Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Even if the album isn't mentioned this is good news. 

The Album and Poetry are linked. There are photos from when she was recording where she's carrying that typewriter around. Theres even a video somewhere where she's listening to one of the NFR songs, and you can hear her typing. I think she wrote a lot of the poetry while listening/Writing/Recording NFR. 

Possibly she's written the poetry book as a prequel/accompaniment to the album. 

I was getting a little worried lately that the poetry book was going to disappear as she hadn't mentioned it for a while, but I'm glad it hasn't. Once the poetry is released then I think the album will come. 

Maybe she's putting more promo/mentions of the poetry in as she knows her music will sell but is unsure on the poetry. 

I also go back to the press release in January that said the album is for a mid year release. Possibly the plans changed between last year when LDR was releasing the singles and annoying 'top end of 2019', maybe she/the team realised that the poetry would take a lot longer or something. 

I hope Lana doesn't read these threads :/ I don't think some of you realize how nasty you sound.

Amen to that! 

I don't see the need to criticise her appearance whatsoever. 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

So we’re getting more than one album..? https://twitter.com/ldreyinfo/status/1135253742427803648?s=21

Dual Lupus double album confirmed :flutter:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I was into the idea of a poetry book at first but the fact that she is pushing this above her album is really irritating. At the end of the day, people are fans of Lana because of the music and care way more about news pertaining to that. I know she doesn't gave af and does whatever she wants but.. for real I'm getting the feeling that she just doesn't like NFR that much. Why else would you ignore your own album?

I hope I'm just tripping and that she has actual news in Tuesday's issue of Vogue Italia. If not then i don't even know man

edit: There was no news ok cool yeah im totally fine no worries haha cool!!!

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I was into the idea of a poetry book at first but the fact that she is pushing this above her album is really irritating. At the end of the day, people are fans of Lana because of the music and care way more about news pertaining to that. I know she doesn't gave af and does whatever she wants but.. for real I'm getting the feeling that she just doesn't like NFR that much. Why else would you ignore your own album?

I hope I'm just tripping and that she has actual news in Tuesday's issue of Vogue Italia. If not then i don't even know man

I'm not that into it myself, but I think possibly that it is so linked to her album and she wants to get it out there first. 

And as for ignoring NFR, I honestly think she's done with fame. She wants to write and release music as she pleases. Perhaps a lot of the inconsistencies in this era have been down to disagreements between LDR, her management and her record label wanting different things.

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

Hilarious. Jocelyn Wildernstein indeed. That's going to be a shock for those who don't know who she is and go seeking photos of her. 

I know weight is a sensitive issue, but LDR looks like she's gained a good deal of weight, and that's what's altered her facial appearance so much (in addition to whatever work she might have had done). Look at the new photo of her with her boyfriend and other friends, and the woman on the cover of UV. 

I agree she can gain weight and age (as she must, as we all must) and still look healthy, attractive, tasteful, gracious, lovely. She doesn't have to be glamorous per se. 

The weight gain or all the plastic surgery Lana's doing to herself wasn't even what I was referring to. I was talking about effort. Effort with doing her hair and makeup. How that dark hair color makes her look older then she is. Not too long ago she went back to auburn and she looked gorgeous. She looked 10 years younger with just a change of hair color that was lighter. She went back to that black hair color the next day and it was back to square one. Perhaps the dark hair color wouldn't look so bad if she made an effort in fixing herself up. 

I saw the new covers for Vogue magazine and she looks absolutely stunning in all 3 covers. 

Even if the album isn't mentioned this is good news. 

The Album and Poetry are linked. There are photos from when she was recording where she's carrying that typewriter around. Theres even a video somewhere where she's listening to one of the NFR songs, and you can hear her typing. I think she wrote a lot of the poetry while listening/Writing/Recording NFR. 

Possibly she's written the poetry book as a prequel/accompaniment to the album. 

I was getting a little worried lately that the poetry book was going to disappear as she hadn't mentioned it for a while, but I'm glad it hasn't. Once the poetry is released then I think the album will come. 

Maybe she's putting more promo/mentions of the poetry in as she knows her music will sell but is unsure on the poetry. 

I also go back to the press release in January that said the album is for a mid year release. Possibly the plans changed between last year when LDR was releasing the singles and annoying 'top end of 2019', maybe she/the team realised that the poetry would take a lot longer or something. 

Amen to that! 

I don't see the need to criticise her appearance whatsoever. 

There's no word of how exactly her poetry book is even going to be sold. She's doing it herself and said she was leaving copies at some bookstores but who knows about getting it to her fans worldwide. For $1? Doubt it. 

There's no word of how exactly her poetry book is even going to be sold. She's doing it herself and said she was leaving copies at some bookstores but who knows about getting it to her fans worldwide. For $1? Doubt it. 

Yeah who knows with that one. Possibly a very limited run of physical books and an eBook?

eBook comes free with the deluxe album? Who knows! 

I just came back from the Fashion Spot forum. I'm not sure if it's allowed in here to post a link from another forum but anyway - they are ripping Lana and Steven into shreds over there. They hate the cover, the styling, etc. 

One example:

"Steven Klein should be banned for this. 

OMG It's so terrible that I can't even describe
And lana del rey should release a new album Immediately to apologize for that terrible cover" 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there are people in a pre-NFR thread mad at people wanting.... NFR. Really hope Lana answers y'alls dms for the amount of hours some of you are putting into being angry that everyone on here isn't holding hands and singing MAC until NFR arrives.

locals only

I just came back from the Fashion Spot forum. I'm not sure if it's allowed in here to post a link from another forum but anyway - they are ripping Lana and Steven into shreds over there. They hate the cover, the styling, etc. 

One example:

And lana del rey should release a new album Immediately to apologize for that terrible cover" 

giphy.gif

welllll..... i can't say i don't agree. it's not Lana's fault tho, she did the best she could  :pft:  but i'm still happy about the shoot, because it's at least SOMETHING, and i sort of feel that it's a sign and well get the album in a few months

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

One example:

giphy.gif

"This is an improvement considering how she looks and dresses in her real life. ninja.gif"

man they pull no punches lmao

it's just the way i feel

But her thoughts are priceless

D1BOGaFXQAEdcpP.jpg

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

welllll..... i can't say i don't agree. it's not Lana's fault tho, she did the best she could  :pft:  but i'm still happy about the shoot, because it's at least SOMETHING, and i sort of feel that it's a sign and well get the album in a few months

I actually like the photos . It's been a real long time since she's done anything like this. I hope something comes out soon. 

"This is an improvement considering how she looks and dresses in her real life. ninja.gif"

man they pull no punches lmao

Wow, we need to recruit some members from there :popcorn:

This hits a little close:

"What I'd like to see is Lana getting busy on the typewriter, like she's a 70s self-made novelist cooped up in a big mansion on her own, but slowly going crazy, not being able to tell the difference between herself and the characters she's inventing on the pages."

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream