Elle

Lana at Overland Sheepskin Co. in Omaha, NE - November 13, 2019

I'm not surprised she's interested in leather jackets (it's not the first one she's worn) but yikes, I really hope she didn't buy that teddy bear. It feels like it's an overly luxurious toy for rich kids in the 1800's or something, there's no need to make teddy bears from real fur in these times. A teddy in simple fabric of fake fur fabric would be much nicer.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I’m currently on hiatus BC my dog died but this just made me pure fucking angry...

Like bitch you’re as shallow as a puddle. The Lana I stanned died soon after UV dropped and I’m only here for the music now BC this action/photo finalises something I’ve been feeling about her for a long time - she’s a god awful human being.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Why do people really think this though. If we were outlawing things based on helping the environment surely using animal products would be a good thing, there is no downside to it - it already exists and you barely have to do anything to it to turn it to clothes you don't even need machinery if you don't want. Faux fur is much worse than real fur, it's plastic and causes severe pollution to make and then disgard of - it makes no sense to me how the bad thing is seen as good and the good thing is seen as bad here.

Bro .... what? This is an incredibly ignorant and disturbing post, and tbh I don't even know where to start. 

You seem to be of the opinion that murdering animals for food is necessary, and it fucking isn't. "There is no downside to it". What the fuck? Aside from the obvious downside that BILLIONS of innocent creatures lose their lives, animal agriculture is THE biggest contributor to climate change. 

I'm sorry, but you need to go away and educate yourself. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

So what's this phase called?

"Fuck The Environment - And All The Beautiful Creatures In It"?

i mean, basically? the fact that she's fucking a cop should've been the only clue we needed. if in this ~blue lives matter~ day and age she doesn't care about what being a cop means, i'm not holding my breath for the strength of her other moral convictions tbh.

Why do people really think this though. If we were outlawing things based on helping the environment surely using animal products would be a good thing, there is no downside to it - it already exists and you barely have to do anything to it to turn it to clothes you don't even need machinery if you don't want. Faux fur is much worse than real fur, it's plastic and causes severe pollution to make and then disgard of - it makes no sense to me how the bad thing is seen as good and the good thing is seen as bad here.

what, and i can't stress this enough, the fuck.

animal products don't ~already exist~, there's a whole industry associated with them and new products are made every single day because there's a market for them. the environmental implications are huge, from the massive carbon footprint of animal farming to destroying ecosystems hunting endangered animals for their furs. and that's leaving aside how these animals are treated/killed/disposed of, basic empathy-wise.

the issue with clothing & pollution/environmental impact goes a lot deeper than just "but fur is natural and faux fur is plastic!!". that's a cop-out that conveniently disregards all the other issues related with fast fashion in general. is it better to buy a real second hand fur coat or a cheap mass produced one that comes from a sweat shop in bangladesh? similarly, is it better to buy a good quality faux fur coat that will last you 20 years or a real one that directly contributes to an unethical, cruel & polluting industry? and do you even really need a fur coat at all, faux or otherwise? personally, i wouldn't wear fur at all out of personal conviction, second hand or not, but those are the types of questions that need to be asked.

I find it odd that people say they miss the old her, when to me (meaning, correct me if she ever said she was vegan or something) we don't really know that much about her personal values. It seems only within the past few years that she's started to share things about her friendships and everyday activities, whether on Instagram, interviews, or accidentally through being photographed around town. I feel like the problems people are having are not because she's changed all that much, but because we just happen to know more about her mundane values and life.  

Either way, I find this interesting being that Chuck seems to be very progressive in terms of food and the environment.  

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

also on the topic of plastic microfibers being released when you wash your clothes, there are filters for your laundry machine that will collect them and prevent them from being spread! i’m on mobile so i can’t embed the links and make it look nice so here are ugly links:

https://www.girlfriend.com/collections/sustainability/products/water-filter <also very good brand, not very accessible due to price but if you can afford it, shop there instead of wherever else you get your gym clothes!

https://guppyfriend.com/en/ < or a bag that you can put your clothes in, and then throw in the washing machine. great for if you don’t have a laundry machine of your own and use ones in your building/laundromat etc (and travel!)

