Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I've been thinking, she basically described the album as her daily life, so what if the aesthetic of this era is actually her hanging out with friends and posting sunset pics? I mean, it's her daily life that she posts on Instagram, and all the pics kinda look the same, they have a similar vibe.

Maybe it's shades of (as opposed to shading) Norman Rockwell, as in the Easter egg baby photo and the recent lap dog photo (lucky dog). I'm hoping there's also going to be a "Fucking" part to the scenario coming up (similar to what Marina's doing with Love and Fear).

This will sound really awful (I'm sorry) but nothing kills a career in entertainment business faster then when kids come into the picture. Lana is 34 and chances are she's one of those woman who doesn't feel complete without children. Now would be the time for Lana to have kids because as we know, women's eggs start dying out around their 30's. 

Then again look at Cardi B. She literally twerks on stage between breast feeding her baby AND she's popular as hell.

I don't think Lana is really into the music business as before or maybe she's tired of being "Lana" and wants to pull a 'Marina' and go back to "Lizzy". 

Not to b malicious at all, but I'd be really curious as to what kind of mom she'd be. In many ways, she's still mysterious to me imo, which could b either good or bad, and not to judge, but at the moment when whoever mentioned kids, all I pictured was Lana just cradling the new babe, looking at her husband while she's pointing him/her eyes still closed face to him. Oh god, she'd probably be an excellent mother. I wonder what her husband would b like - just imagine. Wow I'd b real happy for her.. 

As if it were my or anyone else's decision but hers, but I think I'd be ok w NFR being the last record we'd have in a while. I feel like once she starts feeling the magic of life again, she'll just have to express herself outwardly thru her art/music thru whatever medium. Now if we could just get the record alreadyyy 

Lmfaooooo at the Cardi comment tho, could u imagineeee, her tweeting about her kids how she does w her amusing comebacks gahaaaaaaaaa

UV/Honeymoon

This will sound really awful (I'm sorry) but nothing kills a career in entertainment business faster then when kids come into the picture. Lana is 34 and chances are she's one of those woman who doesn't feel complete without children. Now would be the time for Lana to have kids because as we know, women's eggs start dying out around their 30's. 

Then again look at Cardi B. She literally twerks on stage between breast feeding her baby AND she's popular as hell.

I don't think Lana is really into the music business as before or maybe she's tired of being "Lana" and wants to pull a 'Marina' and go back to "Lizzy". 

I agree, but she's said quite a few times that she wants to have them so I'd be surprised if that has changed. I'd imagine that, like most women, she'd want a stable relationship first, though ... and she seems to struggle with that ... haven't seen that actor guy for awhile, either, but maybe they're just doing a really good job of keeping it out of the public eye.

She might opt to do a Madonna and just get some guy as a baby daddy.

Speaking of Madonna, she had her daughter when she was 38 and her son when she was 42, and during that time she did Ray of Light, Music, and Confessions on a Dance Floor which are three of her best albums, imo (we'll just pretend that American Life never happened, though). So the quality of the music won't necessarily decrease if she does have kiddos.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

After years of depression, I think Lana is finally learning how to live again. And no one can blame her for that. Things change so fast. When she put out 2 songs back in September, she was probably in a different state of mind than she's now. She didn't have her new friends, wasn't going out much, she basically only had herserlf. As we know, NFR is sad girl shit. Maybe she just wants to put the reality aside for some time before going back to this album that reflects so much of her life. She says it in Hope; shaking her ass is the only thing that helps her escape from her sadness. She didn't have much close friends to do it before, now she does.

We've only known her with her depression, so it's surely a big change for fans. It's her right to live and enjoy her life before going back into her deep shit with music.

Yes, this era is so long. But it we think a bit, was it really a mistake to release two songs back in September? Again, if her mood was different, things were maybe planned differently too, and at that time, it's not impossible that she wanted to put out the record quicker. Then the poetry book came in and she focused on that more than anything else. Hope was supposedly the October single, but what if she wasn't ready to put it out? What if it was too sad and personal and she didn't want the world to hear it? What if the same thing's happening with the whole album? (again, related to the fact that she wants to have fun before putting it out)

Let's let her live. Let's let her think of herself first. The album is coming. The book is coming. Other artists are coming. Let's stop focusing so much on NFR. It'll be out when it's time. And yes it's frustrating that it might come out a year after the first singles, but that's how it is and asking for the album everywhere she posts won't change a thing.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

honestly at this point it would just be rude not to have the next single be cinnamon. like imagine ignoring us for months...thats the least she can do. 

This era has been such a mess and we've been ignored so much that I wouldn't be surprised if Cinnamon wasn't the next single or a single at all (or even released...)

An album full of Venice Bitches (except they dont need to be 9 mins long) would make me restan so hard

I get that, but hunty u literally could just have the track on repeat for 11 to 13 times just saying tumblr_inline_na3yd34CUV1r183ww.gif

This era has been such a mess and we've been ignored so much that I wouldn't be surprised if Cinnamon wasn't the next single or a single at all (or even released...)

With all the emphasis and attention she's put on Homosexuality is a Butterfly, I'd actually be surprised that Cinnaspice would be chosen as the next promo single. She's kinda like a Cherry/Groupie Love vibe love child from what we've heard so far, but I'd like to b surprised but who really knows 

UV/Honeymoon

Packing all my things for the summer

This album cycle’s really a bummer cuz I

Been waiting for this shit since September

Just let this record drop

Weren't ya'll expecting news on Thursday? Well today is the day and if nothing happens then I'm blaming ya'll for giving me false hope.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Weren't ya'll expecting news on Thursday? Well today is the day and if nothing happens then I'm blaming ya'll for giving me false hope.

Blame Fantasy if it turns out to be, well, a fantasy. 

Hopefully the three pics posted today are the warm-up act.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Packing all my things for the summer

This album cycle’s really a bummer cuz I

Been waiting for this shit since September

Just let this record drop

The day I saw you all unstan, you all unstan

Said you will all unstan

I just hope we all learned something from this. I know I did.

Me too. I love her with all of my heart, but she is stubborn as fuck and never does anything like anyone else. Obsessing over her is toxic and pointless. And now, we move along.

I think the thing that pisses me off is that she has the nerve to post every few days these pics with her friends and then doesn’t find the time to post any updates about what’s going on.

Just a simple “Hey, guys! Album and book coming this summer, thanks for your patience you’ll get to read and listen soon enough xx LDR” is all that’s needed. Or “Hey guys just wanted to let you know, books are bounded and we’re finishing up the rest of the record, I’ll put it out soon xx LDR”

Nobody cares about her thots we just want her THOUGHTS about the album or any fucking thing I guess. I’m desperate at this point...

Inb4 someone goes off, sure she has the right to post what she wants but come on...

I feel you, but you need to understand she genuinely doesn't care.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

With Marina and FKA Twigs being close friends of hers and them making amazing comebacks with fans support still, she may think that taking a long break for years wouldn’t be as bad as she suspected. Lets be honest, people will still remember Lana when she comes back. Maybe not as extreme, but she will be known. And my guess is that she’s dragging this album out because this may be the last one for a while. She probably wants to hold on to the last second

giphy.gif