Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

Could y'all imagine a Lana at the Orchestra! record I'd probably die of excitement. Alternatively, if she insists on further collaboration I wouldn't mind a Bleachers-esque production paired with more Lizzy Grant americana / rockability sound

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

I never said “her ears were too low for her to ever be beautiful.” I commented that she didn’t look very attractive with her hair pulled back because her ears are both large and set low on her head. According to the artistic/mathematical beauty-and-proportion principle of the Golden Ratio, which has been around since the Renaissance, the top of a person’s ear—where it meets the head—should align exactly with the middle of the eye.

That’s all I pointed out, that her ears look large and low when her hair is pulled back, and thus she looks awkward, because the placement of her ears violates the Golden Ratio. That doesn’t mean she’s not beautiful or not beautiful in other ways, or every other way.

Hey man... I understand what you mean.

But I think that the "classic model" of beauty (with ideal symmetry, Vitruvian pattern) does not apply to "real women".

Just as I think women shouldn't follow "pre-established beauty standards" to be perfect.

But it's just this guy's opinion here...

Lana is beautiful as she is! :)

giphy.gif

But I think that the "classic model" of beauty (with ideal symmetry, Vitruvian pattern) does not apply to "real women".

Just as I think women shouldn't follow "pre-established beauty standards" to be perfect.

But that's just my opinion...

Lana is beautiful as she is. :D

Completely off topic but I saw your avatar and thought it was Renata Bliss :toofunny:

maxresdefault.jpg

I also agree with that, though for me it was her music—NFR specifically—AND the definite changes in her public persona and presentation of herself.

I never said “her ears were too low for her to ever be beautiful.” I commented that she didn’t look very attractive with her hair pulled back because her ears are both large and set low on her head. According to the artistic/mathematical beauty-and-proportion principle of the Golden Ratio, which has been around since the Renaissance, the top of a person’s ear—where it meets the head—should align exactly with the middle of the eye.

That’s all I pointed out, that her ears look large and low when her hair is pulled back, and thus she looks awkward, because the placement of her ears violates the Golden Ratio. That doesn’t mean she’s not beautiful or not beautiful in other ways, or every other way.

But a couple of people who attack everyone on principle and enjoy being ignorant of course attacked me even though I provided links to pages about the GR, its history and continued use today.

“Additionally, her ears are also too low on her head for ‘classic beauty’”

7-F2799-FD-4-D65-40-FE-A9-CE-9-DD420-D4-

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Who?

My freestyle dance teacher

https://youtu.be/ZkNMZlkrzaU

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

tbh I didn't really mind the title until last night someone wanted to trade saved urls with me on tumblr and I asked if they had any lana urls and they said whitehotfevers, which is literally disgusting and I think they genuinely thot that's what the album was called so now i'm worried 

UbsOye5.png

The Golden Ratio doesn’t only apply to women. It applies to humans, period. It is a beauty-and-proportion formula supported by mathematics and created/rediscovered by Renaissance painters and mathematicians of genius (though many an ancient Greek sculpture knew of it as well). It is not intended to be personal in any manner or insulting to anyone. The ‘perfectly’ proportioned human physique utilizes the same formula, but applied to the human body.

So this is not a slag or attack on LDR, nor did I apply the GR to anything but her ears and their placement on her head.

Completely off topic but I saw your avatar and thought it was Renata Bliss :toofunny:

maxresdefault.jpg

“Additionally, her ears are also too low on her head for ‘classic beauty’”

7-F2799-FD-4-D65-40-FE-A9-CE-9-DD420-D4-

And I stand by that if you apply the GR to her entire head and face. But I was only applying it to her ears and their placement on her head. In the Hollywood of the 30s and 40s, the filmmakers, artisans and studio heads would have made sure that she was never filmed with her hair up for that reason, unless her ears were somehow disguised or obscured by a hat or something else. Just as Hollywood artisans cleverly disguised the perceived imperfections of both their male and female stars, whether it was shortness of height, short legs, a long neck, narrow face, stubby arms or whatever.

Also, interestingly enough, naturally having the GR standard/symmetry in the face doesn’t guarantee what today we think of as beauty, the greatest example being the Mona Lisa. Is she beautiful by today’s standards? No. But her face has a strange cryptic power, and as it turns out, the source of that power IS the GR.

The Golden Ratio doesn’t only apply to women. It applies to humans, period. It is a beauty-and-proportion formula supported by mathematics and created by Renaissance painters and mathematicians of genius (though many an ancient Greek sculpture knew of it as well). It is not intended to be personal in any manner or insulting to anyone. The ‘perfectly’ proportioned human physique utilizes the same formula, but applied to the human body.

So this is not a slag or attack on LDR, nor did I apply the GR to anything but her ears and their placement on her head.

I don't think you understood what I was saying... But It's ok! I understood what you said.

I don't really care if she has tall or low ears, if her ears are crooked, if she doesn't have ears... lol

Let's forget her ears. Let's talk about her legs! :P

giphy.gif

I don't think you understood what I was saying... But It's ok! I understood what you said.

I don't really care if she has tall or low ears, if her ears are crooked, if she doesn't have ears... lol

Let's forget her ears. Let's talk about her legs! :P

Let’s not. There will just be more attacks. Only certain people are allowed to make analytical remarks about LDR.

Sorry if I misunderstood you.

Here’s a brief Youtube video explaining the GR:

https://youtu.be/6nSfJEDZ_WM

Even Oprah, for God’s sake, has a vastly abbreviated article about the GR on her site. But Oprah is a misanthrope, bigot and misogynist, right?

https://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/measuring-facial-perfection-the-golden-ratio

Just posted this thought in another thread, but Lana will be sitting right across the alley from Dan Auerbach at the Grammys.. Maybe they'll chat and decide to collaborate again...

NFR & UV were both incredible and unique albums, imagine an album with a bit of both! I could see both of the producer's styles meshing quite well together to create something really special. A fusion of a kind..

California meets Cruel World? Cinnamon Girl meets Sad Girl? The Greatest meets Pretty When You Cry? Whew the potential.. x

http://instagram.com/p/B7strlRnN9d/

I'm a firm believer in "everything happens for a reason", sometimes life sends you messages too strong to ignore.

in all fairness vertimus never said he agreed with the statement that lana was ugly so no need to attack him personally, he was just pointing out a historical beauty standard fact, and i agree she doesnt look attractive with her hair pulled back, not many people do

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

in all fairness vertimus never said he agreed with the statement that lana was ugly so no need to attack him personally, he was just pointing out a historical beauty standard fact, and i agree she doesnt look attractive with her hair pulled back, not many people do

I agree... Except for the highlighted part.

Because I find her neck attractive, with those little spots... (Peculiar tastes! lol)

giphy.gif