princessdollie

Ethel Cain

2 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Idk if we can ask but does anyone have her cover of Tammy Faye??? I have heard it before forever ago but I can’t find it now😭

She covered that song ??? Omg that's my fav nicole song where IS ITTTT

3 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

She covered that song ??? Omg that's my fav nicole song where IS ITTTT

3 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Yessss, she has done a few covers of her songs, Tammy Faye is impossible to find tho 

DOES ANYONE HAVE IT😭

https://krakenfiles.com/view/sis3yhaZr9/file.html

either she posted it on soundcloud in 2020 or she sent it to the discord i don’t even remember 

giphy.gif

I can’t wait for my plane to land in mother’s home state tomorrow morning so I can hear this album the way it was meant to be heard: day drunk in the Florida heat

New interview with The Guardian

Some interesting tidbits

It soon began to feel as if she was “a dancing monkey in a circus. It’s very like, ‘Oh, she’s so funny on Twitter, she’s so relatable’ and then it becomes this big weird joke cycle,” she says. Although she stresses that she loves the support and adoration of her fans, she says it can become demoralising to not have her art met on the level she’d like it to be: “Don’t get me wrong, laughter and memes and jokes are always really fun. But when you want to post something to be consumed seriously, people are still joking – and then you get like, thousands of comments that are like, ‘silly goose’. All of a sudden, you start to feel like you can’t turn off the memeable internet personality thing.”

Earlier this month, she deleted her Twitter, leaving fans aghast. “I always kind of conflated openness with honesty and I thought that if I was completely transparent and bared every aspect of my soul that people would think I was relatable and kinda cool,” she says. “Then I was like, I don’t want to know you. I don’t want to be friends with you. I don’t want to have all of my personal business and every innermost thought just out there on the internet for the world to see.”

Right now, aside from an impending tour, Anhedönia is living the quiet life in Pittsburgh – “I just sit in my cave all day and write or embroider, watch a movie, play a game. My friends and I will go to the woods or a river, anywhere there’s not a lot of people” – and working on the follow-up to Preacher’s Daughter. “I’m trying to push my own envelope a bit. I’m trying to be super intentional about it and careful and dedicated and meticulous. Some of the songs I’m proudest of are on this project.”

Still, she is conscious of where her music goes, and says “no to most opportunities … I’ve been asked to share some stages with some artists, I’ve been asked to sing on some songs with some big artists, and I just had to say no, because I don’t want to be up there with them, I really don’t,” she says. “ I really do want to reiterate how grateful I am for everyone who’s ever said a nice word about my music. But I really think there can be too much of a good thing – there’s just some levels of success that I really don’t want for myself.”

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/jul/07/ethel-cain-preachers-daughter-interview

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

15 hours ago, stompinggroundstan said:

So does this mean we’re not getting the b sides next??

I think she might be referring to the B-Sides when they "follow up" because she's said previously that songs like Waco, Texas and Dust Bowl are some of her favourites so I assume they're what she's talking about. And I mean technically it is the follow-up despite being b-sides. 

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

5 hours ago, bigspender said:

20 minute waco and 14 minute dust bowl that’s like an entire EP in two songs …. she feeeeds us

dust bowl is 14 minutes WHATTT

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

I hope she doesn't change toooo much of Waco Texas instrumentally. I could listen to that reverbed guitar for the rest of my life, it's so relaxing and melancholic. And when the slow drums kick in it just makes me tear up, and the added bass when she sings "you know i'll doooo anything for youuuu" :wowcry:.. is my favourite part!! 

This song is magic because it feels so empty and lonely, ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh peak ethel cain right there. I'm so intrigued by what she's going to do with this song...

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

oh wowww i found this version of powerline valley on soundcloud, she should've put this version on the unreleased album

also does anyone have child of cain???? i need it for my library

(edit: nvm i found child of cain, wow tumblr is the best :D)

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind