Lana Del Rey

Caroline Polachek

OK, you guys have got me wondering about this singer. I´ve been listening to a few tracks and I am still a bit not sure.

I´m not 100% impressed yet.

Her voice is pretty , sounds almost a little like Christina Perri, but uses a little bit too much autotune, too much distortion going on there.

If you got a pretty voice, do not kill it off with too much special effects. The song melodies are catchy but the lyrics need improvements.

I also looked at that Jimmy Kimmel Live show.... and.... and I am still a bit not sure.

In the live performance she hit that red button on  the rock to make her voice distorted

and sounding almost like what Imogen Heap does in some of her songs. But Imogen has got a totally diferent style of music, she also

went with voice distortion on her song Hide and Seek.

Personally, I am going to wait and see what comes in the future with this singer. 

-

OK, you guys have got me wondering about this singer. I´ve been listening to a few tracks and I am still a bit not sure.

I´m not 100% impressed yet.

Her voice is pretty , sounds almost a little like Christina Perri, but uses a little bit too much autotune, too much distortion going on there.

If you got a pretty voice, do not kill it off with too much special effects. The song melodies are catchy but the lyrics need improvements.

I also looked at that Jimmy Kimmel Live show.... and.... and I am still a bit not sure.

In the live performance she hit that red button on  the rock to make her voice distorted

and sounding almost like what Imogen Heap does in some of her songs. But Imogen has got a totally diferent style of music, she also

went with voice distortion on her song Hide and Seek.

Personally, I am going to wait and see what comes in the future with this singer. 

I wouldnt be too sure about the whole distortion autotune stuff. There sure is a fair amount but she literally sounds like autotune live sometimes

Like here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4orAZdD0yQ or here when she does the distortion part live without effects https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9WCSUss8oY

Yeah the auto tune is clearly just musical choice. The bitch can sing. She’s proven that time and time again in her chairlift days. Watch any live performance of “ghost tonight”

I Really  like Her Song    " Door Girl"  by Caroline  Polacheck. 

this post is all ive been able to think about for the past two days like it really unlocked an unused part of my brain

:bitchfight:

So. let. me. just. gush. 

holy shit. 
she was AMAZING. I- there were moments where it felt like heaven n she was part of the angel's choir. ohmygod. I'll never forget yesterday. Thank you Ms Polachek

edit: not done. 

the effects. 
the simplicity. 

Surprised at how I immediately loved Hey Big Eyes, New Normal, Go As A Dream. Parachute?? Wowowow 

Door tho. that track. Floored. 

UV/Honeymoon