Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Are we getting any songs like Body Electric, Cola, Lolita, TIWMUG? If so, which one do you think will sound similar to those?

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

Do we know which of the unreleased songs were intended for AKA? I want to burn a Deluxe Edition of AK, but only if I know which tracks actually belong to the album.

Get Drunk and Jimmy Gnecco...

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Do we know which of the unreleased songs were intended for AKA? I want to burn a Deluxe Edition of AK, but only if I know which tracks actually belong to the album.

Get Drunk and Jimmy Gnecco...

Why? Just because they were part of "No Kung Fu" with demos of some AKA songs? Sorry, but that's not good enough evidence to say they were intended for AKA. For one thing, we don't even know for sure if NKF is a real grouping or if it's just a fanmade collection assembled and given that name by the leaker. Now, I've often wondered if perhaps those demos were what was sent to David Kahne that attracted his interest, and/or was NKF and other demos of AKA songs perhaps recorded with Steven Mertens as work tapes for AKA, and perhaps that's what she means by saying he recorded her first album, or perhaps Mertens played on AKA and/or was also involved in the studio since we don't have any credits for AKA... but that's all merely speculation on my part. There's never been any confirmation of any of that. But David Kahne is pretty clear that the only songs he recorded with Lizzy were the songs that ended up on the album, plus "C-Note"/HDB which he is also pretty clear they worked on "after the album was done" (emphasis mine).

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Was BTD deluxe with all 15 tracks ever released in the USA? Every time I go to a store, I only see versions with 14 or just standard. I had to order my 15 track album off the internet

I think it wasn't released because Target got Lolita and Without You as exclusive bonus tracks so releasing a deluxe version with those songs + Lucky Ones in the USA wasn't a great move for Target :P

Why? Just because they were part of "No Kung Fu" with demos of some AKA songs? Sorry, but that's not good enough evidence to say they were intended for AKA. For one thing, we don't even know for sure if NKF is a real grouping or if it's just a fanmade collection assembled and given that name by the leaker. Now, I've often wondered if perhaps those demos were what was sent to David Kahne that attracted his interest, and/or was NKF and other demos of AKA songs perhaps recorded with Steven Mertens as work tapes for AKA, and perhaps that's what she means by saying he recorded her first album, or perhaps Mertens played on AKA and/or was also involved in the studio since we don't have any credits for AKA... but that's all merely speculation on my part. There's never been any confirmation of any of that. But David Kahne is pretty clear that the only songs he recorded with Lizzy were the songs that ended up on the album, plus "C-Note"/HDB which he is also pretty clear they worked on "after the album was done" (emphasis mine).

Oh ok. So we don't know which unreleased songs were outtakes from AKA?

I AM MY ONLY GOD

It's from the Tropico premiere. Not sure about it but I seem to recall that people there got cards or something with those words written on it.

Thank you, that helped me a lot! :kiss:

This is Ultrarandom, but I've noticed this for a long time, and it's kinda weird... Lana seems to have a lot of problems with feedback on her mic. It's not really just one time things, but during many performances (both TV and concert), Lana gets mic feedback and she does that little jerky motion with her hand to try and stop it. Do you think it's the way she holds her mic or sings into it? It must be something that she does since it happens so much.

2dt29zc.jpg

Is there a place to download the Ride monologue? 

Not without the instrumental underscore, but if you want that one, I can PM you.

Was Lana ever signed to Neon Gold Records? I notices that she tweeted them a lot on her old MissDaytona twitter account and I was just curious.

I think they were just flirting with her to maybe see if she would be a good fit. I don't think she was signed to them though.

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

This is Ultrarandom, but I've noticed this for a long time, and it's kinda weird... Lana seems to have a lot of problems with feedback on her mic. It's not really just one time things, but during many performances (both TV and concert), Lana gets mic feedback and she does that little jerky motion with her hand to try and stop it. Do you think it's the way she holds her mic or sings into it? It must be something that she does since it happens so much.

Maybe she has bad luck with mic technicians or she just doesn't like the ear piece. Many artists just rip them out after 15 or so seconds of the song to avoid missing cues and such.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Was Lana ever signed to Neon Gold Records? I notices that she tweeted them a lot on her old MissDaytona twitter account and I was just curious.

I'll post about this in more detail later, but for now see this post and the other posts it links to.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.