UbsOye5.png

what, and i can't stress this enough, the fuck.

animal products don't ~already exist~, there's a whole industry associated with them and new products are made every single day because there's a market for them. the environmental implications are huge, from the massive carbon footprint of animal farming to destroying ecosystems hunting endangered animals for their furs. and that's leaving aside how these animals are treated/killed/disposed of, basic empathy-wise.

the issue with clothing & pollution/environmental impact goes a lot deeper than just "but fur is natural and faux fur is plastic!!". that's a cop-out that conveniently disregards all the other issues related with fast fashion in general. is it better to buy a real second hand fur coat or a cheap mass produced one that comes from a sweat shop in bangladesh? similarly, is it better to buy a good quality faux fur coat that will last you 20 years or a real one that directly contributes to an unethical, cruel & polluting industry? and do you even really need a fur coat at all, faux or otherwise? personally, i wouldn't wear fur at all out of personal conviction, second hand or not, but those are the types of questions that need to be asked.

I did mention after that I am against farming just for fur/skin, they should only use whats available and left over from animals that are ate. I just think if the governments came out and said plastic in clothing was to be outlawed and made illegal it would be a good thing however if they came out and said fur it wouldn't make sense to me since it is a natural material not doing any harm. It would need to be done right like no farming just for the fur or skin, plastic clothing can just never be done right it's always causing damage to me anyway.

Bro .... what? This is an incredibly ignorant and disturbing post, and tbh I don't even know where to start. 

You seem to be of the opinion that murdering animals for food is necessary, and it fucking isn't. "There is no downside to it". What the fuck? Aside from the obvious downside that BILLIONS of innocent creatures lose their lives, animal agriculture is THE biggest contributor to climate change. 

I'm sorry, but you need to go away and educate yourself. 

I do eat meat and I don't have a problem with it, I feel thats what we are mainly supposed to eat and probably what we evolved eating. Most grain etc we eat now has only been farmed for thousands of years at most and things like fruit and vegetables were seasonal things people probably only ate now and again where as meat was always available and probably the main food people ate.

I don't think everyone could not eat meat even if they did billions of animals would still die, think of all the extra land needed for faming pushing animals out of place closer to cities and towns were they will be hit by cars and trains then all the rabbits, squirrels, moles, mice, rats, birds, foxes, hedgehogs etc that are squashed up in farming machinery every day if everyone was vegan it would be like 25x more.

I don't think everyone could not eat meat even if they did billions of animals would still die, think of all the extra land needed for faming pushing animals out of place closer to cities and towns were they will be hit by cars and trains then all the rabbits, squirrels, moles, mice, rats, birds, foxes, hedgehogs etc that are squashed up in farming machinery every day if everyone was vegan it would be like 25x more.

I have no words, just

:wtfney:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I really hate everything about this... I won't comment on the leather jacket as I have not done any research on the industry and I don't want to sound ignorant, but what's pissing me the fuck off the most is that teddy bear. Like????? Did she really need that? Did she!? There are no words

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

Welp... she's wearing the jacket she bought on stage live right now in Kansas City x

49067482951_bd7a9c8e00_b.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I find it odd that people say they miss the old her, when to me (meaning, correct me if she ever said she was vegan or something) we don't really know that much about her personal values. It seems only within the past few years that she's started to share things about her friendships and everyday activities, whether on Instagram, interviews, or accidentally through being photographed around town. I feel like the problems people are having are not because she's changed all that much, but because we just happen to know more about her mundane values and life.  

Either way, I find this interesting being that Chuck seems to be very progressive in terms of food and the environment.

You do have a point. When I made my post about her changing, I should have wrote "from a fan perspective" because all of the info we have about her personal life is limited... but it still does feel like a slightly jarring change though.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.