Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

So did Lana actually graduate from college?

Initially it seemed questionable, but I'm pretty sure she did. See here.

Did Lana cheat on Barrie? It seems like she dumped him quickly then like a week later she was parading around with Francesco

Only Lana can answer that, but I find it difficult to reconcile the timelines of her known relationships without some overlap.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I've got told that Lana kept all her fan letters under her bed and this thought makes me have a nervous breakdown. Does anyone has the source of this information? I would really love to know if it's real or not or where does it comes from.

ZKcaooE.png

What was Lana going to name the BTD album? I know she had a couple names in mind like "do you love me yet" or something

From the Flush interview:

1. G.B.A (God Bless America)

2. Do U Luv Me Yet?

3. The Best of Lana Del Rey

4. The World is Ours

And I think there was The Revenge Of Lana Del Rey too :)

ZKcaooE.png

can anyone on here explain to me how to change my profile picture here on the left. tropico is finito. :)

I messaged Yungata, but no replies yet. maybe another mod is on soon? or anyone else?

thanks in advance. anyone.

This thread supposedly has the answer, but I know it doesn't work for everyone first time: http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/6468-how-to-solve-default-icon-limbo/

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

How do I block someone on LB? Or do we not have this feature yet? If not, WE NEED IT

- Go to the top of the Lanaboards page

- click the little arrow next to your user name in the top right corner

- choose 'Manage Ignore Prefs'

- type the user name in the box beneath 'Add a New User To My List', and tick the boxes next to all three options (posts, signature, messages)

- click 'Save Changes'

This won't stop you seeing their Status updates or comments on those, however.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

- Go to the top of the Lanaboards page

- click the little arrow next to your user name in the top right corner

- choose 'Manage Ignore Prefs'

- type the user name in the box beneath 'Add a New User To My List', and tick the boxes next to all three options (posts, signature, messages)

- click 'Save Changes'

This won't stop you seeing their Status updates or comments on those, however.

Thank you so much :crying:

I want to design my own Sirens booklet and covers and print it professionally at school to get a real clean nice jewel case, and eventually do the same for YLM/FTE/RMS, but I don't know if I should use May Jailer or Lizzy Grant or any other name. I class absolutely all my Lana songs under Lana Del Rey and I divide the unreleased by year so I have no idea which periods corresponds to what, but if I get this done I want to do it as well as possible. From what I understand, Sirens is around 2006 and under May Jailer right? And the 2007 Disco sessions are under Lizzy Grant And The Phenomena? And also, if Sirens was written and recorded around the time of the 2006 interview we had, Lana was going around under Lizzy Grant? So I'm a bit lost, I would be grateful if someone would be kind enough to explain me :)

Jesus Christ I'm posting on this thread so much I got loads of stuff to say

ZKcaooE.png

I want to design my own Sirens booklet and covers and print it professionally at school to get a real clean nice jewel case, and eventually do the same for YLM/FTE/RMS, but I don't know if I should use May Jailer or Lizzy Grant or any other name. I class absolutely all my Lana songs under Lana Del Rey and I divide the unreleased by year so I have no idea which periods corresponds to what, but if I get this done I want to do it as well as possible. From what I understand, Sirens is around 2006 and under May Jailer right? And the 2007 Disco sessions are under Lizzy Grant And The Phenomena? And also, if Sirens was written and recorded around the time of the 2006 interview we had, Lana was going around under Lizzy Grant? So I'm a bit lost, I would be grateful if someone would be kind enough to explain me :)

Jesus Christ I'm posting on this thread so much I got loads of stuff to say

I've said this before about trying to categorize Lana's discography by different eras based on her different names or spellings of her names, and I think it's still pretty true:

I find this common fixation on categorizing artists' careers into distinct "eras" a bit obsessive and misguided, especially with respect to Lana. These are typically not neat distinctions, often fuzzy, unknowable, uncertain, or riddled with inconsistencies. It's a fool's errand, an attempt to impose an artificial sense of order onto something that is inherently disordered and resistant to neat classification. I also think there are other distinctions that are more relevant, like her career pre-fame and post-fame.

But here's what we can say about the material you mentioned. The presumed source of Sirens said it came to him labeled May Jailer, which used to be her MySpace account, and was recorded in 2005 or 2006. Assuming QN and FTE are the recordings on file with the copyright office as YLM/RMS and FTE, they date to 2005. It would still be an assumption, but given the date, overlap, and similar sound of the recordings, it would not be unreasonable to label them all May Jailer. However, it should be noted that there is currently no evidence she ever billed herself as May Jailer for any performances. The Disco sessions supposedly came from a member of Lizzy Grant and the Phenomena who had probably been edged out of the band by July 2007. Again, although the most polished version of "Disco" was posted on the Lizzy Grant and the Phenomena Reverbnation account, there is no evidence she ever billed herself as Lizzy Grant and the Phenomena aside from perhaps one show.

