Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Wow, your taste.

The Other Woman puts a bad taste in my mouth. Guns and Roses as well.

I tried liking these two tracks, I really did. I came close to enjoying Guns & Roses but no, I can't.  :eek:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I tried liking these two tracks, I really did. I came close to enjoying Guns & Roses but no, I can't.  :eek:

I can't deal with Is This Happiness either, but I know that's not a popular opinion

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Guns & Roses could have been a good song. The lyrics are good, the beat is good, but the melody is so bland. Another Lana song killed by the instrumental

NZqh.gif

I feel like literally everyone forgot about her You Must Love Me cover.

I haven't, I still listen to it once a week

NZqh.gif

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

c

@cult_singer on insta just said they were leaking something at 1.75k followers and just posted the “The Good Life” snippet.. follow ladies!!

can't find him can you link him so I can follow him

She's definitely been filming music videos, but idk about photoshoots; neither will be "high quality," though.

I'd really like that image to make the booklet, maybe in the credits? I really think that the visuals will make sense once we hear more of the album, I like the stripped back approach.

About the visuals: we also have to keep in mind that Lana reached to a lot of directors back in 2017 to work with her on the Cherry music video and all of them rejected the project. The experience probably got her feeling discouraged and that's why she's mostly working with Chuck and no one else (we know damn well Chuck would never say no to any of her ideas) so there's that  :crossed:

okay y'all so i'm thinking it's possible this era could have a homemade feel to it meaning she might be making more for herself more than any of the other albums. for example, the songs seem (to me) to be more vulnerable and forward with the content/with how she might be feeling, the visuals are laid back and more like home movies/mementos for herself than ever before, so i'm thinking we might get a personal album through and through (@@bored i feel like you kind of get what i mean here)

with that said, y'all really need to understand how the industry, at least the visual industry works. with music videos, usually a director is reached out to for a specific reason: either they are notable and the artist wants them to create a concept, or the artist wants someone to help them create their own concept. now i don't know what concept lana had for the cherry video that directors declined working with her, but it's also possible that she was just looking at the wrong people. music videos are a mess to shoot and most of the time are not fun (i've worked on several). there's a lot more that goes into this than "she's being lazy", "guess she doesn't have the budget", like stfu you guys don't even know what you're talking about.

also, if chuck is serving visuals for lana let's not act like chuck is holding a gun to her head. lana made the decision and why shouldn't she work with her sister? as a filmmaker, i'd kill to have the connections lana does and the built in team like her sister because it allows for maximum comfort/confidence in what you want to make. and it's EASIER, like they can just go to some location and fucking shoot a concept but everyone here will focus on the "low quality" like polaroids had high quality in the first place are you all dumb? chuck literally works on film most of the time and if lana wants that then why is all the blame on chuck???

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

If Flipside was the closing track on standard edition, it would have been her strongest, and best closing track.

I don't care I still consider Flipside the closing track. But still... The Lucky Ones will always be my favorite closing track  :toofunny:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains