Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

So... I'm wondering how people sort From The End and Quiet Now in relation to Sirens. (BTW is it correct to change Quiet Now to "Young Like Me"?)

Follow the @SitarHero way and make a B-sides album little laddy

@, here's what I've found/assumed/speculated (hopefully, more knowledgeable members can expand on or correct this): 

-the track we know as "Trash Magic" was listed on Lana's Myspace as "Miss America". However, in gig reviews, it was referred to as "Trash Magic" and Lana herself referred to it in a Youtube comment as both "Trash Magic" and "Miss America". Therefore, "Trash Magic" is probably the title to go with, as it's supported by gig reviews and Lana herself. 

-"Puppy Love"/"Marilyn Monroe" is totally up to your discretion, I'd say. It's registered as "Marilyn Monroe", with "Puppy Love" as an alternate title. It may be worth saying, though, that Lana referred to it as "Puppy Love" in a Facebook post, so I'd personally go with "Marilyn Monroe (Puppy Love)" as the title. 

-The demo of "Maha Maha" was built around an instrumental by Princess Superstar called "Bollywood Hawaii in Space" and leaked as "Bollywood Hawaii"-- so, "Bollywood Hawaii" is probably the name to go with. 

-"Is It Wrong" is registered as "Is It Wrong" with BMI, but as "Is It Wrong?" with the Harry Fox Agency, so either is valid. Personally, I'd probably take the BMI title of "Is It Wrong", but that's just me. 

-No clue on "Hit & Run". 

-The demo of "Hundred Dollar Bill" was leaked as "C-Note", I'm pretty sure. The 4:01 version is the final, titled "Hundred Dollar Bill". (also interesting to note that Lana, performing at the Slipper Room in 2009, referred to the song as "Nothing More Gorgeous Than a Hundred Dollar Bill".)

Hope this helps!

Good post. I use Trash Magic (Miss America), Marilyn Monroe (Puppy Love) & Bollywood Hawaii (Maha Maha) tbh. Wasn't theres omething somewhere about Is It Wrong? just being titled Wrong?

Good post. I use Trash Magic (Miss America), Marilyn Monroe (Puppy Love) & Bollywood Hawaii (Maha Maha) tbh. Wasn't theres omething somewhere about Is It Wrong? just being titled Wrong?

Thanks! And, yeah, I've read (on Lanapedia, for example) that Is It Wrong is alternately registered as just Wrong, but I can't find that alternate title on either BMI or the Harry Fox Agency, so any receipts from anyone would help! 

This was done by Ahmed (Lana Del Rey Daily).

Thanks for telling me! It's one of my favorite covers-- do you know if he has done any others, and if so, where could I find them? 

o4qjp4j.png

Thanks for telling me! It's one of my favorite covers-- do you know if he has done any others, and if so, where could I find them? 

I saved a few from ldr.fm ...I don't know if they're hosted anywhere anymore, but he did the "God Bless America" mixtape (and presumably the cover for it):

http://www.last.fm/music/Lana+Del+Rey/God+Bless+America

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Did the original version of Y&B (the one that references Jimmy Page and Janis Joplin) leak before the soundtrack came out, or after the song was ruled ineligible for the Oscar?

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

So... I'm wondering how people sort From The End and Quiet Now in relation to Sirens. (BTW is it correct to change Quiet Now to "Young Like Me"?)

`I have been avoiding it for the longest simply because i don't listen to the songs that aren't on Sirens. I wish we had more information on the releases.

I suppose it's funny as From The End and Quiet Now are factually more "official" than Sirens, since we have records of them being registered and we actually have no information on Sirens being a fully formed album. However I'm never going to accept that it isn't.  :toofunny:

You don't listen to any of the songs that aren't on Sirens? "More Mountains" is so good though. :smh:

I think you overstate the degree of confidence we should have in the authenticity of FTE/QN and understate it with respect to Sirens.

So the thing with FTE & QN is we don't actually have any receipts that they're the recordings she registered with the US copyright office as FTE and Rock Me Stable/Young Like Me, though I think it's very plausible, and that's my personal working assumption. However, all we have is the word of an attention-seeking teenage teaser who said the albums and tracks came to him titled that way from an engineer or something involved with the recording, the word of a braggart whose attempts to blueball the entire fanbase appear to have been thwarted by his own messiness. Not the most trustworthy character, but there's also not much reason to doubt his story either. More detailed thoughts on that here.

