Lana Del Rey

Caroline Polachek

Did anyone else notice the “Vesuvius” sticker on the cover?

Mount Vesuvius was regarded by the Greeks and Romans as being sacred to the hero and demigod Hercules/Heracles, and the town of Herculaneum, built at its base, was named after him. The mountain is also named after Hercules in a less direct manner: he was the son of the god Zeus and Alcmene of Thebes.

She portrayed Persephone in the “So Hot You’re Hurting My Feelings” video and she also portrays her on the Billions cover, as the cornucopia she is holding is both a symbol of wealth and Hades himself. 
I truly love all the very detailed references to greek mythology especially during this era. I’m such a geek for that shit and it’s making me scream internally.

6 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

Did anyone else notice the “Vesuvius” sticker on the cover?

She portrayed Persephone in the “So Hot You’re Hurting My Feelings” video and she also portrays her on the Billions cover, as the cornucopia she is holding is both a symbol of wealth and Hades himself. 
I truly love all the very detailed references to greek mythology especially during this era. I’m such a geek for that shit and it’s making me scream internally.

I think she's portraying Dionysus on Billions, tho.

2 hours ago, glitch diva said:

I think she's portraying Dionysus on Billions, tho.

Not exactly Dionysus himself but she is referencing his cult, yes. I was talking about the single cover though. She's holding cornucopia which is mostly linked to Hades/Pluto but also Demeter (Persephone’s mother) who was the goddess of harvest.

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i swear she tweeted something similar to this after the Pang track list leaked and the track list that leaked was 100% correct 😭

im assuming this means that the Grimes x pinkpantheress collab isn’t on it though :( damn

The leaked tracklist had 13 tracks while the one on Apple Music has 12, I'm guessing she scrapped Dang