Sign in to follow this  
Nobody

Lana arriving to Churchome in Beverly Hills, CA - May 29th, 2019

im not surprised but i wish i was. wtf Lana...... she looks like someone's happily senile grandmother here.  i don't get it.  is she going crazy and having her 20007 britney phase or has she just really been super shallow the entire time? like you got Moby characterizing her as being down like, you would get guillotined, and then now shes rich and famous she's literaly just hopping into the same stupid christian cult that's made the world so shitty by invading all indigenous land to spread evil hateful doctrine???? or she just doesnt question it or ever have to think about it like that so its just another look for her to try on? i really dont get it

Lana is oblivious to the ramifications her actions can have on others, as long as she's momentarily happy it's like she stated before she doesn't care the reason why someone likes her whether it be for her money etc she simply likes when people treat her the way she believes she deserves.

Something's making her face look bloated all over sometimes and it's not fillers, it can't be fillers. However, that's clearly not the only thing going on. Her nose looks the same so it's not that. Her lips are almost always thin these days, or she'll only get one lip done which looks weird af. The lip filler situation is definitely to blame in part. The cheekbone area almost always looks fine. Or at least it looks nothing like this*. The buccal area is where I'm 100% sure she has gotten filler in the past and it always looks awful. She's entirely too young for it so idk how she even got the idea to try it. It's meant for people much older than her who want to combat the natural loss of volume in that area (which comes with age). Buccal fat removal is what's making all these models in their 20s look like botoxed up 40 year olds. Anyway, I've noticed her face looking strange even when it's not bloated. You're absolutely right, it does look wider and...shorter? Wtf

* https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/recording-artist-lana-del-rey-attends-2016-billboard-power-100-at-picture-id509884018

Your take on buccal fat removal is 100% correct, I noticed it myself. I once saw a woman post before and after pics of her having it done and I was like 'honey, you're gonna want that fat in 10 years time'

Women in their 20s get surgery to look older and then again in their 30's to look younger.

Seeing her pre-surgery days is wack. Ngl, her past face was pretty meh.  She looked really fucking good after her first few surgeries. I wish she could've stayed in that lane.

I'm highkey terrified that Lana is going to lose what makes her special if she keeps going to these cult-y places that LA celebrities are drawn to. I really hate it. I also have a feeling that her friends introduced her to these places. They are also photographed leaving with her.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Your take on buccal fat removal is 100% correct, I noticed it myself. I once saw a woman post before and after pics of her having it done and I was like 'honey, you're gonna want that fat in 10 years time'

Women in their 20s get surgery to look older and then again in their 30's to look younger.

Seeing her pre-surgery days is wack. Ngl, her past face was pretty meh.  She looked really fucking good after her first few surgeries. I wish she could've stayed in that lane.

I think she looked beautiful, especially by 00s standards. Lips just weren't a big deal back then. You just had to be a tall skinny blonde, and she was. I think her best look was 2014 though. God, what a year for Lana's face, hair and career :krylie:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I'm highkey terrified that Lana is going to lose what makes her special if she keeps going to these cult-y places that LA celebrities are drawn to. I really hate it. I also have a feeling that her friends introduced her to these places. They are also photographed leaving with her.

i feel she kind of already has a little, unless she hugely brings this back with a damn good fucking record and damn good promo. LFL was a huge slip and in my opinion her work is to fully come back from that, it's whether she wants to  :um:

edit: horrendous religious cults aside obv

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

i feel she kind of already has a little, unless she hugely brings this back with a damn good fucking record and damn good promo. LFL was a huge slip and in my opinion her work is to fully come back from that, it's whether she wants to  :um:

edit: horrendous religious cults aside obv

i agree with this.  i will admit, i did fully enjoy LFL but i havent really even listened to those songs anymore in a long while, whereas i was listening to honeymoon straight through without skipping like moooonths after it came out.  and her live shows started to get a lil weird from what i saw on youtube and she cut her hair and all that.  i wonder if having a #1 album and really getting the full spotlight with LFL fucked with her.  im all for someone trying to heal their trauma and find happiness and live a fulfilling life but like.. damn i dont get how what shes doing now feels fulfilling. i grew up in the bible belt of USA and christianity and that whole culture can be very superficial and if you get past the surface layer of love and happiness and fulfillment facade, its just a bunch of lies and abuse.

beyond that, it's like Lana Del Rey was an Icon for the ages, and now she just wants to be some regular insta saddie L.A. girl?

to me she's behaving like she's peaked, i dunno. i remember her saying she "had to make" her first three records, that it was non negotiable. she had something to say and needed to express it. LFL seemed quite forced, the songs we've had from NFR are back to her melancholic self in a more stripped down way. i feel like she's struggling for something to say, she (clearly) isn't naturally political or what you'd call diverse in terms of subject matter (not successfully anyway), she can only really write about the difficulties of fame for so long. i'm starting to think what she's about is pretty limited, not suggesting i haven't loved that but like... where does she go from here?! 

i think we'd be lying if we said a lot of her inspiration wasn't vacuous, doesn't mean she hasn't made beautiful music and imagery out of it but she also isn't a 'mainstream' type artist and i don't think she fits into that narrative very comfortably even if she wants to. it's all very weird, but i can also understand why creatively that makes it quite hard for her

I think she looked beautiful, especially by 00s standards. Lips just weren't a big deal back then. You just had to be a tall skinny blonde, and she was. I think her best look was 2014 though. God, what a year for Lana's face, hair and career :krylie:

There's a recent selfie that was leaked and she looks a little different to her Lizzy days IMO. This one. She's been subtly getting work done overtime.(or she was maybe younger?) But she definitely had the 'Britney' look. Lana's old features really remind me of her. Those days..the Jessica Simpson, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera days...how times have changed.

I'd say through 2012 to 2014, even though 2012 was a little rough, she had some damn good looks.(and one critic said people hated Lana just because she was beautiful so there's that) I noticed plastic surgery does this thing where it makes you incredibly beautiful for a few years and then your face goes to shit. It happened to Megan Fox too. Peak Megan Fox was out of this world and then her face began looking wonky.

and tbh I wouldn't be surprised if Lana's looks are affecting why she's so scarce now. Your face being fucked up can traumatize you and even the smallest changes can be devastating. Especially if you looked as good as Lana did and your career revolves around your public image. :/

she's just tweeted support for liverpool football team. one of the replies was "i wish you were a scouse!" and as a brit i am howling laughing tbh 

what a different discography that would be  :thumb3:  :thumb3:  :thumb3:

She always goes to the same one in Beverly Hills on the same night of the week. 

And this "one" happens to be a very problematic celebrity cult church which is why everyone is upset. Nobody would care if this was some standard suburban church, but it isn't. 

no no i get that part and don't like it either, just up until that point in the thread i was reading hate on her going to church in general which i don't believe is okay

also i can never tell what church it is because it's always showing some back alley exit and didn't want to assume it was the same one because i thought she went to one recently that wasn't in the same location as we speculated? i never saw clarification on that and thought she just went to different churches  :noparty:

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

Has she ever signed anything (online or in written form) as "L" before?

The cogs are turning ...  :twirls:

Plenty of times! I always think she does it on purpose to remain ambiguous with the whole Lana/Lizzy thing.