With Sirens, while it's true there's no official paper trail like registrations or anything, there's actually a lot of credible evidence that Sirens is a real album and was really called Sirens. However, the tracks were all unlabeled and the names were made up/guessed.

FWIW, I keep separate copies of each with the tracks labeled the way they leaked.

And as a side-note, I still think it is so crazy Lana has never been questioned about the album or the May Jailer monicker at all.  :crossed:

True, I can't recall an instance where she's ever been directly questioned about it, or where she's directly referenced it, but May Jailer and Sirens are both mentioned in The FADER's cover story on her.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Did the original version of Y&B (the one that references Jimmy Page and Janis Joplin) leak before the soundtrack came out, or after the song was ruled ineligible for the Oscar?

The song was never actually ruled ineligible, but there was an organized smear campaign falsely claiming it had been ruled ineligible.

(Or maybe a fake smear campaign by her label to garner sympathy that backfired instead?)  :illumilana:

We'll never know for sure if that campaign was the cause, but the effect seemed to be that it spooked academy voters and it was not nominated. At any rate, yes, the demo version leaked quite a few months before the smear campaign. It was kind of bizarre for me to see that campaign echo comments I'd made months earlier casting doubt on its eligibility under a strict reading of the rules, but also doubting it would matter, and preemptively declaring any such potential controversy "manufactured". For the record, I had nothing to do with the campaign, but I couldn't help but wonder if anyone involved with it found inspiration in my comments.

Do you guys think it's possible for Lana Del Rey to have a show in Vancouver or Alberta, Canada? Like not this year but sometime in the future...

Edit: or seattle even

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Can we leak stuff here?

Direct downloads and links to direct downloads on file sharing sites are not allowed, but you may link to leaks posted elsewhere.

Just don't waste our time with fake leaks. We've been plagued by them recently.

I swear a credible leak blog somewhere at some point in 2014/2015 mentioned that Butterflies are actually the other way round (Part 1 is actually Part 2 or vice versa )

Has this ever been mentioned again or is it possibly not true?

Also, while on the topic of Sirens/FTM/QN. Where did they original come through - where did traders get them from?

I swear a credible leak blog somewhere at some point in 2014/2015 mentioned that Butterflies are actually the other way round (Part 1 is actually Part 2 or vice versa )

Has this ever been mentioned again or is it possibly not true?

yeah i remember this too, i think it was tostb who said it

Wy8jf2U.jpg

Do you guys think it's possible for Lana Del Rey to have a show in Vancouver or Alberta, Canada? Like not this year but sometime in the future...

Edit: or seattle even

I don't remember if it was Seattle specifically or somewhere kinda between Seattle and Portland but I know she's done shows in Washington.

Can anyone tell me where Driving In Cars and some of the other more BTD-sounding leaks came from? I remember seeing something on here ages ago about how they were on like a promo CD or something that got sent to radio stations or something similar, but I can't find the post where I read about it.

qpgosw.jpg

I don't remember if it was Seattle specifically or somewhere kinda between Seattle and Portland but I know she's done shows in Washington.

Can anyone tell me where Driving In Cars and some of the other more BTD-sounding leaks came from? I remember seeing something on here ages ago about how they were on like a promo CD or something that got sent to radio stations or something similar, but I can't find the post where I read about it.

National Anthem (Nexus/Justin Parker)

Born to Die (Emile Haynie)

Live or Die (Jaz Rogers)

Hey Lolita Hey (Liam Howe)

Million Dollar Man (Chris Braide)

Video Games (Justin Parker/Robopop)

Paris (Guy Chambers/Liam Howe)

Puppy Love (Justin Parker)

Driving in Cars With Boys (Nexus)

This is What Makes Us Girls (Tim Larcombe)

Hundred Dollar Bill (Jayson Michael)

Are You Ready? (Eg White)

Diet Mountain Dew (Alexis Smith/Crispin Hunt/Mike Daly)

You Can Be The Boss (Alexis Smith)

Kinda Outta Luck (Alexis Smith)

Carmen (Justin Parker)

Put the Radio On (Biff Stannard)

Blue Jeans (Emile Haynie)

this was it, from ldr.fm back in 2012