Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Was there EVER an official vinyl of LDRAKALG? I'm sure this question has been asked but please

no, the album was never released nor even produced physically

Only as mp files on iTunes and Amazon

Not true, David Nichtern said there were some promo CDs produced. And according to CG, David Kahne also said he had a few copies laying around. But vinyl copies? Extremely doubtful.

Could the cult leader be Tony Robbins? I saw this Miss Daytona tweet and looked into him and apparently his Wikipedia page seems like what Lana said about him, plus she calls him sexy... I don't know if it fits into the timeline but it seems plausible to me?

I doubt there's a connection. Lana's just into self-help shit.

I've always wondered if Lana ever supported herself by doing sex work? She obviously has a lot of songs about it, people always seem to assume it's just her imagination but I wonder if all her cryptic comments like "I've lived a real life" or things like that are referring to something like that.

Ha, we actually had an entire thread speculating about this (I think it was called "Do you think Lana was a prostitute?") back on LDR.FM, RIP. I thought we had a similar thread here, but I can't find one. This may be the closest thing.

what's the deal with the 4 new selfies that were supposedly hacked from Lana's iCloud account? truth, false or just a mess?

Just plausible speculation I think.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Not true, David Nichtern said there were some promo CDs produced. And according to CG, David Kahne also said he had a few copies laying around. But vinyl copies? Extremely doubtful.

I doubt there's a connection. Lana's just into self-help shit.

Ha, we actually had an entire thread speculating about this (I think it was called "Do you think Lana was a prostitute?") back on LDR.FM, RIP. I thought we had a similar thread here, but I can't find one. This may be the closest thing.

Just plausible speculation I think.

You are Lana's encyclopedia.  You need to educate those instagram/twitter fans wiht their over cringing fake Lana facts :oprah:

Who actually influenced Lana's music? I know definitely one is Cat Power, but who else? Some reasoning would be good please.

I know that in early interviews Lana said Eminem, Britney Spears and so on but she probably said it because she hated the interview/interviewer, and just said random stuff. It led on iTunes citing the same thing which is not true. Her music doesn't sound like neither of them at all (well apart from that rap part in National Anthem)

Her 'Lizzy Grant' era MySpace cited a few including Radiohead (I can't remember all of them cos I didn't have the web archive image with me), but could that be Lana citing random bands just for the sake of it again?

Also how unique Lana is to the point when you find similar artists/radio on Spotify/Apple Music, you get either mainstream pop artists (Marina, Charli, etc) or famous indie ones (Florence, St Vincent), which doesn't sound like Lana's music at all? This bugs me very much.

Who actually influenced Lana's music? I know definitely one is Cat Power, but who else? Some reasoning would be good please.

I honestly shink she's not heavily inspired musically speaking, but more like lyrically. When it comes to the music and genres, she just does what it feels the best.

Also how unique Lana is to the point when you find similar artists/radio on Spotify/Apple Music, you get either mainstream pop artists (Marina, Charli, etc) or famous indie ones (Florence, St Vincent), which doesn't sound like Lana's music at all? This bugs me very much.

That's because 1. They share fanbases 2. No one sounds like Lana.

I'm progressing in the Lizzy footage project but I'm faced with an issue being that I have 3 videos for National Anthem Demo. I read the wikia page and if I understood well there's only one video, 3:31 in length. The three videos I have are 3:31, 3:54, and 3:13. I also have a 3:37 song called Nexus Demo, a 3:25 demo, and a third demo that I suspect I have ripped the audio from the third video as it is also 3:13. Is the assumption that my 3:13 video and song are fake correct? I think they're pitched but that would make me sad because it's my favourite version lmao. So to double check, is the 3:31 video the only real one? Thank you!

Edit: also please how many are there videos of On Our Way? And how long are they please? Can't find it on the wikia!

