Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Florida Kilos is uglier than Guns and Roses

Florida Kilos so fucking out of place, should been replaced by Your Girl

Ooh taste

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

If we get a tour for NFR how do you think the setlist will be? My guess is:

Intro

Venice Bitch

High By The Beach

Cinnamon

Born To Die

Blue Jeans

Summertime Sadness

Mariner's Apartment Complex

West Coast

Happiness Is A Butterfly

Cherry

Young & Beautiful

Hope / Change Medley

Ride

Video Games

Ultraviolence

Serial Killer

How To Disappear

Off To The Races

:creep:

i'd be cool with that. bathroom break during hope/change medley

to be fair, the time between UV and HM was astronomically low, she basically started thinking about HM before UV was even fully mixed. I wouldn't be surprised if she only made so many tracks (as she also worked on big eyes music which was 3/4 tracks)  for honeymoon, thus all being released

Good point, perhaps it's more likely that there are a lot less outtakes and unleaked material.

And obviously Born To Die has a lot of material, considering she was already working on it around 2009/2010.

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

all of BtD, half of Ultraviolence, Lust for Life, Love (if she can find the key) and then she'll sing half of Venice Bitch while going down to pit to see the same 10 rich as fuck lipsters she sees every show.

I will never forgive her for not singing Love at my concert  :toofunny: a true act of homophobia

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

my least favorite thing about honeymoon is the complete lack of leaks or outtakes...like BtD basically has 4 conrete "almost-was" that you could fill in, among every song having 1-7 demo versions..like it's all there. 

Paradise has the obvious Paradise and we know Angels Forever;Forever Angels is basically a prologue to Ride, besides those songs being made right alongside/after BtDs tracklist

Ultraviolence is full of demos/alt versions/and a hot 6-8 outtakes with some leaked beforehand you could sift into the tracklist...your girl, jfk, black beauty, fine chine, etc. 

Honeymoon is pretty much..everything she recorded she used. and it makes me sad. :crossed: the only registered songs we hadn't heard at the time was BPBP (which was basically written originally for big eyes) and Wild One, in which we have 0 information about. there are no unreleased songs that fill in a mystery vein of Honeymoon, which is something we can't say for any other era. 

Even LfL has so many unheard secrets. Yosemite, Architecture (final), Roses Bloom, Cactus, Something Real, Malibu, the 4 demos of LfL, the 4 unnamed political tracks we never heard, etc. 

Norman Rockwell so far has "0" because we don't know what'll be on the album, talking like an answering machine is probably our closest to the first era outtake though

Whatever lands on NFR, we know for SURE, there was at least 1-3 tracks produced by Rick before she met with Jack, and there are those 2 country tracks that aren’t on the album (at least, as far as we know) so roughly at least 3-5 tracks not on it. There could possibly be more, I mean it wouldn’t surprise me. I’d like to know how many demo versions/changed instrumentals there might actually be...

I remember with Honeymoon, there weren’t many known unreleased tracks from that project but I’m pretty sure somewhere it was said there were about 20-25 tracks she worked on during that time? I could be wrong but iirc it was around that number and we know nothing about most of those outtakes (I’d love to hear the demo for MTWBT) or what the album would’ve been if it was named “MTWBT” like originally intended

UV has so many good ones too. Remember that one Coconut & Key Lime Pie? Was that confirmed fake??? I think Your Girl was turned into Sad Girl some how. The chorus sounds very similar to me. That’s just my personal take on that one. Idk if that’s true at all, I haven’t listened to both back to back and compared the tracks but I always thought they were too similar to put both on the record (even tho I love both)

Sorry these are the questions I still have and still wondering. Your post just got me thinking about these again lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Whatever lands on NFR, we know for SURE, there was at least 1-3 tracks produced by Rick before she met with Jack, and there are those 2 country tracks that aren’t on the album (at least, as far as we know) so roughly at least 3-5 tracks not on it. There could possibly be more, I mean it wouldn’t surprise me. I’d like to know how many demo versions/changed instrumentals there might actually be...

I remember with Honeymoon, there weren’t many known unreleased tracks from that project but I’m pretty sure somewhere it was said there were about 20-25 tracks she worked on during that time? I could be wrong but iirc it was around that number and we know nothing about most of those outtakes (I’d love to hear the demo for MTWBT) or what the album would’ve been if it was named “MTWBT” like originally intended

UV has so many good ones too. Remember that one Coconut & Key Lime Pie? Was that confirmed fake??? I think Your Girl was turned into Sad Girl some how. The chorus sounds very similar to me. That’s just my personal take on that one. Idk if that’s true at all, I haven’t listened to both back to back and compared the tracks but I always thought they were too similar to put both on the record (even tho I love both)

Sorry these are the questions I still have and still wondering. Your post just got me thinking about these again lol

Isn't Coconut & Key Lime Pie a David Kahne outtake?

