Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Not basing on just "good/bad", focusing on the actual criticisms. For example, if someone hates Cherry for the swearing because it seems random, it's a sign of wee bit of media illiteracy that one wouldn't even acknowledge the satire in the song, not to mention in others... like Brooklyn Baby, where people complained about her hydroponic weed line when UV first dropped, but backed off when they realized what the hell she's doing as a musician.

Not saying someone's dumb for disliking it or disagreeing with my own, but it's kind of crazy what it implies about the criticism of the swears in it being random. That's just not true.

What were people complaining about Brooklyn Baby? I wasn’t around LB at the time.

8V7Yvel.png

I can see from the snippet that IYC (or whatever it's called) is so personal to her. You can tell by how contemplative and sad she looks, then how she smiles when singing one of the lines

it's definitely gonna be an introspective personal one, I hope to God it's not scrapped

It’s going to be so hard to not listen to the new songs and wait for the full album listen.

How did some of y’all do it for the last few albums?

same! like no matter how much i want to wait, i can’t help but listen to the new songs/snippets. i guess i don’t have much will-power.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Not basing on just "good/bad", focusing on the actual criticisms. For example, if someone hates Cherry for the swearing because it seems random, it's a sign of wee bit of media illiteracy that one wouldn't even acknowledge the satire in the song, not to mention in others... like Brooklyn Baby, where people complained about her hydroponic weed line when UV first dropped, but backed off when they realized what the hell she's doing as a musician. 

Not saying someone's dumb for disliking it or disagreeing with my own, but it's kind of crazy what it implies about the criticism of the swears in it being random. That's just not true. 

To be fair i don't really think the swearing in Cherry comes across as satire. To me they just sound like ad-libs, and as someone who has a degree in communications and media I definitely am not media illiterate. It's just a taste thing. BB does come across as satirical because the whole song is name-dropping the type of pseudo-intellectual Brooklyn hipster lifestyle. The swears aren't really tied into the rest of the Cherry lyrics, there's no other swearing, and if they weren't present no one would think the song is satirical. so how could it be satirical?

You can tell what kind of music listener a person is based on their opinion of Cherry (not their final opinion, but their reasons.)

I have to disagree, I adore the swearing in Cherry, I think it brings something to the song, but apart from that, it's not like I love when Lana swears in her songs.

Also, you'd probably think that someone who loves Cherry is a rebel teen listening to pop all day, while I'm a young adult who loves jazz music the most and who's really calm. So no, you can't know what type of music someone listens to with just one song. If I had told you I adore Cherry and the swearing in it, I bet you would've never guessed I love jazz and I'm the total opposite of rebel.

Erase the preconceptions :)

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

i hope not. i want it to be a ultraviolence-styled bop.

I'm so skeptical cause she said there are not bangers and it's a very organic record(no idea what she really means with that)

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I'm so skeptical cause she said there are not bangers and it's a very organic record(no idea what she really means with that)

I think organic means the instruments are played in reality and it's not all made up on a computer

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I feel like FIILY might be similar to West Coast in tempo and the chorus will be something in the vein of "you're bad for me, but fuck it i love you"

I hope you’re right but it’s hard for me to believe she’d be able to make anything that would even hold a candle to WC nowadays

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

no one really knows what the record is gonna sound like at this point

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

i’m sorry but how the *fuck* does being tired of gratuitous profanity = misogyny

Because if you complain about anything a woman does, you are a misogynistic, Hillsong-loving, homophobe. This was literally confirmed by all the sciences in the world. Use it to your advantage! I ran over my neighbor’s dog & I told them it’d be misogynistic to get mad at me so they didn’t! :hooker:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass