Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

this is really mean. her poetry is not shit at all

she is a public figure putting her work out into the world (and getting paid millions to do so).  criticism is part of that.  im sure most people would think my art is trash, and i would accept it if someone told me.  no one is obligated to like someone's art.  i love most of what Lana has done, including the monologues in her music videos past.  i shouldnt just say "her poetry is shit" bc its subjective. but i personally do not like it for the reasons i laid out - it lacks depth and only focuses on vague relationship drama.  been there done that

she is a public figure putting her work out into the world (and getting paid millions to do so).  criticism is part of that.  im sure most people would think my art is trash, and i would accept it if someone told me.  no one is obligated to like someone's art.  i love most of what Lana has done, including the monologues in her music videos past.  i shouldnt just say "her poetry is shit" bc its subjective. but i personally do not like it for the reasons i laid out - it lacks depth and only focuses on vague relationship drama.  been there done that

fair point

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

The song is cute but its exactly everything i expected from the snippet. There's literally nothing new to it and its pretty bland and repetitive the whole way through. I dont know why ya'll are loving it so much

i cant get over the last 2 seconds... was that a mess up in production? it just seems so weird and abrupt. 

Yeah I feel like the transitions are very jarring (especially the end).

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Yeah you can tell this is what she wanted LFL to be more in the vein of. I blame Rick for that shit

The only person to blame for how shit LFL turned out is Lana herself. It sounds the way she wanted it to sound. 

Doin' Time is flawless. I kinda wanted to keep hating on Lana for the rest of this era, but now I love her again. Mess. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

she's dropped songs and fucked off so many times without releasing an actual album or giving any input, stay frosty guys. i know we've been renewed but let's not delude ourselves. everyone sit down, anyone for a cold beverage?

The song is cute but its exactly everything i expected from the snippet. There's literally nothing new to it and its pretty bland and repetitive the whole way through. I dont know why ya'll are loving it so much

this is me. it's great but it's not memorable, it's just not

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

I was never the slightest bit interested in the snippet either.. yeah this songs just not it. I hope its not on the album. There's no way she could place a masterpiece like Hope and a song like this on the same album. No way

Obviously it's possible that Doin' Time means nothing for NFR, but it would be pretty damn smart of her to drop a track like this after the massive delays before finally announcing the release of NFR soon. It's sooooo good, and the perfect summer bop. Even better than the original I think.

im happy she's released new heatstroke music given i've been having a continuous stroke nonstop since the genocide of march 25th '19

some of the problem for me is that she's SO emotive and personal as an artist and even her bops on born to die (which i'm still not bored of) were emotive, this is a great cover and i think it has radio play all over it (whether this happens or not is a different matter) but it wasn't written by her and it just... doesn't move me, maybe because i don't associate it with her or anything she's trying to say about herself

it's partly why love did nothing for me, again great song.. but i didn't feel she meant 50% of that album and was instead trying to move on from this 'sad girl' image she's created... when actually, she seems like a restless unsatisfied person

Hope Is A Boring Song For A Faggot Like Me To Play – So I Binned It And Decided To Stream Doin' Time Instead.

you're entitled to your wrong opinion that's fine

i liked summer bummer, but it was also so 'her'. idk, what doesn't help is she's now carved such strong, continuous imagery for herself. she uses the same themes repeatedly and even a lot of the same lyrics, her breaking from that will be really hard. on LFL she tried to do that and failed so bad

i liked summer bummer, but it was also so 'her'. idk, what doesn't help is she's now carved such strong, continuous imagery for herself. she uses the same themes repeatedly and even a lot of the same lyrics, her breaking from that will be really hard. on LFL she tried to do that and failed so bad

I totally get what you mean. It's hard for me to vibe with Doin' Time on an emotional level because the lyrics are not hers and don't really have any meaning to me.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

genuine question, did any of us become fans of lana because she wasn't a sad, horny, dissatisfied "failed beauty queen" who constantly felt insecure and abandoned by people she loved and dreamed of a different life, even when she was slut dropping to heavy bass and a killer dance melody? lmao