Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

I hope they go the FIILY route with lots of synths  :defeated:

was just thinking this! a full synth record from lana could be fantastic if done well (emphasis on the done well)

it's just the way i feel

Well obviously, but sadly that's out of the equation  :noparty:

That's too bad, KP actually got that fire in him.  :crossed:

An actual L E G E N D. Plus, he produced Lana's best song: Ride. Imagine an entire album with the quality of Ride.  :flutter:

That is correct !

He produced the sound for "Ride" (Paradise 2012) and also "Doin' Time" (Norman Fucking Rockwell! 2019)

The sound is really extraordinairy.

The listener can hear all the instruments just right, everything is in its proper space and time.

Some producers volume-UP the bass or drums in hopes of getting a more Hit recording with the crowd, but sometimes

the sound quality gets all muffled up.....  like what a muffler does in your car, it muffles up the sound. Just a bunch of noise.

As for Rick Rubin, he works in the same style as the great Quincy Jones. Jones is known as a band leader and jazz musician

from way back in the 1950s , but later got into producing records. He is best known for producing Michael Jackson´s "Thriller" record.

What you hear on that recording is pure audio candy. No matter what you  use to play that record, weather it be a car radio, or a walkman,

the listener can hear all the instruments in pristine sound. He was the one that told Michael to SHUT UP, you sing and let me

do you a proper record that will sound its best.  Thriller would become the biggest record ever.

The same thing happens when you work with RickRuben. The sound comes out perfect.

Lana should have worked with him on an entire record and not just a few songs.....Unless Rick is charging a Million Dollars a song these days (!?!?!)

which I don´t think he is.   I always took him for a very modest guy and also a bit strange.

For a Rock lover he could jam out a pretty cool Hip-Hop beat ! LMAO  Back in the 1980s you were either a rock lover or a Hip-Hop-Rap lover.

If you were in between musical styles, then everyone looked at you strange. I guess people also looked at me strange because I used to mix

Rock-N-Roll with Hip-Hop !  :D  "WALK THIS WAY"

-

yeah full on synth would be gorgeous. kinda iamamiwhoami

i think lana and arca could make an astonishing, dark ambient album...

Y'all remember in between HM and LFL when sis said she had another upbeat jazzy New York album in her? Baby I want it, I want it.

i don't mean to be that bitch but pretty sure lana doesn't actually know what jazz is  :hooker:

yeah full on synth would be gorgeous. kinda iamamiwhoami

i think lana and arca could make an astonishing, dark ambient album...

just the thought of it gives me dslkjfpldsdspl]vksdlvdksl´v]sl  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :deadbanana:  :toofunny:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

just the thought of it gives me dslkjfpldsdspl]vksdlvdksl´v]sl  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :deadbanana:  :toofunny:

i think it would be her real water/ocean album. with each album it seems like she's getting further from land, and on NFR she's finally on a boat so i hope this mad idea actually turns real :rip:

i don't mean to be that bitch but pretty sure lana doesn't actually know what jazz is  :hooker:

How she described Honeymoon being jazzy, but like besides super subdued and light saxophone in Terrence Loves You & Art Deco that hardly counted as jazz. :rip:

No disrespect, because Honeymoon is a masterpiece, but the way she describes her album prior to their release always makes me laugh after you hear the actual album. Can't wait for Lana to start running her mouth about White Hot Forever/LP7:creep:

How she described Honeymoon being jazzy, but like besides super subdued and light saxophone in Terrence Loves You & Art Deco that hardly counted as jazz. :rip:

No disrespect, because Honeymoon is a masterpiece, but the way she describes her album prior to their release always makes me laugh after you hear the actual album. Can't wait for Lana to start running her mouth about White Hot Forever/LP7:creep:

LMAO remember when she used the word "trap" to describe Honeymoon? 

i think it would be her real water/ocean album. with each album it seems like she's getting further from land, and on NFR she's finally on a boat so i hope this mad idea actually turns real :rip:

Literally Lana's Ninth Wave  :hooker: A CLASSIC!

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

LMAO remember when she used the word "trap" to describe Honeymoon? 

She said it had muddy trap, which it does.

I think Lana's album descriptions are right...

In other news, I can't believe I'm seeing her for the third time in two months :rip:

She said it had muddy trap, which it does.

I think Lana's album descriptions are right...

In other news, I can't believe I'm seeing her for the third time in two months :rip:

I beg to differ.

She said that on Ultraviolence we would hear the grand return of the Born To Die strings, it was featured in the title track and that was it. Though I will give her credit for saying that UV would feature a lot of psychedelic rock influences and it did.

Honeymoon was supposed to sound "jazzy" it was hardly jazzy, some light jazz influences on a few songs and that was it, the rest of the album was this mix between classical/cinematic instrumentation and "muddy" trap beats as she described.

Then came LFL, with its alleged "doo wop"/60s pop à la Shangri Las vibe, which was only present on the title track and Get Free. I can't really put my finger on the vibe she tried to go for for the rest of the album, as it's too all over the place. But for the most part it was heavily trap beats influenced.

Now with NFR, we were supposed to get some sort of desert rock vibe meet Red Hot Chilly Peppers... it's a folk/wannabe prog rock album with piano ballads...

Like I said, I'm eager for Lana to describe the sound of the next record, because I know for fact it won't be accurate.