Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I downloaded the l**k and the quality was so bad that i deleted it a minute into the title track

I refuse to let this poor ass quality be my first stream when someone is probably going to upload an HQ of the cassette sometime within the next couple days  :crossed:

Lust for Life is a great pop song and my clown ass will not accept this slander! 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

It was difficult to avoid the tentation of listening to the leaked tracks in that horrible quality but I finally did. The reason was basically the snippets that we heard days ago and the snippets Lana herself posted.

The conclusions are that this is definitely Lana’s best album to date. The melodies are simply magical and her voice shines more than ever. Instrumentals are her best since UV and the production (even in bad quality) is tremendous.

So, this is what I think about the new tracks:

1. NFR: This will probably be my favourite title track when I listen in good conditions. The piano is beautiful and the strings add something magical to the song. One of my favourites.

2. FIILY: From the snippet it was a track I didn’t paid attention to. In full is amazing. The last minute reminds me a lot of God Bless America last chorus with all the voices mixed and the beautiful melody. A standout.

3. Love Song: AMAZING. Seriously guys. Saying this song is bad or filler is a hard lack of taste. The melody of the chorus is one of the best in the album. Can’t wait to hear it in good quality.

4. Cinnamon Girl: Another perfect track. Basically we had it almost in full but the outro is stunning. This could have been a perfect lead single.

5. California: I have to confess that the snippet didn’t do anything to me. But the whole thing is good, really good. Not my favourite tune but it’s going to be for sure a fan favourite.

6. TNBAR: exactly the same as the demo with new lyrics. I don’t think it’s ruined as some of you stated but the demo lyrics were better. I loved the demo and I love this too.

7. The Greatest: literally the greatest song of the album. Perfect from the beginning to the end. The lyrics left me breathless. I just wished a final chorus with that perfect melody rather than the outro. But still a solid 10.

8. Bartender: Maybe some of you jump to me but I don’t like it at all. I mean, it’s good but probably my least favourite track in the record. I will try it again when good quality.

9. HIAB: love it. Never got the hate for this song and now Lana proved you wrong with this track. The strings are everything I needed in this song.

So, here we have a perfect album. I can’t believe Lana would serve this after all the mess of an era she started since MAC release. By the way, HTD is still that bitch even though the change in production.

Is the album enjoyable in the quality it's circulating? I mean, does it worth the thing to listen it? I'm troubled about that right now, as I haven't done it yet and fear to take the courage to go and listen and then wanting to kill myself if the quality is that awful.

NFR is the worst title track ever and there I said it

this post almost left me blind

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

a few thoughts too, without having listened to it:

- the lack of bridges is disappointing but i think it's just different from her other albums, which didn't have that much outros nor strong pre-choruses

- Hey Blue Baby had a beautiful bridge so i definitely don't think she'll stop doing some, it might just not be as spontaneous as the other parts when you write a song (and those ones done with Jack seem spontaneous from what they've said)

- she definitely needs to address the whole mess that was this era, her artistic choices, it is needed now. but the problem is that there is no interview in sight

- i don't like how this is a leak without really being one it's so messy

- i don't like that nothing is happening on her team's part now damn is it hard to react

Am I the only one disappointed that she didn't change the tour lyfe and babies lyrics in HIAB? Like the song is beautiful but its lyrical "construction" is very nonsensical, like talking about serial killers and those fans in the same song??

NFR is the worst title track ever and there I said it

when lust for life exists i think not sweetie

nfr stans unite!!!!

You both suck. LFL is a great pop song and NFR 10/10. I'VE SPOKEN. :hottie:

Jk, but they really don't deserve the slander.

8nl2OpX.png

Am I the only one disappointed that she didn't change the tour lyfe and babies, like the songs is beautiful but its lyrical "construction" is very nonsensical, like talking about serial killers and those fans in the same song??

This is 90% of the reason why I hate this song

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Am I the only one disappointed that she didn't change the tour lyfe and babies, like the songs is beautiful but its lyrical "construction" is very nonsensical, like talking about serial killers and those fans in the same song??

Yes, the melody and instruments are so beautiful. I just wish I couldnt speak English to enjoy the song. 

Am I the only one disappointed that she didn't change the tour lyfe and babies lyrics in HIAB? Like the songs is beautiful but its lyrical "construction" is very nonsensical, like talking about serial killers and those fans in the same song??

is "tour life babies" directly relating to specific* fans?? i genuinely thought it was just a general lyric

is "tour life babies" directly relating to fans?? i genuinely thought it was just a general lyric

I genuinely believe that this is a direct reference to that group of fans that attend every single one of her shows. Not going to mention names, but they know who they are lol.

I genuinely believe that this is a direct reference to that group of fans that attend every single one of her shows. Not going to mention names, but they know who they are lol.

lol that's sad honestly im v happy they can experience things like that but BOY that sucks

ED ANSWERED AGAIN:

"Thx.

We have full Universal leaks team on it.

Its sad that people feel the need to do this. Its like stabbing your best friend in the back"

Wow, I'm shook.

Not Ed trying to make fans think they have a personal relationship with Miss Delay Del Rey :lmaoney:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

in terms of title tracks:

BTD>UV>NFR>Honeymoon>LFL

UV > BTD > Honeymoon > LFL > NFR

NFR and LFL are subject to change once I hear NFR in a higher quality