Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

well, California is the best song on the album along witch Venice Bitch. Cinnamon was one of the most anticipated tracks for me but it ended up being delusional. We literally had the whole song already and I really don’t like how it ends.. literally two minutes of boring instrumental without any lyrics. It kinda looks like she didn’t have anything to say anymore and just decided to keep going with the instrumental to make it 5 minutes long. On another note, I wasn’t expecting Bartender to be this good. It’s on my top 3 of the album. Shockingly beautiful. It has such a spooky vibe to it and I love the dictation while she sings Bar-t-t-ender. It’s fun and refreshing :oprah:

that’s just what jack does. he loves long outros

i love you, but you don't understand me.

[spoiler] i dont really like hiab, i feel like i've heard it all before ????? i think it's the snippets that were shared. regardless, i can see it getting old for me very fast ! [/spoiler] UGGH IT WONT LET ME SPOILER

bartender, cinnamon girl and california have to be my favorites. i’m actually upset that love song is my least since it was one of the few i was expecting the most out of but it’s really just a sweet little song that doesn’t end up going anywhere and the whole time you’re expecting some jack antonoff explosion of guitar or something but nope it’s just really underwhelming.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

well, California is the best song on the album along witch Venice Bitch. Cinnamon was one of the most anticipated tracks for me but it ended up being delusional. We basically had the whole song already and I really don’t like how it ends.. literally two minutes of boring instrumental without any lyrics. It kinda looks like she didn’t have anything to say anymore and just decided to keep on going with the instrumental to make it 5 minutes long.

On another note, I wasn’t expecting Bartender to be this good. It’s on my top 3 so far. Shockingly beautiful. It has such a spooky vibe to it and I love the dictation while she sings Bar-t-t-ender. It’s fun and refreshing :oprah:

Right?

We for the past 1 year on Lana's instagram: CINNAMON! GIVE US CINNAMON! CINNAMOOONNNN!!!!!!!

While Lana was probably thinking shut up you little fuckers I already gave you the whole song in snippets are you  never satisfied

IkcI.gif

the beginning of the verses sound just like summer wine

omg and what about the instrumental? is it just piano or does it have a beat/strings or any effects 

some thots on love song

i fully admit that i'm one of the first to point out that minimalism doesn't make something automatically good and to defend interesting production, but i don't mind at all that this doesn't explode. it doesn't feel like it needs to. a simple song with such a heartstoppingly pretty melody? fuck me allllll the way up. it almost reminds me of old money in that sense (and old money is my favorite lana song, so i don't say that lightly). its so pure and so gorgeous and i just...ughhhhhhhhhh

it's just the way i feel

Love Song sounds like

something Lana tried and lowkey failed with White Mustang. Don’t get me wrong, I’m one of the biggest LFL stans on this site and I love how simple WM is and how it builds up all the way to the bridge, but Love Song achieved this 10x better even despite its lack of the bridge… It’s so delicate yet breathtaking with really beautiful instrumentals and melody and gives me this kind of vibe that only a few of her unreleased have. It’s like a happy version of TV in Black & White.

Love Song sounds like

something Lana tried and lowkey failed with White Mustang. Don’t get me wrong, I’m one of the biggest LFL stans on this site and I love how simple WM is and how it builds up all the way to the bridge, but Love Song achieved this 10x better even despite its lack of the bridge… It’s so delicate yet breathtaking with really beautiful instrumentals and melody and gives me this kind of vibe that only a few of her unreleased have. It’s like a happy version of TV in Black & White.

We need more of this. I was reading the lyrics on genius, and the 'is it safe, is it safe, to just be who we are?' lyrics already're breaking me 

nvm cant spoiler on mobile

I feel like if the record were a perfume, Bartender would be that strange note that kinda contrasts to everything else. Idk maybe it's the tone, but it's not really fair for me to really say since I haven;t listened to the record yet gonna check the lyrics now brb

edit: the lyrics seem interesting enough. I think the no outro fits too since the chorus seems so long.. 

UV/Honeymoon