So make of that what you will.  :blanche7:

I've said this before about trying to categorize Lana's discography by different eras based on her different names or spellings of her names, and I think it's still pretty true:

But here's what we can say about the material you mentioned. The presumed source of Sirens said it came to him labeled May Jailer, which used to be her MySpace account, and was recorded in 2005 or 2006. Assuming QN and FTE are the recordings on file with the copyright office as YLM/RMS and FTE, they date to 2005. It would still be an assumption, but given the date, overlap, and similar sound of the recordings, it would not be unreasonable to label them all May Jailer. However, it should be noted that there is currently no evidence she ever billed herself as May Jailer for any performances. The Disco sessions supposedly came from a member of Lizzy Grant and the Phenomena who had probably been edged out of the band by July 2007. Again, although the most polished version of "Disco" was posted on the Lizzy Grant and the Phenomena Reverbnation account, there is no evidence she ever billed herself as Lizzy Grant and the Phenomena aside from perhaps one show.

So make of that what you will.  :blanche7:

Oh wow. Oh my God. Well. I agree with you, for sake of simplicity I prefer to have everything under LDR, I'm just trying to get as close as possible to how Lana herself imagined it, anyway it doesn't really matter because I'm just doing it for myself. So as there isn't any evidence for May Jailer, which I actually didn't knew thank you, I'm now tempted to use Lizzy Grant, as if I remember correctly in the video interview we have from 2006 where she sings Pawn Shop Blues, she's under LG. I think I prefer to name Sirens under LG than LDR because the sound is distinctively different and much close to her personal life than to, even if she said it wasn't one, the character of LDR. I would consider everything pre-2007 to be Lizzy Grant and everything after to be LDR. I'm still putting Sirens/FTE/YLM/RMS under LDR on iTunes but for a physical album, I think LG would make more sense. Much more complicated than I thought it'd be :rip: Thank you very much for your thorough answer!

ZKcaooE.png

Oh wow. Oh my God. Well. I agree with you, for sake of simplicity I prefer to have everything under LDR, I'm just trying to get as close as possible to how Lana herself imagined it, anyway it doesn't really matter because I'm just doing it for myself. So as there isn't any evidence for May Jailer, which I actually didn't knew thank you, I'm now tempted to use Lizzy Grant, as if I remember correctly in the video interview we have from 2006 where she sings Pawn Shop Blues, she's under LG. I think I prefer to name Sirens under LG than LDR because the sound is distinctively different and much close to her personal life than to, even if she said it wasn't one, the character of LDR. I would consider everything pre-2007 to be Lizzy Grant and everything after to be LDR. I'm still putting Sirens/FTE/YLM/RMS under LDR on iTunes but for a physical album, I think LG would make more sense. Much more complicated than I thought it'd be :rip: Thank you very much for your thorough answer!

but Lana Del Ray and Kill Kill EP are from 2009-2010 and it still was Lizzy Grant tho

Wy8jf2U.jpg

So as there isn't any evidence for May Jailer

No, that's not what I'm saying. She almost certainly recorded Sirens under the name May Jailer. And it's a reasonable assumption she may have recorded QN & FTE intending them to be May Jailer recordings. But there's no evidence she ever performed as May Jailer. Gig posters and event calendar listings for her earliest shows list her as Lizzy, Lizzie, or Lizzi Grant, even though she was probably playing a lot of May Jailer material and listed those shows on her MySpace page, myspace.com/mayjailer, which was redirected to by lizzygrant.com, lizziegrant.com, lizzigrant.com, and mayjailer.com...

:toofunny:

Girl was never consistent.

but Lana Del Ray and Kill Kill EP are from 2009-2010 and it still was Lizzy Grant tho

Kill Kill was released in 2008 under Lizzy Grant. Lana Del Ray was released in 2010 as Lana Del Ray. The "AKA Lizzy Grant" is not actually part of the title.

So, does that make "Kill Kill", "Yayo", & "Gramma" Lizzy Grant songs or Lana Del Ray? :P

i think 2011 was the year that she finally established herself as lana del rey

She started billing herself as Lana Del Rey at least as early as her Mexicali Live show in August 2009.

Edit: And she was already toying around with a variant, Lana Rey Del Mar, at least as early as November 2008.

Edited by evilentity