Jump to content
Elle

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass Merch Drop

Recommended Posts

On 3/9/2022 at 10:51 PM, SouthInGuy said:

My French version came today to go along with the American and British English, Spanish, Swedish, and Polish versions. Please let me know if it comes out in any other translations so I can keep the collection complete! 

 

FNdVVyIXEAAjo4m?format=jpg&name=small

whats the difference between the american and british english versions?

just the u's in some words?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm confused, was there ever green cassette of this release?

 

https://store.interscope.com/products/violet-bent-backwards-over-the-grass-d2c-exclusive-cassette

 

Its sold out but I thought there was only the cream color.

Speaking of cream color that's on stock on this site. Also the picture disc.

 

https://store.interscope.com/products/violet-bent-backwards-over-the-grass-exclusive-vinyl

 

https://store.interscope.com/products/violet-bent-backwards-over-the-grass-picture-disc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2022 at 5:43 AM, TextBook said:

The Italian version will be available on June 28th! “Violet e altre poesie” (“Violet and other poems”)

 

https://www.ibs.it/violet-altre-poesie-libro-lana-del-rey/amp/9788804738244

Haven't checked this thread in a while but I just ordered this from Amazon IT to add to my collection. Thank you for posting it is available! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm collecting the different translated versions of this now

Why? :um2: Because I'm crazy

Currently have the French, Italian, and Polish ones, and just ordered the Swedish one

This is what happens when you run out of vinyl to collect but still need a high from collecting new Lana

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2023 at 9:59 PM, rosemead ramada said:

So I'm collecting the different translated versions of this now

Why? :um2: Because I'm crazy

Currently have the French, Italian, and Polish ones, and just ordered the Swedish one

This is what happens when you run out of vinyl to collect but still need a high from collecting new Lana

 

😂

 

Do they look any different inside btw? 


It was expensive watch it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Olympia said:

😂

 

Do they look any different inside btw? 

They're actually all a little different how they place the translations in the book.

The French one has the same layout as the original... photos and handwritten parts and everything, but with the translations replacing English. the original poems are all at the end of the book on plain white pages.

The Polish one puts the translation after each individual poem. Sometimes it repeats the photos, too, to mimic the English layout.

The Italian one is just the English version but with Italian translations of the poems at the end of the book.

qL7jf6p.png

VILAgP8.png

Fuim6mH.png

9uyO9tU.png

Edit: I totally forgot I was going to use my LDR selenite heart from the Forgotten Vibes box to hold the pages down to take these photos. Oh well, just pretend it's there for the aesthetic :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rosemead ramada said:

They're actually all a little different how they place the translations in the book.

The French one has the same layout as the original... photos and handwritten parts and everything, but with the translations replacing English. the original poems are all at the end of the book on plain white pages.

The Polish one puts the translation after each individual poem. Sometimes it repeats the photos, too, to mimic the English layout.

The Italian one is just the English version but with Italian translations of the poems at the end of the book.

 

Edit: I totally forgot I was going to use my LDR selenite heart from the Forgotten Vibes box to hold the pages down to take these photos. Oh well, just pretend it's there for the aesthetic :P

 

Thanks a lot for the info, that's pretty interesting! I didn't expect them to include the English version to the translated books, too. 

Btw, did you see the Chinese version already? 

 

https://www.amazon.de/Violet-Bent-Backwards-Over-Grass/dp/6263089741/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?crid=R5LES1QZAH1F&keywords=lana+del+rey+violet+bent+backwards+over+the+grass&qid=1692742776&sprefix=Lana+Del+Rey+violet%2Caps%2C158&sr=8-7 


It was expensive watch it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Olympia said:

 

Thanks a lot for the info, that's pretty interesting! I didn't expect them to include the English version to the translated books, too. 

Btw, did you see the Chinese version already? 

 

https://www.amazon.de/Violet-Bent-Backwards-Over-Grass/dp/6263089741/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?crid=R5LES1QZAH1F&keywords=lana+del+rey+violet+bent+backwards+over+the+grass&qid=1692742776&sprefix=Lana+Del+Rey+violet%2Caps%2C158&sr=8-7 

I can't find the Chinese version anywhere except on Amazon where people want $110+ for it. If it were like $20 I'd buy it, but no way for $100. I couldn't even read it!

I think I'll get the Spanish one next and then that will be enough. There's a Hungarian one too but it's not a language that interests me. I wouldn't even recognize spoken or written Hungarian.

There's also supposedly a Mongolian translation which is the most random thing ever... but I can't find it for sale and I doubt it would be a reasonable price if I did find it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2023 at 6:19 PM, Olympia said:

 

Thanks a lot for the info, that's pretty interesting! I didn't expect them to include the English version to the translated books, too. 

Btw, did you see the Chinese version already? 

 

https://www.amazon.de/Violet-Bent-Backwards-Over-Grass/dp/6263089741/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?crid=R5LES1QZAH1F&keywords=lana+del+rey+violet+bent+backwards+over+the+grass&qid=1692742776&sprefix=Lana+Del+Rey+violet%2Caps%2C158&sr=8-7 

Oh wow. I'm gonna need that Chinese version! Any clues where to get the Hungarian?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SouthInGuy said:

That puts me at 8 copies. American and British English, Spanish, Polish, Swedish, French, Italian, and Chinese. I'm ready for more translations! Thanks to everyone that helped me acquire these.

 

 

F58atHUWgAAqGkJ?format=jpg&name=small

F58atHVWcAAXAq5?format=jpg&name=small

There is also a Mongolian one with alternate artwork - no idea where to get it tho. It's possible you could get it through a Russian or Chinese site


ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SouthInGuy said:

That puts me at 8 copies. American and British English, Spanish, Polish, Swedish, French, Italian, and Chinese. I'm ready for more translations! Thanks to everyone that helped me acquire these.

 

 

F58atHUWgAAqGkJ?format=jpg&name=small

F58atHVWcAAXAq5?format=jpg&name=small

Where did you get the Swedish version? I ordered one from a bookstore in Finland almost a month ago, but it hasn't shipped and the status says they're "awaiting stock". So I doubt they are able to obtain it at this point. None of the Swedish bookstores ship to the US. Not sure what they have against the US, they all ship to Canada :crai:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, That Venice Bitch said:

There is also a Mongolian one with alternate artwork - no idea where to get it tho. It's possible you could get it through a Russian or Chinese site

I'm surprised there aren't Portuguese, German, or Russian versions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SouthInGuy said:

That puts me at 8 copies. American and British English, Spanish, Polish, Swedish, French, Italian, and Chinese. I'm ready for more translations! Thanks to everyone that helped me acquire these.

 

 

F58atHUWgAAqGkJ?format=jpg&name=small

F58atHVWcAAXAq5?format=jpg&name=small

https://www.labirint.ru/books/843124/ here is russian versia


giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lanaismamom said:

https://www.labirint.ru/books/843124/ here is russian versia

omg when did they publish a Russian version!??! thank you, I just ordered a copy! (not from the link you sent, I couldn't get it to confirm my phone number to make an account but I found a Russian book importer in Canada.... thank god I actually know a little Russian bc the site was in Russian even though it's Toronto-based.... I ordered it from troykaonline.com)

I wonder if there are other versions that we don't know about. Lanapedia doesn't even mention a Russian edition, it must've been published recently

Found this on youtube:

 

Edited by rosemead ramada

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...