Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I genuinely don't understand how people can say this...

Like Honeymoon was serving visuals, the album shoot is probably her best and the music videos were really dreamy and muted - perfect for the music and following on from Ultraviolence

Then Lust For Life began with amazing imagery; the space aesthetic, which was a return to the cinematic following Honeymoon. In this era we got the Love music video which felt like a return to Born To Die visuals, the album trailer (space witch), the promo shoots with Neil and then even the Lust For Life and White Mustang music videos had a very clear aesthetic that fitted with the theme. Then going into the LA To The Moon tour. I agree that the album cover was lacklustre compared to previous ones.

I feel like she really can't catch a break, people said Honeymoon was boring and that the album cover was awful. So she tried to return to the cinematic with the music videos and pretty much served us an updated version of the Born To Die album cover with Lust For Life (complete with original logo and everything). Then that wasn't good enough and everybody was saying Ultraviolence was her best look, so she goes back to the t-shirt and denim, except she wears less makeup and now she's not trying and suddenly not glamorous enough.

I have loved the imagery served for this record so far, and we only have 3 single covers. The first two, for me, are dripping in hazy summer melancholy and wouldn't look out of place in the Ultraviolence album booklet. The visuals we got for the first two songs were a return to the homemade and archived footage aesthetic that she was famous for, this time focusing less on Hollywood - they look really nice, they are simple but it works.

You aren't trying to understand, that's why. I feel as though with Lust for Life - although it began with powerful visuals - it felt somewhat lazy in terms of longevity. It ended very suddenly. I don't like the visual direction she is going in because, to be frank, I feel as though there isn't one. It's as if she is simply "breaking character". I personally don't consider the minimalistic approach as a "visual", but that is only my opinion so it doesn't matter. I have to admit I do like some imagery in this era, such as the MAC cover, but they are sub-par when compared to past efforts.

giphy.gif  

did y'all see this?

https://twitter.com/jackantonoff/status/1083508601409454080

"hope is a dangerous thing is one of 2 songs that happened the first day that lana and i were in the studio. recorded no click mostly live, felt piano + lana’s perfect vocal. sounded exactly like that in the room. this one means a lot. listen at night alone"

did y'all see this?

https://twitter.com/jackantonoff/status/1083508601409454080

"hope is a dangerous thing is one of 2 songs that happened the first day that lana and i were in the studio. recorded no click mostly live, felt piano + lana’s perfect vocal. sounded exactly like that in the room. this one means a lot. listen at night alone"

The other one is Bartender, I'm sure of it. Those are the two tracks Lana mentioned early 2018 right before they started working together  :ohno:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I dont think she runs out of ideas or inspiration but she is lazy to find a crew to help her or maybe her record company doesnt give her enough money for that since she refuses to do a proper promo

But yeah I love the new songs so far so I dont think she is losing her inspiration

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

is march 29 the new may 26??? y’all really can’t trust what websites say until someone from her actual team says it. maybe she’ll push back march 29 to june something and she’ll cut 4 tracks and add 19 features.

giphy.gif

Just random thoughts I have:

1) Shocked at how HIADT is still in top 25 on iTunes. She usually gets pretty high but drops quickly and this one is still hanging on. I sort of ragged on it, but knowing now it's just a fan single and having listened, it's gorgeous. There is a universal theme there that I think lots of people identify with.

2) I think the MGK/Lana collar is for his album - not hers. So everyone afraid of rap features (I was not, but I'm probably in the minority) can probably be rest assured.

3) Can't say why - but I'm not sure HIAB is the lead single. I'd be ok if it was, but it feels too uneventful if it were. At the end of the day, she's still a mainstream artist at a bigger label and this is a business. So I don't know...

4) This album is starting to feel very special. I know people compare to UV, but I am feeling a lot of Paradise EP too. Just in terms of the quality of songs.

5) I'm not feeling the stripped back look - BUT we have all the Gucci work coming out (this week maybe?) which helps to remind us of how GLAM she can be (a la BTD, Paradise).

is march 29 the new may 26??? y’all really can’t trust what websites say until someone from her actual team says it. maybe she’ll push back march 29 to june something and she’ll cut 4 tracks and add 19 features.

it has to come out soon as she's already finished it. with LfL she was still recording in April/May time (White Mustang, Coachella etc.) 

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

Also, can I get an admin's help, there's a user whose posts I can't read, their name is "white gold" and their posts just appear like "ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant," is it just me or ???

Also, can I get an admin's help, there's a user whose posts I can't read, their name is "white gold" and their posts just appear like "ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant ignorant," is it just me or ???

Dead

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

it has to come out soon as she's already finished it. with LfL she was still recording in April/May time (White Mustang, Coachella etc.)

True, the only good thing about her postponing LFL was adding Cherry to it, nothing ELSE

About the visuals: we also have to keep in mind that Lana reached to a lot of directors back in 2017 to work with her on the Cherry music video and all of them rejected the project. The experience probably got her feeling discouraged and that's why she's mostly working with Chuck and no one else (we know damn well Chuck would never say no to any of her ideas) so there's that  :crossed:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

About the visuals: we also have to keep in mind that Lana reached to a lot of directors back in 2017 to work with her on the Cherry music video and all of them rejected the project. The experience probably got her feeling discouraged and that's why she's mostly working with Chuck and no one else (we know damn well Chuck would never say no to any of her ideas) so there's that  :crossed:

Didn't know, source?

Chuck saving the era;d

Didn't know, source?

She said that in an interview with MTV..I think she said that she had some ideas but the producers she reached didnt like them so..

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...