Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

overall i do think this was a moderately nice effort (miles better than lfl) but ultraviolence remains unparalleled, its wig might’ve been slightly tugged on by norman but he didn’t manage to rip the hair out of her head. that being said, it has the potential to become a welcome addition to the trinity— i just have to let it marinade for some time.

sidenote: this will be good background music for the rainy autumn days that lie ahead methinks

overall i do think this was a moderately nice effort (miles better than lfl) but ultraviolence remains unparalleled, its wig might’ve been slightly tugged on by norman but he didn’t manage to rip the hair out of her head. that being said, it has the potential to become a welcome addition to the trinity— i just have to let it marinade for some time.

sidenote: this will be good background music for the rainy autumn days that lie ahead methinks

It's actually funny bc almost a year ago, we were talking about how beautiful this record would b, carrying the summer into the fall, and we're actually getting it at that same exact part of this year. Funny how that works out :giggle: :delicious:

UV/Honeymoon

A lot of you looks so disappointed, I haven't heard nothing (snippets + leak of course). Can you guys tell me what's you favorite song (without giving big details) ?

(+ I don't think listening NFR for the first time with a casette rip leak is a great idea, but not judging)

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

A lot of you looks so disappointed, I haven't heard nothing (snippets + leak of course). Can you guys tell me what's you favorite song (without giving big details) ?

(+ I don't think listening NFR for the first time with a casette rip leak is a great idea, but not judging)

I was very underwhelmed and uninterested by the Bartender snippet sampler.

It is my top 3 now after listening to it. I think it is by far the saddest song on the record, but the melody isn't sad really, it is tragic and sweet.

The piano chords and narrative make me want to cry. The melancholia is strong with this one.

The bass on Cinnamon is a complete orgasm. It is another song I was not interested when Lana posted snippets. The bass goes up and down like vibrations. And the outro reminds of Off To The Races live outro

California is beautiful if you picture living in the 1950's, the second pre-chorus reminds me somehow of Brooklyn Baby's verses and the chorus reminds me of the pre-chorus of When the World Was at War but more red hot chilli peppers. Second half of the chorus reminds me of the vocals in Carmen.

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

For some reason I haven't heard the songs in their entirety, just the snippets from 2 weeks ago. I want to be excited when I get my CD in the mail. After waiting for this album for 87 years I want to hear it in good quality. 

giphy.gif

I was very underwhelmed and uninterested by the Bartender snippet sampler.

It is my top 3 now after listening to it. I think it is by far the saddest song on the record, but the melody isn't sad really, it is tragic and sweet.

The piano chords and narrative make me want to cry.

what other song(s) does bartender remind you of? its the song im excited the most for, and some people compared it to bel air  :defeated:

This is pretty vague, but still using a spoiler jic for anyone else reading ...

I like Bartender and (surprisingly) FIILY the best. California is probably third.

NFR is okay, but I really feel like the intro + the snippet she shared are the best parts of that song.

Cinna will probably sound a lot better in HQ. It progresses more or less how I expected it to.

Love Song and HIAB I found disappointing.

I could say more, but you said not too many details.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

y4es

i feel so misled

Is there a chance of Lana ever performing Boarding School live again? I would loveeeeeeeeee to hear it done in her current style.

giphy.gif

what other song(s) does bartender remind you of? its the song im excited the most for, and some people compared it to bel air  :defeated:

its a very unique type of song. If think it is somewhat similar to the verses of Bel Air with the same kind of piano in the background, but thats the closest .

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

I don’t feel disappointed at all, it’s quite the opposite. It sounds amazing, you will love it! I wish we haven’t heard so much before (snippets + singles), I would love if she released an album with only fresh songs, without any snippets before. My favorites are Carlifornia, FIILY e Cinnamon. But I didn’t care at all about bartender and now I love it, so maybe it will also become one of my favorites .

Pp5b5s3.jpg?1

Fck, it’s amazing!! I would love to hear it live nowadays

let's start a change.org petition to get her to perform it again

giphy.gif

well, California is the best song on the album along witch Venice Bitch. Cinnamon was one of the most anticipated tracks for me but it ended up being delusional. We basically had the whole song already and I really don’t like how it ends.. literally two minutes of boring instrumental without any lyrics. It kinda looks like she didn’t have anything to say anymore and just decided to keep on going with the instrumental to make it 5 minutes long.

On another note, I wasn’t expecting Bartender to be this good. It’s on my top 3 so far. Shockingly beautiful. It has such a spooky vibe to it and I love the dictation while she sings Bar-t-t-ender. It’s fun and refreshing :oprah:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun