Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Has anyone ever called Lana "Lizzy" or "Elizabeth" in public? Does she react to it in the same fashion that she does Lana?

I think a lot of people who know her from way back still call her Lizzy.

where does the name Lana Rey Del Mar come from? it's listed as one of her previous names on Wikipedia and they say she performed under that name, do we have any proof?

The Lana Rey Del Mar name was mentioned in two articles in the Adirondack Daily Enterprise, published near her hometown of Lake Placid. However, there are no performances she is known to have performed under that name.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

where does the name Lana Rey Del Mar come from? it's listed as one of her previous names on Wikipedia and they say she performed under that name, do we have any proof?

I think a lot of people who know her from way back still call her Lizzy.

The Lana Rey Del Mar name was mentioned in two articles in the Adirondack Daily Enterprise, published near her hometown of Lake Placid. However, there are no performances she is known to have performed under that name.

She also had a Lana Rey Del Mar MySpace too, which you can see at the end her friends list from this archived page. Unfortunately, there are no archived pages for that profile.

I don't know if anyone knows, but does anyone know what Lana's recording deal/contract says... After, watching this video I am concerned about how her record company is treating her with everything. I know she has free creativity but is she earning her money instead of a lot of it unfairly going to the record label?? I want to know because my dream is to do something in an art and maybe pursue the singer-songwriter thing, but if going into debt is a consequence and being fucked for life because of my dream I may just do something else....

I don't know if anyone knows, but does anyone know what Lana's recording deal/contract says... After, watching this video I am concerned about how her record company is treating her with everything. I know she has free creativity but is she earning her money instead of a lot of it unfairly going to the record label?? I want to know because my dream is to do something in an art and maybe pursue the singer-songwriter thing, but if going into debt is a consequence and being fucked for life because of my dream I may just do something else....

wow, that was interesting to watch. fairly recent vid too. i knew alot of this already, but didn't think it was that severe.

have heard of alot of artists pissed right off at their labels. I think if you're selling well, then you are fine..

that video shows why NOT doing promo much is actually dollar for dollar advantageous

One can make more profit from low key than from mega.

Sure, the record company can buy you a few number one singles, but an artist is so into debt from publicity and videos the companies pay for that 100 million becomes bankrupt for the artist.

Whereas a self-made hand held video

and Lana getting into actually producing her record and keeping hanger-ons away

Record companies have been legendary in their stealing from the 1950s black artists doo-wop groups to the present.

Normally, touring and merchandise artists make their money,

and as Lana writes almost all of her material (except for covers) songwriters do very well and the streaming companies have to pay royalties (though not so big, they add up quickly).

Lana having her dad who knows the biz is actually a good thing with this.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Dude, stop talking trash. Lana has a joint venture deal with Polydor / Interscope records. These labels share costs and risks and outcome. Her budget is set before the release. She does not have to pay for anything since she ain't on a 360 deal anyway.

Only 360 artists have that risk. Katy Perry for instance (aka Queen of Pop and the lady who has ended Gaga's career) is also not on a 360, because she is clever unlike Gaga who has a 360 deal with Interscope records.

Katy also topped Forbes this year. There are different contracts you can sign as an artist.

Dude, stop talking trash. Lana has a joint venture deal with Polydor / Interscope records. These labels share costs and risks and outcome. Her budget is set before the release. She does not have to pay for anything since she ain't on a 360 deal anyway.

Only 360 artists have that risk. Katy Perry for instance (aka Queen of Pop and the lady who has ended Gaga's career) is also not on a 360, because she is clever unlike Gaga who has a 360 deal with Interscope records.

Katy also topped Forbes this year. There are different contracts you can sign as an artist.

Just wondering what is your source or how do you know that she isn't on a 360 deal? 

Did nobody record the alternate Summertime Sadness video that aired in Germany?

tumblr_m7f9agsDui1r8s433o1_500.jpg

I fucking swear I saw it on an ATRL thread back when I didn't stan much - now I'm struggling to find it again but I CANNOT

image.png

I fucking swear I saw it on an ATRL thread back when I didn't stan much - now I'm struggling to find it again but I CANNOT

I believe you cause I found that thread a few moments ago. There's even a link probably to that video but it's dead now. :crying:

I guess to leaked version every artist but Katy Perry sucks. that must explain it.

Maybe everyone should dance with costumed sharks or something.

tell me, Lady Gaga's career ended? Who did I see on American Horror Story this past Wednesday. Must have been a look alike.

btw, has Sara B. written any new songs Katy P. can steal?

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I guess to leaked version every artist but Katy Perry sucks. that must explain it.

Maybe everyone should dance with costumed sharks or something.

tell me, Lady Gaga's career ended? Who did I see on American Horror Story this past Wednesday. Must have been a look alike.

btw, has Sara B. written any new songs Katy P. can steal?

what does this have to do w this thread  :crossed:

RVhKIwP.gif

response to post 1691 filled with so many mistakes it can't be left unsaid

btw-when one quotes something, why doesn't it show up? (which would make it easier for others to follow?)