ZKcaooE.png

I'm progressing in the Lizzy footage project but I'm faced with an issue being that I have 3 videos for National Anthem Demo. I read the wikia page and if I understood well there's only one video, 3:31 in length. The three videos I have are 3:31, 3:54, and 3:13. I also have a 3:37 song called Nexus Demo, a 3:25 demo, and a third demo that I suspect I have ripped the audio from the third video as it is also 3:13. Is the assumption that my 3:13 video and song are fake correct? I think they're pitched but that would make me sad because it's my favourite version lmao. So to double check, is the 3:31 video the only real one? Thank you!

Edit: also please how many are there videos of On Our Way? And how long are they please? Can't find it on the wikia!

Yeah, the one I got is 3:32 and I think there's only one version of On Our Way, I actually saw a snippet of a "second version" on Vimeo but idk if it's fake or not, and the On Our Way length is 4:53, can't wait to see the project, good luck! 

8nl2OpX.png

Does anyone know what Lana's family calls her? Lol I've always wondered do they call her Lizzy,Elizabeth, or Lana. Do they call her Lana in public?

She once said Rob calls her Lana, and her mom just Elizabeth/Lizzy.

Yeah, the one I got is 3:32 and I think there's only one version of On Our Way, I actually saw a snippet of a "second version" on Vimeo but idk if it's fake or not, and the On Our Way length is 4:53, can't wait to see the project, good luck! 

Thank you very much! Yes I have another 4:31 OUW video and honestly I think it's real but I'm not sure. I'm gonna add it and as I remove the duplicates anyway, I'll see if it's real or not! 

She once said Rob calls her Lana, and her mom just Elizabeth/Lizzy.

Please, do you know where I could find a source? I'd love to hear about that!

ZKcaooE.png

Please, do you know where I could find a source? I'd love to hear about that!

I'm looking for it, once I find it I'll send you the link :D

Does anyone know what Lana's family calls her? Lol I've always wondered do they call her Lizzy,Elizabeth, or Lana. Do they call her Lana in public?

Chuck's nickname for her is Fui and she calls her Duck. :creep:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

This guy on Twitter claims he heard lanas music early 2011ish and was a big fan. He tweeted her and some how (I don't remember how) they ended up sharing emails. He said he emailed her a couple of times and then she got her big break. They kept comunication (not a lot though, only once every couple of months.) eventually he met her but some how didn't even up taking pics with her (this is 2014ish.) Eventually she gave him a couple of songs, one being Future Jazz. Early 2015 (Still not sure exactly) he got a Song called Endless Summer from her. He leaked lyrics, I know that, I've seen the tweets, but the song eventually became freak (Same everything) I tried asking to hear snippets of Future Jazz but Supposedly his Mac broke so he can't send me anyrhing. Do you guys think I should keep communication?

lilkimxchapelle.png

This guy on Twitter claims he heard lanas music early 2011ish and was a big fan. He tweeted her and some how (I don't remember how) they ended up sharing emails. He said he emailed her a couple of times and then she got her big break. They kept comunication (not a lot though, only once every couple of months.) eventually he met her but some how didn't even up taking pics with her (this is 2014ish.) Eventually she gave him a couple of songs, one being Future Jazz. Early 2015 (Still not sure exactly) he got a Song called Endless Summer from her. He leaked lyrics, I know that, I've seen the tweets, but the song eventually became freak (Same everything) I tried asking to hear snippets of Future Jazz but Supposedly his Mac broke so he can't send me anyrhing. Do you guys think I should keep communication?

Tell us more about those lyrics that became Freak 

tumblr_md89qnhO5l1rfxft6o1_500.png Hi, I'm wondering if the full images of the artwork for the special boxset digipaks of BTD and Paradise (seen above) exist on the internet? Sorry if this has been solved elsewhere. xx

Check out this page: http://www.discogs.com/Lana-Del-Rey-Born-To-Die-The-Paradise-Edition/release/4024362

click on the picture of the cover in the top left and it will bring up a bunch of photos. They're not HQ, but they're not bad.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png