Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

why would it have Lizzy Grant on it if it was her Lana Del Ray era??

The Kill Kill EP was released under Lizzy Grant. Hence the reason why someone apparently felt the need to put "A.K.A. Lizzy Grant" on the Lana Del Ray album.

I find this common fixation on categorizing artists' careers into distinct "eras" a bit obsessive and misguided, especially with respect to Lana. These are typically not neat distinctions, often fuzzy, unknowable, uncertain, or riddled with inconsistencies. It's a fool's errand, an attempt to impose an artificial sense of order onto something that is inherently disordered and resistant to neat classification. I also think there are other distinctions that are more relevant, like her career pre-fame and post-fame.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I think that it been added (A.K.A...) because it was in iTunes because it was the cover.

They added it to introduce her- It's her debut album and people need to know who's Lana Del Ray.

Same with Born To Die- she added the name Lana Del Rey on the cover art but the real name is Born To Die, not Lana Del Rey Born To Die.

That's the reason why Ultraviolence did not contain her name on the cover art, cause there's no need anymore, people already know who's Lana Del Rey and she has no other reason to add "Lana Del Rey" on the cover.

So that's what I think tho.

giphy.gif

So the "AKA Lizzy Grant" wasn't originally part of the album title, nor was it originally on the album cover?

Yes, the name of the album purchased from iTunes is only labeled as "Lana Del Ray" and the AKA Lizzy grant part is only on the album art so people know who it's by because it was her past allias.

Demos_copy.png

This is very random but has anyone some receipts about Lana being a vegetarian? I know it's in the BBC radio 1 interview with Huw Stephens but I've looked really everywhere and didn't found anything. It's not in the interview that's available. I wanna know so bad.

ZKcaooE.png

This is very random but has anyone some receipts about Lana being a vegetarian? I know it's in the BBC radio 1 interview with Huw Stephens but I've looked really everywhere and didn't found anything. It's not in the interview that's available. I wanna know so bad.

She eats spaghetti all the time...that has meat in it. 

IDK, maybe there are vegan versions too.

Can someone explain how we got "The Man I love"? I know it was somehow extracted from a demo, but how was that even work? Was one song hidden inside another? Idgi 

She eats spaghetti all the time...that has meat in it.

IDK, maybe there are vegan versions too.

Can someone explain how we got "The Man I love"? I know it was somehow extracted from a demo, but how was that even work? Was one song hidden inside another? Idgi

Spaghetti Bolognese has meat in it...regular spaghetti does not

We got the Trash Magic demo and then someone took the verses + compiled them together to make The Man I Love.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Spaghetti Bolognese has meat in it...regular spaghetti does not

We got the Trash Magic demo and then someone took the verses + compiled them together to make The Man I Love.

So we have a demo with those verses from the man I love? I never heard that version

I find this common fixation on categorizing artists' careers into distinct "eras" a bit obsessive and misguided, especially with respect to Lana. These are typically not neat distinctions, often fuzzy, unknowable, uncertain, or riddled with inconsistencies. It's a fool's errand, an attempt to impose an artificial sense of order onto something that is inherently disordered and resistant to neat classification. I also think there are other distinctions that are more relevant, like her career pre-fame and post-fame.

THIS. Couldn't agree more :agree:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Saw this in a youtube comment

"Not true, she's a liar. She said she didnt have any contact with her parents for years and didnt even have her social security number but if you do a simple google search, you can find a load of pictures of her (all through the years she apparently had no contact with them)with her dad at fancy events- sitting next to billionaires, being on a private jet, on a boat with another millionaire and meeting celebrities like Miley cyrus.

She lived in NY in a flat with her brother and sister that their parents bought for them. But she rented a trailer park trailer for 6months with a boyfriend and pretends she was poor....

Shes been rich her whole life, she paid for studio time and worked with very big producers before she got famous (not to mention got plastic surgery) how do you assume she paid for all that? Studio time alone costs thousands...but she claimed she "barely had money for cereal". "

How much of it is true?

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

"Not true, she's a liar. She said she didnt have any contact with her parents for years and didnt even have her social security number but if you do a simple google search, you can find a load of pictures of her (all through the years she apparently had no contact with them)with her dad at fancy events- sitting next to billionaires, being on a private jet, on a boat with another millionaire and meeting celebrities like Miley cyrus.

She lived in NY in a flat with her brother and sister that their parents bought for them. But she rented a trailer park trailer for 6months with a boyfriend and pretends she was poor....

Shes been rich her whole life, she paid for studio time and worked with very big producers before she got famous (not to mention got plastic surgery) how do you assume she paid for all that? Studio time alone costs thousands...but she claimed she "barely had money for cereal". "

How much of it is true?

She signed a deal in 2007 or 2008. I think people forget that even though AKA was briefly released in 2010, it was recorded two years earlier. So that would make her stint in the trailer park *before* she took up studio time and recorded a billion demos, right? 

She signed a deal in 2007 or 2008. I think people forget that even though AKA was briefly released in 2010, it was recorded two years earlier. So that would make her stint in the trailer park *before* she took up studio time and recorded a billion demos, right? 

She bought the trailer with the $10,000 signing bonus to 5 Points

How much of it is true?

I doubt this part is true. If there are pictures of her with millionaires on private jets and with Miley, we would know about that.

I don't remember seeing a pic with Miley, and the few pictures we have of her with big crowds + family seem more like friendly gatherings