princessdollie

Ethel Cain

On 2/27/2024 at 4:53 AM, Elle said:

Hey all, I just received a takedown notice for her cover of For Sure which was posted on the previous page, so please don't share links to that one and as always please be careful about posting links on the site! Xx

oh she's snooping

TAtZKW.gif

hi ethel <3

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

i listened to american teenager for the first time last night and i LOVED IT :wub: before that, i've never listened to an ethel cain song before, so it was very new to me, i also listened to crush but i wasn't into it nearly as much, but i'll definitely be exploring more of her music!

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

i listened to american teenager for the first time last night and i LOVED IT :wub: before that, i've never listened to an ethel cain song before, so it was very new to me, i also listened to crush but i wasn't into it nearly as much, but i'll definitely be exploring more of her music!

so glad that you've discovered her! you're in for a real treat. I would recommend starting with Preacher's Daughter, then getting into her other EPs. May God bless you on your journey of becoming a Daughter of Cain!:legend:

For Sure is so beautiful, oh my god

she did it again :oprah:

3 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

For Sure is so beautiful, oh my god

she did it again :oprah:

This made me think she posted it on soundcloud or something :crai:

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

1 hour ago, ethelcain said:

This made me think she posted it on soundcloud or something :crai:

I think she did right? but deleted it, there was a link a few pages ago but im not sure where it was from tbh

edit: oh nvm it was ur edit that i saved with the boosted volume, ty for doing gods work

5 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I think she did right? but deleted it, there was a link a few pages ago but im not sure where it was from tbh

edit: oh nvm it was ur edit that i saved with the boosted volume, ty for doing gods work

Noo she didn't ever post it, it's just that when it leaked it came with all the metadata from her soundcloud, but someone couldve easily edited it like that so i was just

speculating

Also np the original was really quiet

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

9 hours ago, ethelcain said:

Noo she didn't ever post it, it's just that when it leaked it came with all the metadata from her soundcloud, but someone couldve easily edited it like that so i was just

speculating

Also np the original was really quiet

ohhh i thought she dropped it, now i feel bad for listening knowing it leaked, especially if she plans on releasing it, sorry ethel

but my god its amazing :brigitte:

13 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I think it may be a part of the b sides album...

why do you think that?

i don’t think it would make sense considering its a cover

last.fm

Soooo I finally listened through her discography in full (that's on streaming). (Only been a big fan of Crush, Gibson Girl, Everytime, Carpet Bed EP, and Famous Last Words until now, that is!)

An experience for sure! Most of all PD, wow. So interesting. So heavy.

Inbred (track) and Ptolemaea (especially that one) truly are veryyyy and eerie creepy. Like...:hdu: I felt so uncomfortable listening to them (and Hard Times also)!

Never been a fan of American Teenager until now, I guess with the context of the album, I'm starting to appreciate it!:)

I've been playing Ethel on repeat the past days and my new fav songs so far are definitely Ptolemaea, Unpunishable, Sun Beached Flies and Strangers.

The one complaint I have is sort of muffled vocals tho. I can barely hear what she's singing sometimes so I have to really read the lyrics while listening to understand. :rollin:

I'm glad I'm finally in and I cannot stop listening :defeated:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

7 hours ago, 13beachess said:

Soooo I finally listened through her discography in full (that's on streaming). (Only been a big fan of Crush, Gibson Girl, Everytime, Carpet Bed EP, and Famous Last Words until now, that is!)

An experience for sure! Most of all PD, wow. So interesting. So heavy.

Inbred (track) and Ptolemaea (especially that one) truly are veryyyy and eerie creepy. Like...:hdu: I felt so uncomfortable listening to them (and Hard Times also)!

Never been a fan of American Teenager until now, I guess with the context of the album, I'm starting to appreciate it!:)

I've been playing Ethel on repeat the past days and my new fav songs so far are definitely Ptolemaea, Unpunishable, Sun Beached Flies and Strangers.

The one complaint I have is sort of muffled vocals tho. I can barely hear what she's singing sometimes so I have to really read the lyrics while listening to understand. :rollin:

I'm glad I'm finally in and I cannot stop listening :defeated:

In regards to the muffled vocals that’s def a shoegaze-y stylistic choice that I definitely have grown to appreciate but at first was jarred by. I think you’ll grow to get used to it and appreciate it.