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Coconut and Key Lime Pie goes way back before UV. Think that's from 2007 or so.

I don't know which thread I got this from but I remember someone close to Lana (like a photographer or someone) said that some Honeymoon demos kind of had an 80s sound to them.

Kinda still mad that You Can Be The Boss didn't make Born To Die.

Angels Forever, Forever Angels didn't make Paradise.

Yes To Heaven and Fine China didn't make Ultraviolence.

Best American Record didn't make Lust For Life.

I will never forgive her for not singing Love at my concert  :toofunny: a true act of homophobia

the phoenix date was so special, she sung it perfectly and even zoned out cause everything sung along & had their lights on, iirc she mentioned getting emotional bc it looked like a bunch of tiny stars or sumn

What's the 2-3 she worked on with Rick? Obviously Yosemite/Architecture but (those r on the fucking album), RBFY was dead on arrival, besides it's resurgence when she began brainstorming NFR in Dec. of 2017; and yeah i guess we have the 2 country tracks as outtakes, the only demo we know of right now is How to Disappear, which is literally just a piano skeleton before Jack seemingly added in electronic additives.

RT

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i love that she sung YCBTB during promotional campaigns like it was gna be on BtD sksk, that one performance where she's in that black dress is iconic

and it's okay BAR didn't make Lust for Life, cause it's making Norman Fucking Rockwell :flutter:

Guys... I was just thinking how extremely criticized Lana was at the beginning of her career, ridiculed for always writing sad songs and what else... and how it made her depressed... and now she’s given us perhaps her most honest song ever, Hope. Isn’t that fantastic that she’s confident and brave enough to put it out for the world to hear? How far she’s come? To write a song which isn’t necessarily about violence, abuse or bad relationships but her true and honest feelings?

I’m just :wowcry:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

the phoenix date was so special, she sung it perfectly and even zoned out cause everything sung along & had their lights on, iirc she mentioned getting emotional bc it looked like a bunch of tiny stars or sumn

What's the 2-3 she worked on with Rick? Obviously Yosemite/Architecture but (those r on the fucking album), RBFY was dead on arrival, besides it's resurgence when she began brainstorming NFR in Dec. of 2017; and yeah i guess we have the 2 country tracks as outtakes, the only demo we know of right now is How to Disappear, which is literally just a piano skeleton before Jack seemingly added in electronic additives.

For all we know, Bartender was originally done with Rick. It could’ve been the first track Jack worked on because she mentioned it around the same time they were starting work together. I just always assumed she did that one with Rick and I think she said she had maybe 1 more but didn’t put a name out??? I can’t remember now it was a year ago I think before the early NFR sessions began in Jan 18

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

i love that she sung YCBTB during promotional campaigns like it was gna be on BtD sksk, that one performance where she's in that black dress is iconic

and it's okay BAR didn't make Lust for Life, cause it's making Norman Fucking Rockwell :flutter:

god i hope so but doubt it

Angels Forever was for UV V1

negAbhB.png

Does anyone know what those 2 MikeWill tracks were for? Around 2013? Maybe the original UV?

giphy.gif

For all we know, Bartender was originally done with Rick. It could’ve been the first track Jack worked on because she mentioned it around the same time they were starting work together. I just always assumed she did that one with Rick and I think she said she had maybe 1 more but didn’t put a name out??? I can’t remember now it was a year ago I think before the early NFR sessions began in Jan 18

NFR sessions began around January of 2018 yeah, but she had been brainstorming since at least right after her California mini-tour; she said Change was the route she began taking and I wholeheartedly believe her releasing the studio snippets of RBFY in Dec of 2017 was to help her be inspired, since they're pretty similar songs- it's why i also think Sylvia/HiaB are the first two songs she ever fully worked on with Jack- with Bartender probably being started right after which is why she described it as weird

then there's also the definite 2 tracks she brought to Jack from LfL/whenever

I think it's safe to say the Version 1 of Ultraviolence consisted of

Angels Forever

Black Beauty 

Hollywood (possibly)

JFK (possibly)

Starry Eyed (possibly)

I Can Fly

Wait For Life

Yes To Heaven

Your Girl

Is This Happiness

Fine China

negAbhB.png

god i hope so but doubt it

I mean BAR/Architecture is literally the exact same song as Norman Fucking Rockwell in theme, not to mention the production style of Architecture easily fits into the things we've heard from the current album.

hi just wanted to mention again that i desperatly need RBFY and that it will be on NFR, i'm putting that energy out there, it would fit the album perfectly and anyone saying it wont be on there is just homophobic

qfrWuBl.png