Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

lmfao not the website ppl trolling us - shopify theme name "CONFIDENTIAL Lana" hahahahahagStOvWB.png

also, the source code changed again, im going through it right now. so did the favicon:

Puzy3FY.png

paradise is a hell-colored flame sky

honestly..if there is a deluxe I hope we get them on there. they sounded great and its a serious crime we might never hear studio versions. 

this is dry as hell, but also... if we're gonna go there from a marketing perspective they're pretty different to anything on offer right now. only example i can really think of is mark ronson and miley's nothing breaks like a heart. granted i'm not a big lover of either of them, but the minute the latter was released after i'd heard hey blue baby and i must be stupid for being so happy i immediately thought they could be quite ahead of the game. looked like there may be a country influenced revival 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

Wow that cover. I can't even articulate my first reaction. There's a lot going on - the painted sky, California on fire, the aloof kid, Lana extending her hand like she's Wonder Woman, the comic text, and then the continuation in the corner. Like, there is so much going on! Where is your eye supposed to look? It's almost like a renaissance painting but it has so many wacky elements. I do like how disarming it is. She's still making waves!

3lfQEhw.png

this is dry as hell, but also... if we're gonna go there from a marketing perspective they're pretty different to anything on offer right now. only example i can really think of is mark ronson and miley's nothing breaks like a heart. granted i'm not a big lover of either of them, but the minute the latter was released after i'd heard hey blue baby and i must be stupid for being so happy i immediately thought they could be quite ahead of the game. looked like there may be a country influenced revival 

There's certainly a bit of a country-pop (or generally music with a certain country influence) revival happening right now. Aside from the song you mentioned, there were albums like Golden, Joanne, Golden Hour...

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

There's certainly a bit of a country-pop (or generally pop with some country influence) revival right now. Aside from the song you mentioned, there were albums like Golden, Joanne, Golden Hour...

true when i think about it also lil nas x, i just... don't think including them would've necessarily been a bad decision aside from them fitting on the album 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

Whoops, I probably should've explained what I actually meant. I was mostly alluding to the quality of these things and not their existence lol.

1. The LFL booklet was... underwhelming, especially coming after Ultraviolence and Honeymoon, and even Born To Die/Paradise. I hope we'll get something better than photos of a petrol station this time around. 
  2. I don't doubt that there'll be merch, but most fans, myself included, weren't that excited about the recent merch, so I hope she'll step up her game (again).
  3. Agreed, but I'm praying for something more akin to the Paradise/Ultraviolence ones. I feel like those were actually worth the money, unlike the more recent ones.
  4. Okay true, I forgot about the Love/Lust For Life single. I'm hoping for a version of the album with an alternative cover/vinyl colour option again, and Ideally one that's available via her website for us international fans, like it was he case with the Honeymoon vinyl back in the day.
  5. True, I do hope she'll serve some lewqs. That's one thing that was actually pretty amazing during the LFL era.

cant relate as i am a dumb bitch that owns everything in that photo

i have some faith in her, even if this era is gonna be more camp/kitsch/tacky

cant relate as i am a dumb bitch that owns everything in that photo

i have some faith in her, even if this era is gonna be more camp/kitsch/tacky

I mean, you in that album cover jacket was an absolute serve despite the flaws the jacket has lol.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I also can't believe Bartender is actually there? She's always so careless with teasing us with stuff she's got a brief idea for I honestly cannot believe it you clowns worked your magic there thank you

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

OH MY FUCKING GOD THE MAC / VENICE BITCH SINGLE VINYL

a588S4X.png

Unrelated, but I just wanna say that I'm still pissed we never got a Big Eyes/I Can Fly vinyl single. These two songs deserved BETTER!

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

VB is right after MAC

end of MAC: Are you ready for it are you ready for it are you ready for it...

She fucking warned us from the start about the greatness of VB! She's like "are you ready for one of my best songs ever you dumb fuck? Well here it is!"

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

the only complaint i have (other than the font) is the fact that only some of the songs are capitalised on the tracklist. its hurting my english major brain oh my god 

tumblr_pb75g64MCD1wufoyho1_500.gif