Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

I don't wanna say that this is informative but there is something off about that e-mail sent by them.  Its writing and wording is so unprofessional considering it being from a college department.  And shouldn't they say Ms. Grant, not Lana?  :wtf2:

Did she graduated in the Spring or Fall?

Do we know if it was an AA/AS or Bachelors?

The people who are tasked with responding to e-mails value brevity since they have to deal with so many e-mails on a daily basis. I've gotten worse replies to (important) inquiries. It also depends on the school and its culture - a prestigious, culturally conservative and expensive private school will (probably) respond differently compared to a liberal arts college or a state school. I've noticed that colleges with very low acceptance rates (below 10%) tend to be more formal in their replies while colleges that are not extremely selective tend to be less formal (Fordham's acceptance rate is 47%). Basically, from my experience with colleges, I didn't think it was weird at all.

I did think calling her Lana Del Rey was weird, but my e-mail called her that and I only included her real name for looking it up. She is a famous person and she's famous under the name Lana Del Rey, not Elizabeth Grant; calling famous people by their legal names can feel weirdly intimate (which is why I never refer to Lady Gaga as Ms. Germanotta, for example). I imagine any files they have on her would be under Elizabeth Grant, but perhaps they've gotten this question before and know that this is relevant to Lana, famous person, not random student Elizabeth Grant.

Unfortunately, this is all they gave me in the e-mail and I kind of didn't want to pry any more than I'd already done. If you'd like to try yourself to see if you get a more detailed or different response, google Fordham alumni office, which is how I got in touch with them. They responded fairly quickly, as you can see. (Please don't drown them in e-mails though; they're probably fairly busy with non-Lana stuff)

The Disco Sessions - is this LDRay, Lizzy Grant LG&TP?

Let My Hair Down is LG&TP which is why I'm asking about that.

While these kinds of distinctions are often fuzzy and uncertain (and I don't usually find them very useful or meaningful), in this case I think it's pretty safe to call them Lizzy Grant and the Phenomena since they're reputedly from Tags, who was part of the Phenomena.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

What is Lana's natural hair color, and do we have photos of it? I'm inclined to think it's dirty blonde like her sister, but I don't know.

this. how come you don't know? 

ldr.jpg

That blonde hair on the AKA cover is clearly bleached. Plus it doesn't match her eyebrows or eyelashes at all.

Many people are born with blonde hair that darkens during childhood. I was born blonde and now I'm not. :creep:

She's changed her hair color so many times that I'm not sure if she's ever left it natural or undyed that we know of.

That blonde hair on the AKA cover is clearly bleached. Plus it doesn't match her eyebrows or eyelashes at all.

Many people are born with blonde hair that darkens during childhood. I was born blonde and now I'm not. :creep:

She's changed her hair color so many times that I'm not sure if she's ever left it natural or undyed that we know of.

this

im pretty sure it's naturally brown. 

Yes, she likely lightened her hair further after cutting it short in early 2007 ( :creep:), but if you take a look at earlier pictures in the threads for her Makor, WLSC, and Loveseat Collective performances, I'm inclined to think that dirty blonde hue was her natural coloring, and she was already about 21 at the time. I guess it's possible her natural hair color may have turned darker later than that, but I'm not sure how common that really is, and all evidence says she was blonde up until that point. Aside from when she was modeling, it seems like she was pretty low maintenance with her appearance up to that point as well, so I'd be a little surprised if she was coloring it then. I'd bet cake on dirty blonde.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Yes, she likely lightened her hair further after cutting it short in early 2007 ( :creep:), but if you take a look at earlier pictures in the threads for her Makor, WLSC, and Loveseat Collective performances, I'm inclined to think that dirty blonde hue was her natural coloring, and she was already about 21 at the time. I guess it's possible her natural hair color may have turned darker later than that, but I'm not sure how common that really is, and all evidence says she was blonde up until that point. Aside from when she was modeling, it seems like she was pretty low maintenance with her appearance up to that point as well, so I'd be a little surprised if she was coloring it then. I'd bet cake on dirty blonde.

this looks like she has roots though? I think it was ashy brown-blonde but more brown...

km5vsvz.png

She's definitely a blonde/ dirty blonde.

article-2162064-13B599C2000005DC-893_468

That's dry shampoo, i'm pretty sure. If you're not aware it makes your hair white. That looks too white to be natural+ there's brown more near the root area. 

Also super brown roots here?

3956741_640px.jpg

"Maha" meanings :  

Arabic name meaning moonlit night, or wild cow depending on the situation. 

A beautiful girl with big eyes.

In Hindi, it means big. Something major.

wild cow

b19Ibls.png i'll pray for you kathi- you and that disgusting mouth of yours. god bless 

I just started listening to all of the unreleased tracks and I feel so dumb when I realised Methanphetamines sounds just like Old Money with different lyrics :crai:

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, or where it goes if it hasn't.  So, my apologies if this isn't in the right place! But WHAT is being said in the back-round of Born To Die (male voice)? I know that Rick James' "Shout!" sample is in Blue Jeans, and it sounds like the same voice in BTD, but I can't make out what's being said at all. It's been driving me crazy!