Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'm the one who called Interscope

Deets hunny 

I quite like the instrumentation they did here, Hope really could've been much more compelling than it is

(also, an X Factor thing probably shouldn't have more interesting production than the original song...)

That's why the album's being delayed. That's the only acceptable reason rn imo. It's almost thunderous, I dig the production. Imagine Lana's vocals swimming in it like WOW wish u hadn't shown me this. Coulda topped National Anthem or been like an energetic LiB just woooowwwwwww

edit: I mean, alright hm. I appreciate Hope, and how it's more hollow and of an echo of resonance bc of the song's narrative. No one can sing it quite like her, Lana that is, but just imaaagggginnnnnne 

UV/Honeymoon

Did anyone made a non-acapella edit of the song?

A question that everyone ignores everytime an intellectual asks it.

We really deserve a Kristijan remix of it or SOMETHING!

Literally almost any edit to the song would be better than the original

Has anyone seen this vid pop up on their yt feed? Lowkey a tease 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqMGhnixFx8 

Check the comments tho, we're not alone. It's like we're peering into some kind of alt universe or something LMAO tenor.gif

Yeah there even was a countdown and all, the days before. It really shows that the March 29 date  had become «universally believed» to be the release date. 

Every time I listen to Hope, I get confused as to how anyone could find it boring. It's so stunningly beautiful to me.  :defeated:

Like I've said before, to me, Hope is hauntingly beautiful and honest. But it is a little tough to listen on its own if you're not in that mindset. Exactly like Heroin or Change (to me at least). In the context of the album, it will probably make more sense (Coachella didn't make much sense with the other singles of LFL before the album was released, but had its place right there on LFL). 

you guys have NO idea the pleasure, peace and hope that i feel when i'm listening to venice bitch and mariners apartment complex while riding on my bike down the route... :'(

i was willing to entertain the possible truth of this until i had to look at m*gh*an tr*in*r

A legend? wbk

meghan_trainor_portrait_session_42656_c0

stream all the ways: 

mod note: user was warned for this post

Edited by admin
please stay on topic. NFR related posts only.

thats Norman’s fart

Norman Farting Rockwell

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

so far we got:

norman fucking rockwell

norman freaking rockwell

norman fucking reedus 

never fucking releasing

norman farting rockwell

did i miss any?

so far we got:

norman fucking rockwell

norman freaking rockwell

norman fucking reedus 

never fucking releasing

norman farting rockwell

did i miss any?

oh my god :lmao: :lmao:

so far we got:

norman fucking rockwell

norman freaking rockwell

norman fucking reedus 

never fucking releasing

norman farting rockwell

did i miss any?

not fucking real 

I just wanted to say. I think it was actually smart of Lana to drop MAC AND VB just a little over a week when she announced it, w the quick, but more of an interlude music video for it. 

Where did 3/29 come from anyway? What if we totally Bran/Hodor'd it and the magazines just picked it up from here like FOOLS? 

Only true fault that we can find is that she said it was done and that NFR was coming the top of the year. Did that clear some miasma or whut Ra2b97o.gif She was actually taking note of what happened w LFL, and prep'd a bit more, learning from last time. Ra2b97o.gif Maybe the limited/special ed vinyl of the record might also b coral Ra2b97o.gif

UV/Honeymoon

I just wanted to say. I think it was actually smart of Lana to drop MAC AND VB just a little over a week when she announced it, w the quick, but more of an interlude music video for it. 

Where did 3/29 come from anyway? What if we totally Bran/Hodor'd it and the magazines just picked it up from here like FOOLS? 

Only true fault that we can find is that she said it was done and that NFR was coming the top of the year. Did that clear some miasma or whut Ra2b97o.gif She was actually taking note of what happened w LFL, and prep'd a bit more, learning from last time. Ra2b97o.gif Maybe the limited/special ed vinyl of the record might also b coral Ra2b97o.gif

RMF Classic Radio mentioned the date for the first time. it was then picked up by MTV UK and Billboard, which seemed legit. 

You do make a good point. But she did what nobody does in the music industry: have a pre-release era of 6 months+. Five is usually top.