor.gif?itemid=10440828

My fave songs from this album are still unreleased so :awkney: I guess if I had to rate em it be:

1. Cinnamon (Before y'all trash me, it reminds me of BAR, and BAR is still my favorite song from LFL, so bite me!)

2. How To Disappear

3. Mariners Apartment Complex

4. Venice Bitch (cue the crying gays for me ranking this song fourth best)

5. In Your Car

6. Hope Is A Dangerous Thing

7. Happiness Is A Butterfly (again, cue the crying gays)

released

1. Venice Bitch

2. Mariners Apartment Complex

3. Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have - But I Have It

Snippets/Lives

1. Cinnamon

2. How To Disappear

3. In Your Car

4. Happiness Is A Butterfly

Still love all 4 though!

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

I wonder if mass production for the CD's has even started

Tom_and_Jerry_meme.png?1533418242

Doubtful tbh

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I think Lana would be a good actress if she really wanted to. I mean she acts pretty well in her videos. Lol

Also can she just release Cinnamon? And then she can go be a crustacean again in her deep blue sea.