Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

We need more of this. I was reading the lyrics on genius, and the 'is it safe, is it safe, to just be who we are?' lyrics already're breaking me 

I feel like if the record were a perfume, Bartneder would be that strange note that kinda contrasts to everything else. Idk maybe it's the tone, but it's not really fair for me to really say since I haven;t listened to the record yet gonna check the lyrics now brb

Bartender sounds different to everything else imo because it's not by Jack. I will not elaborate until the album is released, though. :smile3:

Lyrically, I feel that it's one of the strongest songs on the album.

People already seem to love or hate it. It might be the White Mustang.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

We need more of this. I was reading the lyrics on genius, and the 'is it safe, is it safe, to just be who we are?' lyrics already're breaking me 

I feel like if the record were a perfume, Bartender would be that strange note that kinda contrasts to everything else. Idk maybe it's the tone, but it's not really fair for me to really say since I haven;t listened to the record yet gonna check the lyrics now brb

edit: the lyrics seem interesting enough. I think the no outro fits too since the chorus seems so long.. 

no spoiler but it's very good, i dont think you'll be disappointed!

off i go now until i can spoiler properly   :runs:   

And I’m not a fan of the new lyrics to BAR but…

I think they’re making a lot of sense on the tracklist if we think both songs - California and TNBAR - are about the same man (most likely Barrie). She’s no longer in the same mindset that she was after the breakup (and she also wasn’t back in 2017 after waiting a few months to release the video and this is probably why she scrapped the original song - in the meantime this whole G-Eazy situation happened and simply no longer cared about other sentiments). I think she’s maybe singing from the point of view she once had during their relationship, before she felt this whole “you did it all for fame” thing. Yeah I agree the lyrics are kinda flat in general but I feel like this album as a whole is her admitting to her weaknesses… just in a whole new way comparing to all the pre-LFL albums.

some thots on love song

i fully admit that i'm one of the first to point out that minimalism doesn't make something automatically good and to defend interesting production, but i don't mind at all that this doesn't explode. it doesn't feel like it needs to. a simple song with such a heartstoppingly pretty melody? fuck me allllll the way up. it almost reminds me of old money in that sense (and old money is my favorite lana song, so i don't say that lightly). its so pure and so gorgeous and i just...ughhhhhhhhhh

I live for this. 

Also, thread side note. Everyone talking bout leaks but. Having spoilers : tumblr_inline_osogsv9ka71ss0czp_540.gif

UV/Honeymoon

A lot of you looks so disappointed, I haven't heard nothing (snippets + leak of course). Can you guys tell me what's you favorite song (without giving big details) ?

(+ I don't think listening NFR for the first time with a casette rip leak is a great idea, but not judging)

The greatest, California and Bartender are my holy trinity rn, Fuck it i love you too, at first i thought not, but now i think she has made an incredible decision when choosing the singles

I thought Ultrababy and UltraviolenceBaby were the same person what the..

Yes me too. Sis stole my user name and has the same picture. I’m gonna have to switch it up :hottie:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

I quickly read through the lyrics of the album (lowkey can't even believe that we've already got this info to glean the record from already tbh, nd promised myself not to go as in depth so here's a touch rn) and the record, narrative-ly seems so straightforward. She's basically been left alone w herself again. and. interesting note, the midtempo's and rhythms of most of the tracks all really do seem like they were arranged-based from the piano. FIILY seems like the readiest surf-in-sound of the tracks. I like how The Greatest's placed on the 11th slot of the 14th. Ending the record w Hope is heartbreaking, bc it breaks to the depth of really just being alone w yourself, and how sad that can be, especially after striving so hard for something you want, but isn't really all that much entirely just up to you

Like, it's so beautiful when things are getting started, but how earth shattering it is too, when things have to end, more so in ways you weren't rooting for

UV/Honeymoon

https://store.lanadelrey.com/password

still off

i need someone to contact them and ask why it's still closed cuz i dont wanna get high exceptions then i get hella disappointed 

Yes me too. Sis stole my user name and has the same picture. I’m gonna have to switch it up :hottie:

bish i've been here since forever what the fuck are u talking about and never changed my pic before

stole it? as it's something iconic wtf it's the easiest username any UV stan can think about lmao go off please PS my pic is totally different its the actual cover  :creep:

:smile3:

https://store.lanadelrey.com/password

bish i've been here since forever what the fuck are u talking about and never changed my pic before

stole it? as it's something iconic wtf it's the easiest username any UV stan can think about lmao go off please PS my pic is totally different its the actual cover :creep:

You didn’t have this username before but go off ugly :eartha:

Ps if you call yourself a uv Stan you should at least know that it’s not the original cover but a fan made version of it :hottie:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

[spoiler ] content

works fine, it just doesn't show until you've posted

i know! i've used spoiler before but i'm trying on my phone from both mobile version and desktop and cannot seem to get it to work? i think other people have had the same issue too! thank you tho  :heart:

You didn’t have this username before but go off ugly :eartha:

Ps if you call yourself a uv Stan you should at least know that it’s not the original cover but a fan made version of it :hottie:

oh my god is she fighting over a fucking stupid username?? lmaooo

another lifeless bish jesus fucking christ u just reminded me of another ugly bish that i've blocked days ago here

bitch im 27 yo i have no time to fight over a fucking stupid username that i've been using since forever, the old ultramermaid one i've changed it since 2017 or before and edited to this one

u can check my profile since u have too free time and make sure that i didn't steal that basic username

and yeah my bad i totally forgot the original one has no LDR so yeah, sorry  :creep:

i advice u as the lifeless puta that was fighting with over a tweet, get a life sweaty or don't since u seem like a kid :hooker:  now u got blocked so save ur energy cuz i wouldn't be able to see ur future posts x

mod note: user was warned for this post

i wonder if i’ll get my UO vinyl the day of release?? anyone with history of preordering UO exclusives tell me how that typically works out?

i've ordered the LFL heart shaped vinyl and it didn't take long to be shipped, if im not wrong it got to my mail before the LFL stuff lol