Sign in to follow this  
Nobody

Lana arriving to Churchome in Beverly Hills, CA - May 29th, 2019

im not surprised but i wish i was. wtf Lana...... she looks like someone's happily senile grandmother here.  i don't get it.  is she going crazy and having her 20007 britney phase or has she just really been super shallow the entire time? like you got Moby characterizing her as being down like, you would get guillotined, and then now shes rich and famous she's literaly just hopping into the same stupid christian cult that's made the world so shitty by invading all indigenous land to spread evil hateful doctrine???? or she just doesnt question it or ever have to think about it like that so its just another look for her to try on? i really dont get it

im not surprised but i wish i was. wtf Lana...... she looks like someone's happily senile grandmother here.  i don't get it.  is she going crazy and having her 20007 britney phase or has she just really been super shallow the entire time? like you got Moby characterizing her as being down like, you would get guillotined, and then now shes rich and famous she's literaly just hopping into the same stupid christian cult that's made the world so shitty by invading all indigenous land to spread evil hateful doctrine???? or she just doesnt question it or ever have to think about it like that so its just another look for her to try on? i really dont get it

i hate how accurate this is

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

i was one of the few people who actually felt the guillotine comment towards moby was her being in awe of him tbh. i just did not read it as her being critical, more in a girlish "oh my god, you're THE MAN moby. you're so badass and rich they'd have killed you!"  

i mean she suggested 'music could bring people together' when she was criticised for planning to play israel and if i recall it's the third time she intended and then backed down from doing it 

her comment on trump was "she felt more unsafe walking the streets since he was elected" (or words to that effect) which... doesn't really cover how irredeemably bad he is does it lol

i.. would like to think she's just uninformed but given how many people she'll meet, her fucking job. idk i just don't buy she's not aware of the criticism of those churches from the LGBT community. i would imagine her defence would be something weak like "well we all have different beliefs. i believe in expression but i'm all about love, i think we can all learn from each other" or some vague noncommittal hippie shit that absolves her of responsibility

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

I usually associate "mass" solely with Catholicism, so I had assumed she was at a different church. But I don't see Catholics being cool with people showing up to mass dressed like that.

Less the poor fashion, and more the lack of modesty and humility.

i was one of the few people who actually felt the guillotine comment towards moby was her being in awe of him tbh. i just did not read it as her being critical, more in a girlish "oh my god, you're THE MAN moby. you're so badass and rich they'd have killed you!"  

i mean she suggested 'music could bring people together' when she was criticised for planning to play israel and if i recall it's the third time she intended and then backed down from doing it 

her comment on trump was "she felt more unsafe walking the streets since he was elected" (or words to that effect) which... doesn't really cover how irredeemably bad he is does it lol

i.. would like to think she's just uninformed but given how many people she'll meet, her fucking job. idk i just don't buy she's not aware of the criticism of those churches from the LGBT community. i would imagine her defence would be something weak like "well we all have different beliefs. i believe in expression but i'm all about love, i think we can all learn from each other" or some vague noncommittal hippie shit that absolves her of responsibility

I think, above all, Lana/Elizabeth is incredibly sheltered and naive. To the point of looking outside of her own perspective and experiences for purposes other than fantasy being totally foreign to her.

I usually associate "mass" solely with Catholicism, so I had assumed she was at a different church. But I don't see Catholics being cool with people showing up to mass dressed like that.

Less the poor fashion, and more the lack of modesty and humility.

