Sign in to follow this  
salvatore

How to Disappear

Cracked the code of this song after @@Nick Del Rey reminded me of a puzzle piece I was missing. So, Lana stated in her livestream she wrote this song after "getting back to New York from Boston" after being "fucked up in Boston"

Nick reminded me there was a rumour of Lana going to Boston to watch her boyfriend who was coaching, which lined up during the same time period as I noticed she was in Rhode Island on October 3rd & New York October 5th with Jack, same day she shares first snippet of HTD along with video captioned "pre-recording dance"

The rumour seemed to originate from a girl who worked at a store Lana was shopping at while in Rhode Island.

Rhode Island - Oct 3 (traveling there)

Boston - Oct 4 (meltdown happened w this guy)

New York - Oct 5 (wrote HTD)

The man in question seems to be this boxer named Joe Schilling, who a bunch of fans attacked on instagram by commenting rats under his instagram posts on October 21st after he dragged her music, and Lana had to tell her fans to back off.
That makes perfect sense given the lyrics: "Joe met me down at the training yard, with cuts on his face 'cause he fought too hard" (which would make sense bc he's a boxer)

October 5th: "At the Red Sox vs Yankee play off game at Fenway Park tonight. We’ll be wishing a mother fcker would." (Fenway Park is in Boston, and Lana was there to watch him train the day before... y'know, down at the training yard)

whew that man really hurt her x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

this song is incredible and it reignited my love for lana. i love this song so hard.

TheProphecyFinal

Here is a link to all streaming services where you can stream my new single, "The Prophecy" :party:

Critics are saying: "It's pretty much the best thing ever" - Anthony Fantano

and "It would be super cool if you listened to it. It may surprise you with how not-bad it is.  It's actually pretty good" - a genuinely unbiased and actual casual pop music listener

you don't wanna be forgotten, you just wanna disappear

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

now its been years since I left New York

and i got a kid and two cats in the yard

the California sun and the movie stars

and I watch the skies getting light as I write

as I think about those years 

and I whisper in your ear-

i’m always going to be right here

no one is going anywhere

what a woman and a songwriter

Hey, I don't know if you remember the little live that Lana did in 2018 with Jack and she sang very different lyrics in “How To Dissapear” can someone tell me what she said?

8 hours ago, Diego Sosa said:

Hey, I don't know if you remember the little live that Lana did in 2018 with Jack and she sang very different lyrics in “How To Dissapear” can someone tell me what she said?

Do you mean the Apple event? The lyrics are basically the same, not counting a couple of inconsequential words like 'And', aside from one apparent difference - the fighter is 'Jim', not 'Joe'.

https://lanadelrey.fandom.com/wiki/How_to_Disappear_(song)

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

how to jingle bells is still completely purged from my mind and NFR for me :rollin:someone needs to leak/send me the stems so we can have an edit that doesn't have those god damn bells.