Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Lizzy's MySpace page once said she "shared the stage with... John Mayer". Granted, it said a lot of other bullshit at the same time, like that she was a trapeze artist for two years and was married four times in five countries. (How is that even possible? Married while straddling the border?) But she actually did share the stage with the other artists listed. Does anyone know if there's any basis in fact to the John Mayer claim? And I wonder if there's any connection to his covering "Video Games".

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Lizzy's MySpace page once said she "shared the stage with... John Mayer". Granted, it said a lot of other bullshit at the same time, like that she was a trapeze artist for two years and was marred four times in five countries. (How is that even possible? Married while straddling the border?) But she actually did share the stage with the other artists listed. Does anyone know if there's any basis in fact to the John Mayer claim? And I wonder if there's any connection to his covering "Video Games".

I think that might be bullshit. She listed two acts she actually did perform with and added one ridiculous act to make it funny. I also couldn't find anything about the two having anything to do with one another other than Katy Perry and his cover of Video Games.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Lizzy's MySpace page once said she "shared the stage with... John Mayer". Granted, it said a lot of other bullshit at the same time, like that she was a trapeze artist for two years and was marred four times in five countries. (How is that even possible? Married while straddling the border?) But she actually did share the stage with the other artists listed. Does anyone know if there's any basis in fact to the John Mayer claim? And I wonder if there's any connection to his covering "Video Games".

She was marred four times in different countries, eh? How do you think it was done? Stoning?

Oh man, bad joke.

Anyway, moving on. I don't know about Lizzy, but me, if it came to John Mayer, i'd definitely lie. In the other direction. I'd do whatever i could to make sure no one ever found out that i once had the misfortune of sharing a stage with him. :deadbanana:   

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I've been talking to this person on skype for a while now about trading Lizzy songs.

She claims to have gone to boarding school with Lizzy and to have been roomates with her.

May (her name) also claims too have an early demo tape named 'KRay'. Here is what she says:

Me: How did you know Lizzy

May: Well we were pretty tight in Boarding School, besties, roomies and meth buddies

Me: So she was on meth

May: Yes, she was on with her dealer as well (Ray)

Me: So what Lizzy songs do you have

May: Well I have all sorts of wonders from this girl, but the most important one would be 'KRay'. It is a demo tape she made. These are the details:

Hi May, great to talk to you again

It's been a while and I really miss you, and all the fun times we had. I thought you should know that me and ray are over. I was sick of being 'the other woman'. Here are some of my songs, hope u like!

Rayse Me Up (Meth and Love)

'Ray Ray, Ray Rayse me up, don't stop, boy keep it up' I'm sure u could tell who this is about haha! I still miss him, and wonder if his girlfriend knew about us. I still think about us, I wonder if he thinks about me......

I Want The Brite Lights

This one is about my ex fiance K. All the nights I spend alone, wondering how his cell looks and how he is. I hope too be together in the afterlife.

The Ocean

Another one about K. I could never stop loving him, but when the time came I had too let go. I can never do better.

May, let's catch up soon. I know we kind of lost touch after you left, but I miss us.

Thanks again for everything you've helped me with, especially, well u know what.

Lots of Love,

Your Girl Lizzy xoxo

Could this be legit?

That is the fakest thing I have ever read.

sort of ~

Untagged by Me OTTR picture  :)

tumblr_mgwq6zEKJO1rksetpo1_500.jpg

Edit I tried to do this as a quote because I posted it in the fan art section but that didn't work...

TZk1z.png

What songs did lana perform at Arlene's Grocery? 

She performed these and perhaps others:

"Queen of the Gas Station"

"Trash Magic"

"Mermaid Motel"

"Yayo"

"The Happiest Girl in the Whole USA"

"Pin-Up Galore"

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

1. Is it "Every Man Has His Wish" or "Every Man Gets His Wish"?

Is it "Take Me to Paris" or "Paris"?

Is it "Marilyn Monroe" or "Puppy Love"?

Is it "Driving in Cars" or "Driving in Cars With Boys"?

Is "Next to Me" actually called "River Road"?

1. Is it "Every Man Has His Wish" or "Every Man Gets His Wish"?
  2. Is it "Take Me to Paris" or "Paris"?
  3. Is it "Marilyn Monroe" or "Puppy Love"?
  4. Is it "Driving in Cars" or "Driving in Cars With Boys"?
  5. Is "Next to Me" actually called "River Road"?

1.  I call it "Every Man Gets His Wish."

At the time it was copyrighted, she used the title "Every Man Has His Wish." By the time she recorded it, she was singing, "Every man gets his wish." I see no compelling reason to retain "Has."

2. I call it "(Take Me to) Paris."

3. I call it "Puppy Love (Marilyn Monroe)."

I think the official title is "Marilyn Monroe," but "Puppy Love" is far more descriptive IMO. (She sings about MM all the time.)

4. There are two versions. "Driving in Cars" is 4:16 and has the extended bridge. "Driving in Cars with Boys" is 4:00.

5.  I call it "Next to Me (River Road)."

"Next to Me" is a fan title. "River Road" is a real title for SOMETHING, possibly what fans are calling "Next to Me." But that's unconfirmed so far.

My five cents :)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

1.  I call it "Every Man Gets His Wish."

At the time it was copyrighted, she used the title "Every Man Has His Wish." By the time she recorded it, she was singing, "Every man gets his wish." I see no compelling reason to retain "Has."

