Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Really always wanted her to cover The World Is Not Enough by Garbage

Y E S omfg i cannot possibly agree with this enough!!!!!

it's just the way i feel

The fucking drama and gravity that that has, like, imagine the swooning and swimming of her notes just tenor.gif?itemid=7747671

i think i would transcend the earthly plane if i heard that

it's just the way i feel

Off topic but I'm goin to L.A. next month, if any of you want to meet up PM me :kiss:

On topic: do we have a release date for Dont Call Me An Angel?

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

I'm really scared (?) if the songs are just piano + her voice. Yeah, I love OM, ITH, Change, etc. but I don't want the whole album to be like that.

Two piano songs, couple with piano intro + build up, 2-3 with acoustic guitars (MAC) mainly, 3 VB/WC/SOC style and 2 more pop-ish sound (like Cinnamon).

Maybe it sounds like a messy record, but it would be a roller-coaster IMO: starts with piano songs, then piano + build up, then with acoustic guitars and probably a bit of a build up which would lead into more aggressive sound (VB/WC/SOC), then finally it slows down and the Sea is calm with two Cinnamon-like songs. 20 seconds at the end of the last song should have a static sound and then she reads the first one/two line(s) from her poetry book with the soft background music, like an introduction to the book.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I'm really scared (?) if the songs are just piano + her voice. Yeah, I love OM, ITH, Change, etc. but I don't want the whole album to be like that.

Two piano songs, couple with piano intro + build up, 2-3 with acoustic guitars (MAC) mainly, 3 VB/WC/SOC style and 2 more pop-ish sound (like Cinnamon).

Maybe it sounds like a messy record, but it would be a roller-coaster IMO: starts with piano songs, then piano + build up, then with acoustic guitars and probably a bit of a build up which would lead into more aggressive sound (VB/WC/SOC), then finally it slows down and the Sea is calm with two Cinnamon-like songs. 20 seconds at the end of the last song should have a static sound and then she reads the first one/two line(s) from her poetry book with the soft background music, like an introduction to the book.

someone on here (i think @Arcadia?) did an NFR sampler of all the teasers we have and the album actually sounds.... really good and cohesive. before that i was kind of scared but hearing them all together sounds great. i’m not saying it’ll be her best album or anything but i’m hoping it’ll be at least 3rd best now, whereas before i was kind of scared it would be a complete flop. :eek:

someone on here (i think @Arcadia?) did an NFR sampler of all the teasers we have and the album actually sounds.... really good and cohesive. before that i was kind of scared but hearing them all together sounds great. i’m not saying it’ll be her best album or anything but i’m hoping it’ll be at least 3rd best now, whereas before i was kind of scared it would be a complete flop. :eek:

Do you have a link? I'd like to hear it, too. Wasn't around here lately so I've missed a lot probably.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

lolz idk if they meant the little video thing i made it but heres the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKnS1CtTRwM

Was a nice quick audio summary so far ty! Nd I think its bc most of the songs on the record, so far, have a lighter, less overall dramatic mood to it. The chords are more subtle, her inflection throughout the tracks seem more like she's in a calmer place. What I LOVE about how Lana sings is that she easily captures the emotions she's singing, and the words are more like a memoric puzzle that u want to piece together. Its like a healthy blend and contrast of emotions and thoughts imo, and even if she's been just whisper singing, its more or less indicative of how you interpret being delicate if that makes sense

UV/Honeymoon

Hi yes I just wanted to say Yosemite

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif