Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

There are new churches who have adapted to today's society. You can find them anywhere, especially in a place like LA. Places like Hillsong are backwards af and should be avoided.

And that's why I think she started attending churchome instead. It still isn't confirmed what church she went to on the 6th, but she's been attending churchome a lot recently, and not hillsong. 

But again, if she did attend hillsong, which i doubt, people shouldn't be outraged about it if they don't have that same energy for people who attend a catholic church (not talking about the "new churches").

qfrWuBl.png

And that's why I think she started attending churchome instead. It still isn't confirmed what church she went to on the 6th, but she's been attending churchome a lot recently, and not hillsong. 

But again, if she did attend hillsong, which i doubt, people shouldn't be outraged about it if they don't have that same energy for people who attend a catholic church (not talking about the "new churches").

But maybe these people do have the same outrage. I can't speak for everyone else, but I know I wouldn't stan someone who goes to these kinds of places. Famous or not.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

if she's hanging with people from hillsong and counts them as good friends does it really make any difference though?! idk. i wouldn't count people from a church like that as friends, she's clearly in with or at least a part of their community

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

Bieber is so unhinged these days. He basically wants people to forget about all the shit Chris Brown did in the past (abuse and such), and put him on a pedestal just because their friends. It's gross, but it seems to be a common thing for bible thumpers to protect abusers.

Their whole religion is based on forgiveness of sins and shit like that. I don't think it's too surprising that Justin would forgive Chris (not that any of that makes it okay, it's not).

giphy.gif

She's minding her own business though, she's never spoke about the church or said people should go or how great it is(we wouldn't even know unless people werent there taking photos). It could be personal stuff like help with mental health, addiction, could be family problems or someone she knows with an illness or someone could have died.

how tf is the church gonna help with that?? churches pretend to be charitable and all, but look at their heinous scripture, look at their core tenets, look at the homeless problem, even specifically in LA.  there's no caring for the downtrodden, poor, or needy around there.  they (Christians, or anyone who claims the Bible is true / the word of god) want to pretend gays dont exist (i.e. kill them) and they want women to sit down and shut up. it's literally in the scripture.  and that's not even mentioning the history of the church's relationship with genocide and slavery!

Literally the catholic church also hates gay people and says their lifestyle is wrong, are we gonna cancel every artist that attends a catholic church? This selective outrage is emberassing. Almost all churches are fucked up.

Also, who says she's still attending hillsong?? The last couple of times she attended church it was confirmed to be churchome, not hillsong, and from what I've gathered, churchome is wayy less worse than hillsong, or even the catholic church, regarding the lgbt community. 

exactly - fuck all of them. i know that's not what you meant, but you brought up an excellent point.  why are we allowing these institutions and their followers who have damaged so many lives to still have this kind off free pass?  i think we should cancel every artist that attends any kind of church that pretends the Bible is here to help people while ignoring the actual history.

But maybe these people do have the same outrage. I can't speak for everyone else, but I know I wouldn't stan someone who goes to these kinds of places. Famous or not.

this, and same

how tf is the church gonna help with that?? churches pretend to be charitable and all, but look at their heinous scripture, look at their core tenets, look at the homeless problem, even specifically in LA.  there's no caring for the downtrodden, poor, or needy around there.  they (Christians, or anyone who claims the Bible is true / the word of god) want to pretend gays dont exist (i.e. kill them) and they want women to sit down and shut up. it's literally in the scripture.  and that's not even mentioning the history of the church's relationship with genocide and slavery!

exactly - fuck all of them. i know that's not what you meant, but you brought up an excellent point.  why are we allowing these institutions and their followers who have damaged so many lives to still have this kind off free pass?  i think we should cancel every artist that attends any kind of church that pretends the Bible is here to help people while ignoring the actual history.

this, and same

I agree, im not into Chruch or God at all and I think this Churchome is nothing but a scam people have done to get rich and they probably don't care much about Charity or other people but some people are into God and praying and going to Church and they do it probably as they just like to and think it helps them through problems.

I hate all religion but evangelical homophobic celebrity cult churches are the fucking worst. 

Churchome isn't any better than Hillsong, just not as well-known. Same shit, different name. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Serious question to y'all...

Am I the only one who kinda wants to unstan? literally

Serious answer, this stan shit is unhealthy af. I'm not about that ride or die life irl for people I actually know, I sure as hell ain't gonna blindly defend & support people who don't give a rat's ass about me or even know I exist. People need to be checked CONSTANTLY. People need to be called out on their shit. Being an enabler aint cute anymore. It's a sad existence. I mean we're not even there to reap whatever benefits come with being a real life yes man. We get NOTHING from this. I see all these desperate people like...you really think Lana's gonna notice you? Single you out, maybe fly you out to LA to go to church with her and take cute selfies with your matcha smoothies? The fuck. You think you're gonna live out your "Paris Hilton's My New BFF" dreams but with Lana? Jesus. Stanning just don't make no sense, not in this economy, sorry.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

https://churchome.org/calendar/event/5596

LA Baptism

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 at 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm

Join us on September 25th after our gathering as we baptize members of our LA community. If you would like to be baptized, click the link to sign up.

Someone should go on that date, might be a chance of seeing Lana getting baptized :eek:

Serious question to y'all...

Am I the only one who kinda wants to unstan? literally

I don't wanna unstan. Lana and her music still occupy a very special spot in my life and the shit I've gone through. Though I do question what she thinks she's doing.

giphy.gif

Honestly? I do too. And it's not just because this era is a mess, but because I'm slowly realising I'm just not a fan of Lana as a person. I'd still listen to her music, but I don't think I can defend her at every mishap she makes (hillsong, being politically ignorant etc). If I'm being brutally honest, I never really liked her personality that much. I don't know why...but it's always been that way from the start. It feels awful to say because she's not an evil person...but yeah.

Lately she's just been...not there? Like her head is empty and she's just floating around LA like a ghost.

I'm so jealous lol. I wish I could say the same. But I really loved her, and I still love the person she used to be even though I'm aware of how much shit I overlooked to be able to love her. Even though I initially disliked her (good times yall) she ended up winning me over. It truly is alarming how disarming she can be...That charm of hers was out of this world. Even when I couldn't relate to her, which was often, she still felt real and familiar. Though that was bc of personal reasons. Anyway, I really wish I could feel just like you do. Lucky bitch lol

I love Lana but I guess I “unstanned” her a while ago.. I haven’t been fully invested as a fan of her releases since Honeymoon. Lust for Life was cute but I can just see Lana taking a different artistic path now than I’d hoped, I guess.. idk! Maybe whenever the hell this new album comes out it will surprise me & draw me back in. Her current work isn’t captivating for me anymore.

Lana’s early releases & her huge catalog of unreleased will always have my heart though. ♥️

14417469274.gif

"lately ive been feeling like it's someone else's job to care" <---well this puta is not doing her job (AKA releasing good non-christian music), so maybe its time to start caring

and we had no idea she was talking about human rights :crai:

I didn’t even know there was drama surrounding her for going to Hillsong.. I really haven’t kept up with Lana at all.

That’s... unfortunate.gif

How disappointing?? There are other, less shitty churches to attend girl...

14417469274.gif

thank you for saying what i wanted to say but not how i would say it

U need Jesus too, girl!

Anyways, WAITING for a church inspired song @Lana! Let’s go!

:woot: giphy.gif :woot: