Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Visit Fordham University's Rose Hill Campus where she attended college. Listening to "Fordham Road", wander through the Bronx (careful, it's a "bad neighborhood"!) on your way there and see if you can find the cheap coffee place on Valentine or the "stone Mary in the garden". On campus, stop in to the McGinley Center there and check out the ballroom where she sang at a fundraiser. Cross campus to Rodrigue's Coffee House in Alumni House where Lana played several gigs (including her first known gig and another one the same night as the fundraiser). Get caffeinated imagining Lizzy singing "Get Drunk" and "Pawn Shop Blues" here while playing acoustic guitar.Visit more venues where she performed in her early years. They're all listed in the Early Shows section. (Keep in mind that some venues have closed or moved since then. I've tried to list the original addresses in the show threads when possible, but I'm not sure it's 100% accurate.) Explore her Williamsburg stomping grounds at night listening to "Oh Say Can You See". Wander through alleys and look at the bars.Visit the trailer park where she lived, Manhattan Mobile Home Park at 4828 Tonelle Ave. in North Bergen, New Jersey if it hasn't been demolished yet. (It doesn't appear to have been based on Google StreetView photos from December.) Take the Lincoln Tunnel which inspired the "tunnel lined with yellow lights" lyric in "Yayo" as you take yourself "from this dark trailer park life."Definitely visit Coney Island. Walk down Mermaid and Neptune Avenues. Eat cotton candy and explore the boardwalk while listening to "Mermaid Motel". Ride the coasters and the Wonder Wheel. Stick your toes in the sand while listening to "Kill Kill". Lie in the ocean singing her song. Check out the aquarium before you go. Come back for the annual Mermaid Parade.You might also consider traveling down the Jersey Shore to a couple similar boardwalk destinations, Seaside Heights, where I think she wrote "Trash Magic", and Wildwood, where one of her classic photo shoots was taken.And if you're really hardcore, consider a road trip to beautiful Lake Placid, where she grew up.If you do any of this please take pictures and post about it! @@Trash Magic @@HeadBitch

Quit your day job and become the tour guide for the Lizzy Grant tour :troll:

Quit your day job and become the tour guide for the Lizzy Grant tour :troll:

If you can get together enough people to cover their own costs plus my own and an assistant's and compensate each of us for our time at my current hourly wage, I'd be happy to guide this tour.  ;)

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

With the attention on Serial Killer lately, I've been remembering @@Madrigal's insistence (based on apparently nothing, though probably something secret) that Serial Killer and Paradise are from the same session. This is interesting because we don't really know the producer/cowriter for either of them (and the Paradise registration with Emile in 2013 corresponds to Dark Paradise, right?).

I guess I'm hoping it's been long enough that one of y'all who gathered the same info will deem hoarding it useless

With the attention on Serial Killer lately, I've been remembering @@Madrigal's insistence (based on apparently nothing, though probably something secret) that Serial Killer and Paradise are from the same session. This is interesting because we don't really know the producer/cowriter for either of them (and the Paradise registration with Emile in 2013 corresponds to Dark Paradise, right?).

I guess I'm hoping it's been long enough that one of y'all who gathered the same info will deem hoarding it useless

well, when I received both songs before they were leaked :oop2: I was told this. And that Serial Killer and I Don't Wanna Go were going to be on the album after Born To Die

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

do we know what lana's songwriting process is? does she pull out a guitar (lol but she used to play, right?) and get a melody and then producers create an instrumental? does she sing something acapella and then producers create an instrumental? or does she get sent an instrumental and writes over it? has she ever commented on this?

let me be who i'm meant to be

do we know what lana's songwriting process is? does she pull out a guitar (lol but she used to play, right?) and get a melody and then producers create an instrumental? does she sing something acapella and then producers create an instrumental? or does she get sent an instrumental and writes over it? has she ever commented on this?

she say's a couple times she always has a melody in mind while she writes. I think she just writes lyrics and makes those lil laptop demos to send to producers 

Sorry if this has already been asked but please,

_ is Elvis (Demo) the same thing than Elvis?

_ where can I find Break My Fall (Demo) and does it even exists?

_ is there really 2 versions of Catch and Release, and where can I find them if they are? I have one entitled V1.

Thank you very much in advance :)

ZKcaooE.png

Sorry if this has already been asked but please,

_ is Elvis (Demo) the same thing than Elvis?

_ where can I find Break My Fall (Demo) and does it even exists?

_ is there really 2 versions of Catch and Release, and where can I find them if they are? I have one entitled V1.

Thank you very much in advance :)

there's only 1 version of Elvis and only 1 version of Break My Fall. Break My Fall is sometimes referred to as the 'demo' version because the song was given to Diana Vickers (although i think it was left off the album), so her's in the "final" and Lana's is the "demo". yeah there's two C&R, there's only a few differences but they're worth having. if you check the request thread, someone will probably be able to send you both versions :)

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

there's only 1 version of Elvis and only 1 version of Break My Fall. Break My Fall is sometimes referred to as the 'demo' version because the song was given to Diana Vickers (although i think it was left off the album), so her's in the "final" and Lana's is the "demo". yeah there's two C&R, there's only a few differences but they're worth having. if you check the request thread, someone will probably be able to send you both versions :)

Perfect exactly what I needed thank you so much :)

ZKcaooE.png

People claim there's another version of St. Tropez. Anybody got receipts? Or is it just a rumor?

probably just a rumour, i don't think we have any receipts for it being true/false

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

For people who own both the standard are deluxe vinyl of Born to Die, is the deluxe as bad as everyone seems to say? is really worth buying or should i just buy the standard? Because if it is 'lifeless' like people say i don't want it

CJjib6A.jpg

Is there a full live recording of Boarding School, or just the two-minute video that cuts out?  Thanks!

I think there's only one but I may be wrong!

Do we have an a capella for Golden Grill / Live Forever? I really love the remix and I was wondering how the singing is so filtered. Was the Nyceboy remix an official one?

ZKcaooE.png

I think there's only one but I may be wrong!

Do we have an a capella for Golden Grill / Live Forever? I really love the remix and I was wondering how the singing is so filtered. Was the Nyceboy remix an official one?

We don't have an accapella for it, the Nyceboy remix was indeed official.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1