Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

after the really uneven LFL, and the snoozefest that was NFR, my fandom is hanging on by a thread.  Really hoping WHF is good.  I don't wanna give up my stan card, so I'm trying to stay cautiously optimistic about what's coming next.

26vMNDz.gif

Just posted this thought in another thread, but Lana will be sitting right across the alley from Dan Auerbach at the Grammys.. Maybe they'll chat and decide to collaborate again...

NFR & UV were both incredible and unique albums, imagine an album with a bit of both! I could see both of the producer's styles meshing quite well together to create something really special. A fusion of a kind..

California meets Cruel World? Cinnamon Girl meets Sad Girl? The Greatest meets Pretty When You Cry? Whew the potential.. x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I beg to differ.

She said that on Ultraviolence we would hear the grand return of the Born To Die strings, it was featured in the title track and that was it. Though I will give her credit for saying that UV would feature a lot of psychedelic rock influences and it did.

Honeymoon was supposed to sound "jazzy" it was hardly jazzy, some light jazz influences on a few songs and that was it, the rest of the album was this mix between classical/cinematic instrumentation and "muddy" trap beats as she described.

Then came LFL, with its alleged "doo wop"/60s pop à la Shangri Las vibe, which was only present on the title track and Get Free. I can't really put my finger on the vibe she tried to go for for the rest of the album, as it's too all over the place. But for the most part it was heavily trap beats influenced.

Now with NFR, we were supposed to get some sort of desert rock vibe meet Red Hot Chilly Peppers... it's a folk album with piano ballads...

Like I said, I'm eager for Lana to describe the sound of the next record, because I know for fact it won't be accurate.

Lol true. however I always thought Honeymoon was kinda mostly leaning on an Electronic Album

Just posted this thought in another thread, but Lana will be sitting right across the alley from Dan Auerbach at the Grammys.. Maybe they'll chat and decide to collaborate again...

NFR & UV were both incredible and unique albums, imagine an album with a bit of both! I could see both of the producer's styles meshing quite well together to create something really special. A fusion of a kind..

California meets Cruel World? Cinnamon Girl meets Sad Girl? The Greatest meets Pretty When You Cry? Whew the potential.. x

http://instagram.com/p/B7strlRnN9d/

Don't give me illusions...

giphy.gif

after the really uneven LFL, and the snoozefest that was NFR, my fandom is hanging on by a thread. Really hoping WHF is good. I don't wanna give up my stan card, so I'm trying to stay cautiously optimistic about what's coming next.

FULL AGREE. I feel that, after 7 years, my major LDR phase is a thing of the past, killed off largely by NFR, not LFL.

I feel that, after 7 years, my major LDR phase is a thing of the past, killed off largely by NFR, not LFL.

I feel that Lana herself ended up moving me away from her art more than the very quality (or not) of her music. When I admire a person, I admire them completely. I still can't do that dissociation... And that's bad!

Something has been lost to me since 2016/2017... And I really want to recover.

giphy.gif

FULL AGREE. I feel that, after 7 years, my major LDR phase is a thing of the past, killed off largely by NFR, not LFL.

u sure it wasn't killed off by her abnormally low ears that'll prevent her from ever being truly beautiful?

qfrWuBl.png

I wish Lana could implement some harp in this record. It would be SO BEAUTIFUL 

THAT would be something special to hear. I also agree.

I remember along time ago when  the singer BJORK decided to include an harp into her music. Most of the fans

went crazy saying that it would NEVER work and that it would sound really bad.

But when they heard the final song with the harp, it was like a heavenly melody. Everyone loved it. She later would also

use that instrument in her Live performances.

So yeah, Lana should use more Harp and also include more violins too. Go full symphonic on some songs!

Get that Beethoven and Mozart sound blasting outta of the speakers - FULL VOLUME Nº 11 !  :D  

I love to scare my neighboors with Mozart´s The Magic Flute - "Queen of the Night" aria at 03:00 !

-

speaking of harps, i want some witch/horror vibes from the next album, something like this 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8qXvnhfp4E

it'll be everything lfl tried to be  

Oh WOW ! Honeymoon – Lana Del Rey Piano Cover (Horror Version)

THAT Is just BEAUTIFUL.  :gclap:    Love it to death. I am adding that song to my Lana-Collection.

What a cool cover sound. I also agree Lana should try that type of melody on one of her songs.

-

u sure it wasn't killed off by her abnormally low ears that'll prevent her from ever being truly beautiful?

Remain as ignorant as you want to be and proclaim it for all to see. That’s your choice.

post-26321-0-54616700-1579892875_thumb.jpeg

after the really uneven LFL, and the snoozefest that was NFR, my fandom is hanging on by a thread.  Really hoping WHF is good.  I don't wanna give up my stan card, so I'm trying to stay cautiously optimistic about what's coming next.

ah man too bad you didn’t enjoy it. I can understand how it could get a lil boring.....but it’s still phenomenal (and I don’t say that just bcus I enjoy it even if I didn’t I still think it was her best).

I feel that Lana herself ended up moving me away from her art more than the very quality (or not) of her music. When I admire a person, I admire them completely. I still can't do that dissociation... And that's bad!

Something has been lost to me since 2016/2017... And I really want to recover.

I also agree with that, though for me it was her music—NFR specifically—AND the definite changes in her public persona and presentation of herself.

I never said “her ears were too low for her to ever be beautiful.” I commented that she didn’t look very attractive with her hair pulled back because her ears are both large and set low on her head. According to the artistic/mathematical beauty-and-proportion principle of the Golden Ratio, which has been around since the Renaissance, the top of a person’s ear—where it meets the head—should align exactly with the middle of the eye.

That’s all I pointed out, that her ears look large and low when her hair is pulled back, and thus she looks awkward, because the placement of her ears violates the Golden Ratio. That doesn’t mean she’s not beautiful or not beautiful in other ways, or every other way.

But a couple of people who attack everyone on principle and enjoy being ignorant of course attacked me even though I provided links to pages about the GR, its history and continued use today.

I also agree with that, though for me it was her music—NFR specifically—AND the definite changes in her public persona and presentation of herself.

I never said “her ears were too low for her to ever be beautiful.” I commented that she didn’t look very attractive with her hair pulled back because her ears are both large and set low on her head. According to the artistic/mathematical beauty-and-proportion principle of the Golden Ratio, which has been around since the Renaissance, the top of a person’s ear—where it meets the head—should align exactly with the middle of the eye.

That’s all I pointed out, that her ears look large and low when her hair is pulled back, and thus she looks awkward, because the placement of her ears violates the Golden Ratio. That doesn’t mean she’s not beautiful or not beautiful in other ways, or every other way.

But a couple of people who attack everyone on principle and enjoy being ignorant of course attacked me even though I provided links to pages about the GR, its history and continued use today.

do u genuinely believe you’re making several points while typing? like, is it worms? is it worms in the brain?

qfrWuBl.png