2. I call it "(Take Me to) Paris."

3. I call it "Puppy Love (Marilyn Monroe)."

I think the official title is "Marilyn Monroe," but "Puppy Love" is far more descriptive IMO. (She sings about MM all the time.)

4. There are two versions. "Driving in Cars" is 4:16 and has the extended bridge. "Driving in Cars with Boys" is 4:00.

5.  I call it "Next to Me (River Road)."

"Next to Me" is a fan title. "River Road" is a real title for SOMETHING, possibly what fans are calling "Next to Me." But that's unconfirmed so far.

My five cents :)

Oh, thank you! But do you know if "Driving in Cars" or "Driving in Cars With Boys" is registered?

This is the tracklist of the sampler:

National Anthem (Nexus/Justin Parker)

Born to Die (Emile Haynie)

Live or Die (Jaz Rogers)

Hey Lolita Hey (Liam Howe)

Million Dollar Man (Chris Braide)

Video Games (Justin Parker/Robopop)

Paris (Guy Chambers/Liam Howe)

Puppy Love (Justin Parker)

Driving in Cars With Boys (Nexus)

This is What Makes Us Girls (Tim Larcombe)

Hundred Dollar Bill (Jayson Michael)

Are You Ready? (Eg White)

Diet Mountain Dew (Alexis Smith/Crispin Hunt/Mike Daly)

You Can Be The Boss (Alexis Smith)

Kinda Outta Luck (Alexis Smith)

Carmen (Justin Parker)

Put the Radio On (Biff Stannard)

Blue Jeans (Emile Haynie)

I saved it from ldr.fm

So does the producer info tell us for sure which versions of these songs were on the sampler? Specifically for these three:

Driving in Cars with Boys - is this the (4:00) version where she sings low the whole time?

This is What Makes Us Girls - is this the (3:36) version we call "demo 1"?

Diet Mountain Dew -  is this the (3:39) version with the pre-chorus some of us call "demo 3"?

So does the producer info tell us for sure which versions of these songs were on the sampler? Specifically for these three:

Driving in Cars with Boys - is this the (4:00) version where she sings low the whole time?

They're both the same, she only rerecorded her vocals. Same exact backing track. Supposedly the rerecorded vocals are the ones she sings low the whole way through, but, you know, that's probably hearsay. 

Diet Mountain Dew -  is this the (3:39) version with the pre-chorus some of us call "demo 3"?

I thought we were all calling the pre-chorus one "demo 2"? And demo 3 is the really minimalist one (which i really doubt was the one that was on the sampler--that was probably, in actuality, the first demo recorded). 

Is "Little Carmen" the same as the acapella "demo" for Carmen?

Yes. 

1. Is it "Every Man Has His Wish" or "Every Man Gets His Wish"? Every Man Gets His Wish apparently it's registered here http://iswcnet.cisac.org/iswcnet/menuManagement.do?path=8,0 I couldnt find it
  2. Is it "Take Me to Paris" or "Paris"? Take Me To Paris https://www.ascap.com/Home/ace-title-search/index.aspx
  3. Is it "Marilyn Monroe" or "Puppy Love"? Puppy Love  http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a338717/lana-del-rey-i-still-cry-singing-video-games.html 
  4. Is it "Driving in Cars" or "Driving in Cars With Boys"? Driving in Cars http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a338717/lana-del-rey-i-still-cry-singing-video-games.html 
  5. Is "Next to Me" actually called "River Road"? There's no receipts other than a time coincidence that they are the same track

My answers are in BOLD :D

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

They're both the same, she only rerecorded her vocals. Same exact backing track. Supposedly the rerecorded vocals are the ones she sings low the whole way through, but, you know, that's probably hearsay. 

So the (4:00) version of DIC, where she sings low all the way through, was the final version -- therefore more likely to have been put on the official sampler?

I thought we were all calling the pre-chorus one "demo 2"? And demo 3 is the really minimalist one (which i really doubt was the one that was on the sampler--that was probably, in actuality, the first demo recorded).

See discussion here: http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/854-leaked-demos-list-information/?p=30560 (I think you're the first person I've heard call it demo 2. But it's so confusing anyway, I've decided to follow others' example in referring to songs by their length.)

At any rate, I'm getting an Alexis Smith vibe from the prechorus since that's who produced "You Can Be the Boss" and "Kinda Outta Luck." Can anyone back me up on that guess?

Yes.

("Little Carmen" = acapella demo) Thank you! :D

My answers are in BOLD :D

I don't know if Digital Spy is a good source for the song titles they might be right with 'Puppy Love' but they list 'Paris' instead of 'Take Me To', I don't think they did research and simply posted what they got told from their source, who obviously didn't know either the legal titles.

2wn4whw.png

So the (4:00) version of DIC, where she sings low all the way through, was the final version -- therefore more likely to have been put on the official sampler?

That's how i've always heard it labeled. It seems accurate for two reasons: Her singing on the 4:00 one is in the style that she's been moving toward since BTD (generally singing in a lower register and in a more, i don't know, "somber" and "sultry" manner), and the pre-chorus ("I wear my red lipstick...") in the 4:00 one is chopped in half--likely to be an edit from the longer, preceding version.