I think, above all, Lana/Elizabeth is incredibly sheltered and naive. To the point of looking outside of her own perspective and experiences for purposes other than fantasy being totally foreign to her.

there's the potential naivety, but there's also the fact that......... this shit just doesn't affect her. it never did. she's never had to care, she's comfortably rich, she's white. she was a 'poverty tourist' at one point (i realise i'll probably get dragged for this but being kicked out of a comfortable family situation cos you're a bit wild and want to be a singer is NOT like being kicked out for being gay or trans or ending up on the streets with no other option)

naivety possibly, but that naivety also indicates a level of privilege. she's also "not concerned about losing fans" which is cool when it comes to being her own boss creatively, but eeesh how far does this go? idk 

edit: also did she not 'help out' at an addiction charity for a long time? that's great but also doesn't indicate she's totally blind to this stuff

there's the potential naivety, but there's also the fact that......... this shit just doesn't affect her. it never did. she's never had to care, she's comfortably rich, she's white. she was a 'poverty tourist' at one point (i realise i'll probably get dragged for this but being kicked out of a comfortable family situation cos you're a bit wild and want to be a singer is NOT like being kicked out for being gay or trans or ending up on the streets with no other option)

It's also not like being born into a generations-deep poverty cycle with no practical role models or hope of getting out, which is the reality of the particular kind of poverty she was cosplaying.

naivety possibly, but that naivety also indicates a level of privilege. she's also "not concerned about losing fans" which is cool when it comes to being her own boss creatively, but eeesh how far does this go? idk

edit: also did she not 'help out' at an addiction charity for a long time? that's great but also doesn't indicate she's totally blind to this stuff

Oh no, I definitely include privilege in that naivete. I try not to assume an intentional ignorance and concious apathy... but I guess it'd almost be meaner to imply that she's not that deep of a thinker.

But I've known people who've done outreach things, usually through religious avenues, and while you'd think those experiences would widen their perspectives, a lot of these people somehow manage to keep those same blinders on the whole time they're there and after they're done. My feeling with these things (and especially so with mission trips to impoverished places) is that they're more for the people doing the helping than the people being helped. Like there's a strong paternalistic attitude that keeps them from looking at marginalized populations on a deeper level.

Edit: Fuck, absolutely botched the quote splitting - bear with me everyone!

Edit 2: fixed it

But I've known people who've done outreach things, usually through religious avenues, and while you'd think those experiences would widen their perspectives, a lot of these people somehow manage to keep those same blinders on the whole time they're there and after they're done. My feeling with these things (and especially so with mission trips to impoverished places) is that they're more for the people doing the helping than the people being helped. Like there's a strong paternalistic attitude that keeps them from looking at marginalized populations on a deeper level.

really good points here i think. 

obv i know she was a teen addict but i'm guessing the circumstances that resulted in that were quite different from some of the reasons substance abuse affects others (i'm getting this in before someone says "she was an alcoholic!!!!!" no one's saying she hasn't had hardship, karen lol)

Did she actually get her injections again? I can't tell if her appearance is just the lighting/bad picture/hair color change.

I don't know ... she's got her hair pulled back tightly so I'm thinking that makes her face appear bigger, but it could also be fillers.

Also unsure about the hair ... it definitely looks very dark here, but it could just be the lighting.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I mean at least she looks happy af and that's all that matters to me :heart:

Sis she looks dead inside

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

u guys are making me laugh so hard reading ur comments... poor lana ahdhdjdnnf

tenor.gif

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

she drives like caitlyn too.

:rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip:

8LQ1.gif

giphy.gif

I'm nobody to talk shit about another person's looks given that I'm hideous, however I'm not a public figure. I can walk around the planet being my hideous self without a problem. Lana is a public figure. With that said she looks awful in these new photos. 

I can't believe she already went back to that ugly black hair color! How is it that she changes her hair color as much as she does and hasn't gone bald? To go from black to auburn like she's done a few times requires bleach. Why did she bother dyeing her hair light a few days ago if she was going to go back to this horrible dark hair color. Either no one who really loves her is around or she is stubborn but she has to see in the mirror how ugly that dark hair color makes her look. Not only does it age her drastically but makes her face look bloated. She looks like she's in her mid 40's in these pictures. 

To go from this

JeovjVh1In4.jpg

To this

T4IoaazaL9I.jpg

giphy.gif

This is just me bitching about how she looks. 

Don't get me started with her attending a church that's anti fucking gay. 

giphy.gif