Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I think for the next album I'd like her to work with Jack again, Dan, and the guys behind Doin' Time. <3 I don't give a damn about visuals at this point. I just want dreamy music.

I need Jack to never be in the same studio as her ever again

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Hm seemingly the album title "Norman Fucking Rockwell" had been approved by the label a while ago considering it was mentioned in a press release from Universal for Hope http://www.umusic.ca/press-releases/84263/

And I'm pretty sure any problems with marketing a physical release could be solved quite easily by censoring the title.

I personally think that the delays around this album stem from Lana herself

Mid-2019 release eh? So around June July August then. I somehow doubt that the release date has even ever changed and it was always planned for mid-2019 all along. I'm expecting an announcement in June. 

We complained about the snippets endlessly because they spoiled the songs.

I’ve seen people reminiscing about the lfl pre release era like it was a great one a lot. Do you guys have the memory of a goldfish? We were miserable and she was radio silent during most of it just like this era although this era is about 75x worse tbh. But I wish we’d stop romanticizing LFL era because it was honestly not good either.

I only remember people complaining about the White Mustang snippets after the song came out and we realized she had pretty much shared the whole thing

ETA: I do have the memory of a goldfish. But the LFL era was much better than this mess.

But he gave us Mariners and Venice Bitch!

Justin Parker, David Kahne, Rick Nowels or Dan Heath could have done a much better job with MAC. I like it, the production's fine, but it's nothing exceptional that no one else could have done.

As for VB, he can have it back :whatever:

Justin Parker, David Kahne, Rick Nowels or Dan Heath could have done a much better job with MAC. I like it, the production's fine, but it's nothing exceptional that no one else could have done.

at least Jack has removed / reduced all the reverb that the others use and make her voice so overproduced

iv9uXjw.gif

Reading that press release, damn I'm not even ready for her to drop HIAB next month with the album coming in July and act like we knew that was happening since September. Like if this has been the plan all along and March 29th was never more than a rumour why didn't she just address it on social media. She tries to be mysterious and it's just plain annoying at this point.

Reading that press release, damn I'm not even ready for her to drop HIAB next month with the album coming in July and act like we knew that was happening since September. Like if this has been the plan all along and March 29th was never more than a rumour why didn't she just address it on social media. She tries to be mysterious and it's just plain annoying at this point.

I will say it would have been good of her to shut down that rumor but she was probably sipping a matcha tea and scrolling through the comments like: the fuck are these fags talking about? I never said a thing...

Where are you seeing this? Is there a new press release or something after the one for Hope?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

This is the truth. I love MAC, but as far as production goes, it's just fine. I am not a fan of the production of Venice Bitch either. I can't stand that loopy guitar segment. I have 2 10 minute songs (Cold Little Heart by Michael Kiwanuka and Thinking of a Place by The War on Drugs) that I love, and they are how 10 minute songs should be. Venice Bitch ain't it. Fine, but nothing revolutionary.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

Where are you seeing this? Is there a new press release or something after the one for Hope?

No it's the Hope press release, saying the album is coming in Mid 2019, like somebody above said that's likely July or August. It's just frustrating if that has been the plan since January and yet she still refuses to confirm or deny any rumours to fans.

The release of HIAB in June is hypothetical, but it could be a possibility. It just bugs me that she has probably known this since MAC and VB dropped but then she'll act dumb or surprised at our comments.

Reading her artist page on the UK Universal website and they have Lana Del Rey A.K.A. Lizzy Grant (mentioning a possibility of re-release) and Kill Kill as her debut album and debut EP.

It's likely that was written in 2012 when a reissue was on the cards and they just update it each year to add new album info (last updated with Honeymoon), however I do hope she'd consider putting it out on streaming or even like a limited edition vinyl for the 10 year anniversary.

No it's the Hope press release, saying the album is coming in Mid 2019, like somebody above said that's likely July or August. It's just frustrating if that has been the plan since January and yet she still refuses to confirm or deny any rumours to fans.

The release of HIAB in June is hypothetical, but it could be a possibility. It just bugs me that she has probably known this since MAC and VB dropped but then she'll act dumb or surprised at our comments.

No communication whatsoever. Disgraceful tbh.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

at least Jack has removed / reduced all the reverb that the others use and make her voice so overproduced

I don't think her voice sounds overproduced. There might be a few instances, but it's not like Jack swooped in and saved the day lol

Reading her artist page on the UK Universal website and they have Lana Del Rey A.K.A. Lizzy Grant (mentioning a possibility of re-release) and Kill Kill as her debut album and debut EP.

It's likely that was written in 2012 when a reissue was on the cards and they just update it each year to add new album info (last updated with Honeymoon), however I do hope she'd consider putting it out on streaming or even like a limited edition vinyl for the 10 year anniversary.

I see the Hope press release as « that is what we know / speculate at the moment ». She probably didn’t have a plan other than releasing the poetry book before like she said. Universal must have deducted that it wasn’t done yet or barely and that mid-year was the most probable thing at the moment.

the same reverb that gave UV the iconic sound that all of you drool over every day? sure :crossed:

This is the truth. I love MAC, but as far as production goes, it's just fine. I am not a fan of the production of Venice Bitch either. I can't stand that loopy guitar segment. I have 2 10 minute songs (Cold Little Heart by Michael Kiwanuka and Thinking of a Place by The War on Drugs) that I love, and they are how 10 minute songs should be. Venice Bitch ain't it. Fine, but nothing revolutionary.

exactly. people wanna act like VB is the first song over 6 minutes as if progressive rock never happened :oprah2:

if VB sounded ANYWHERE near as good as a song like siberian breaks (which is 12 minutes) i literally would not complain. but it’s not good enough imo to even be over 5. :oprah3:

Rick Nowels could have done a much better job with MAC.

go to hospice where u belong

for some reason

Young & Beautiful is top 100 on iTunes in more than 10 countries

Young and Beautiful

classics ONLY