Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

putting a positive spin on this era to avert meltdown Norman Fucking Rockwell is free therapy.  This album has introduced me to my shadow side and my inner saboteur all in one swoop, then I've been forced to confront both, and come to terms with a life of no peace, no resolution, no reconciliation.  But I am still alive... we all are, i think.  somehow, we survive.

i've started dreaming in only the colors violet, blue, green, and red.  Lana came to me in a vision, slapped me across the face, and hissed "i'm never releasing it" and cackled for what felt like hours.. all of a sudden i was face to face with my doppelganger.. but her hair was longer, her lips had been injected with silicone, she was wearing yoga pants and sipping matcha.. was i? could it be? i looked at myself as Lana Del Rey, leaned in to my own ear, and whispered "i'm your man" -- then i woke in a cold sweat.

this era has made me stronger than ever.  i have faced the void, pure meaninglessness and swirling entropy, and come out the other side. i still drag myself to my computer each day to sob while reading Lana boards.  i have to get a new computer from the water damage.  surf rock vibes streaming from my eyes.

jk im only here so ill be the first to know when it leaks

i wrote this

Edit: Sorry, I was being harsh. Just going through a thing right now.

I mean ... I didn't read any lies :whatever:

ETA:

Fuck me, everyone is all up in sis' IG comments carrying on about wars and her being a closeted Republican and shit. I thought that caption was pretty good, by her standards. It could've easily been catastrophic.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Doin' Time nearly gained 1M views on Youtube in the last 24h, seems like radio is helping a lot! So glad for her

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

i wish i was a fan back when ultraviolence came out.... I literally started caring a few months ago D:

Must have been fun back then in prerelease eras. Time goes by faster as a casual fan so I might go back to that

i wish i was a fan back when ultraviolence came out.... I literally started caring a few months ago D:

Must have been fun back then in prerelease eras. Time goes by faster as a casual fan so I might go back to that

The LFL pre release era was one to remember! so eventful. She was lagging with the album but putting stuff out at the same time which made us hungry and satisfied so we were ALWAYS talking

giphy.gif

If it’s delayed till next year we DESERVE A HIGH BUDGET VIDEO for Cinnamon, In Your Car, HIAB, & another one + a lil ep

:eartha: girl we're not getting shit

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

The LFL pre release era was one to remember! so eventful. She was lagging with the album but putting stuff out at the same time which made us hungry and satisfied so we were ALWAYS talking

back when snippets were fun

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Hm seemingly the album title "Norman Fucking Rockwell" had been approved by the label a while ago considering it was mentioned in a press release from Universal for Hope http://www.umusic.ca/press-releases/84263/

And I'm pretty sure any problems with marketing a physical release could be solved quite easily by censoring the title.

I personally think that the delays around this album stem from Lana herself

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

back when snippets were fun

We complained about the snippets endlessly because they spoiled the songs.

I’ve seen people reminiscing about the lfl pre release era like it was a great one a lot. Do you guys have the memory of a goldfish? We were miserable and she was radio silent during most of it just like this era although this era is about 75x worse tbh. But I wish we’d stop romanticizing LFL era because it was honestly not good either.

LIZARD PEOPLE

we thought she was delaying it by a bit to add tracks when she was in studio with MGK & the NBHD guy, but after that it seems like she decided to put the album on hold til the poetry book is done? Or maybe to wait to see if Doin Time gets good radio coverage??

That’s why I’m really hoping her “things turn on a dime” means shit is finally gonna start........ I know I’m deluded sisters, but, let me live

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

We complained about the snippets endlessly because they spoiled the songs.

I’ve seen people reminiscing about the lfl pre release era like it was a great one a lot. Do you guys have the memory of a goldfish? We were miserable and she was radio silent during most of it just like this era although this era is about 75x worse tbh. But I wish we’d stop romanticizing LFL era because it was honestly not good either.

This. LFL was slightly less of a mess, but a mess either way. I don't know why people remember it as some golden era. The Love video came out in February? Then silence. Album released in July. Mess. And the LFL video was boring as hell.