Jump to content
electra

Lana to Release Homemade Music Video for "Let Me Love You Like a Woman" - OUT NOW: October 16th, 2020

Recommended Posts

At the end of the video Weyes Blood says a really simple thing about just living life and I think that was left in because it really sums up the song. I think she’s talking about how LA has served her well but she’s not in a place where she feels like the city is necessarily what grounds her - it’s the people there and that’s why this record is about her friends and family and why she feels like she can leave LA  - but she knows that it’s the people who she loves who make life fun and livable. I think it’s beautiful that this song came first and it makes sense that it’s the first single. I’m definitely hoping it’s track 1! <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

At the end of the video Weyes Blood says a really simple thing about just living life and I think that was left in because it really sums up the song. I think she’s talking about how LA has served her well but she’s not in a place where she feels like the city is necessarily what grounds her - it’s the people there and that’s why this record is about her friends and family and why she feels like she can leave LA  - but she knows that it’s the people who she loves are what make life fun and livable. I think it’s beautiful that this song came first and it makes sense that it’s the first single. I’m definitely hoping it’s track 1! <3

 

Agree with everything! Except I'm getting more of a track 3 or 4 vibe for whatever reason.


You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doll Harlow said:

 

Agree with everything! Except I'm getting more of a track 3 or 4 vibe for whatever reason.

I could see that too! This song really feels like an extension of MAC which was track 2 on NFR, so I feel like this song is definitely somewhere at the beginning of the record where we’re still getting introduced to its narrative <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like homemade videos, but this felt very limited. Previous homemade vids had concepts/stories behind them and the ones that didn't had planned out shots or looks. She previously used much more camera techniques, even things as basic as zoom, tilt or close ups. Consider the unreleased Honeymoon video, nothing much happens in terms of plot, but it's so visually captivating because of the way she filmed it. This really felt like cobbled together footage found on her phone with maybe 30~ seconds of planned footage. There's a noticeable difference between a lazy homemade vid and one that had lots of thought and effort put it into it. 


4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, YUNGATA said:

I like homemade videos, but this felt very limited. Previous homemade vids had concepts/stories behind them and the ones that didn't had planned out shots or looks. She previously used much more camera techniques, even things as basic as zoom, tilt or close ups. Consider the unreleased Honeymoon video, nothing much happens in terms of plot, but it's so visually captivating because of the way she filmed it. This really felt like cobbled together footage found on her phone with maybe 30~ seconds of planned footage. There's a noticeable difference between a lazy homemade vid and one that had lots of thought and effort put it into it. 

This! My thoughts precisely but you worded it perfectly.:smile:


5fe355eac0b664d0bc39e10665a55b42.gif

My bedroom is a sacred place now that there are cats, dogs and chickens at the end of my bed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2020 at 6:55 PM, YUNGATA said:

I like homemade videos, but this felt very limited. Previous homemade vids had concepts/stories behind them and the ones that didn't had planned out shots or looks. She previously used much more camera techniques, even things as basic as zoom, tilt or close ups. Consider the unreleased Honeymoon video, nothing much happens in terms of plot, but it's so visually captivating because of the way she filmed it. This really felt like cobbled together footage found on her phone with maybe 30~ seconds of planned footage. There's a noticeable difference between a lazy homemade vid and one that had lots of thought and effort put it into it. 

i couldn't have said it better myself.


~INSTA11.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...