Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

When officially released, will y’all be listening to the album from beginning to end or choosing the songs you anticipated the most? I know I want to listen to it from beginning to end, but I might not help myself and might listen to my most anticipated songs.

Also to the people that have listened to the album already, do you feel like the tracklist makes sense in its official order or will you me rearranging it to your liking and what you feel makes more sense? If so what would that look like?

Beginning to end! Lana seems to be particular about how she orders her songs on her albums

mypictr_380x225-7.png

You know what I am sick of this Lust For Life slander!!!

That's literally one of her best albums but y'all can go off

:horror:

i love lust for life omg

love white mustang

love cherry

love 13 beaches

love change

love heroin

love get free

even love lust 4 life

even got love for tomorrow never came

I love it

they just mad bc it's the only album that ain't sadcore

dont crucify me but Love song might be one of my least favorites on the album

Same here again! I know most of you loved the “In Your Car” snippet but it never did anything for me. Listening to the full song, I kept checking the time duration to see how much was left.

i love lust for life omg

love white mustang

love cherry

love 13 beaches

love change

love heroin

love get free

even love lust 4 life

even got love for tomorrow never came

I love it

they just mad bc it's the only album that ain't sadcore

Taste! The last 5 songs, Love, and 13 Beaches make that album superior. 

mypictr_380x225-7.png

When officially released, will y’all be listening to the album from beginning to end or choosing the songs you anticipated the most? I know I want to listen to it from beginning to end, but I might not help myself and might listen to my most anticipated songs.

Also to the people that have listened to the album already, do you feel like the tracklist makes sense in its official order or will you me rearranging it to your liking and what you feel makes more sense? If so what would that look like?

I’m going to listen to it all the way through and in the correct order. I think it flows well and listening to Hope randomly this week, I decided it’s a good closer. You really appreciate the subject matter more when you hear it with the other songs. I feel like Hope is Get Free’s slightly cynical sister, but she’s more realistic in her positive outlook in life. Don’t know if that makes sense... lol

the 1-2-3-4 punch of the first four tracks on NFR is just incredible. What a transcendent experience...I feel like I’ve been transported to the Cali coast in the sunshine for the entire 20ish minutes.

Ohh I hope I can do the same. Do you have an idea of how you’d edit the tracklist?

And I cannot wait to be able to bop to these songs in the car. I feel like they’re going to blow me away.

Delete Doin Time & TNBAR if thex don't fit and putting VB at the end.

Mfhp.gif

Totally unrelated (maybe?) but I just saw that Tool's lead single was released on august 7th and the audio already has 7,7 million views on youtube. Thats almost what Venice Bitch did in 11 months (8,6 million)  :toofunny:

And before y'all say "oh but VB its 9 minutes long" this new Tool track its literally 10:22 minutes long so yeah #3 debut incoming  :ohno:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

hi i’m new here but just wanted to say that i cried the first time i heard the swell of the strings on the ‘in your car’ insta snippet, and my fragile gay ass is so ready to hear that in hq lol

Idk why HIAB is...hitting me...tonight. Mess.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I decided months ago I wouldn't be buying it either. I refuse to spend my hard-earned money on things that don't give me joy. And it turns out I don't even like half the album so like...spend $15 why? For Duke Nicholson's mug and Lana's ugly neon jacket? I still feel only frustration when I think about this album. I feel genuine happiness when I play Born To Die. I was barely making ends meet when I bought the Deluxe version but I don't regret it. BTD & Paradise feel magical to me. I won't lie, I was disappointed in the Deluxe version of Ultraviolence, the packaging felt a bit cheap. But the music is out of this world. UV & Honeymoon mean so much to me, I felt like I had to have physical copies. Lust For Life was a bit on the meh side but I was like, might as well.... NFR though? This bitch has no place in my collection. A download is what she deserves.

Omg did I write this???

Jokes aside, I really agree with what you said. I find this era has to be the most lackluster (and I absolutely h****d Lust for Life when it came out, and I still have yet to be able to listen to that album from start to finish without skipping more than half of the song until I finaaaallyyy reach Get Free).

Born To Die, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon they rock my world, they are the holy trinity of albums! And I have collected vinyls and boxsets too and was glad to spend all that money on Lana. But I feel super conflicted, because I really wanted to love this album even though I knew from the get go that I would most likely dislike Jack's production, and I feel like I was spot on. I love how stripped down and more "natural" the album feels compared to the trap beats mess that is Lust for Life, but it feels dry as fuck and also super flat, even on The Greatest (which is a superb song to me) the instrumentals they just lack intensity, like they lack percussion idk.

I'm still looking forward to hear the actual songs in their HQ glory, but I'm not spending a dime on that nonsensical era, and that DIY cover (and like you too I cannot stand that ugly sweater and that nail color,) but the picture is still beautiful to me though. I love the mix of real photography and artsy painted blue skies.

That era was a mess from the beginning... the rest has just been dry af.