Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

What exactly is a radio edit/radio mix, and are radio edits and mixes produced by the same people as the regular album versions of songs?

Radio edit — is, well, a single edited to be suitable for radio's regulations. It's basically the song shortened (for mainstream/pop radio) when songs are longer than 4:00 minutes. Also, some radio edits sent to certain stations are 'clean versions' that edit 'inappropiate' words that might offend some people, lol. Those are usually referred to as 'clean versions' as well. These ones are produced by the same people who produced the album versions, but edited by the engineers and sometimes even by folks from the radio stations (these ones are usually quite shitty)

Radio mix — a different (or slightly different) version of a single. Usually made for songs that might not be exactly 'radio friendly', thus labels sending these mixes — aiming for a broader audience. They're not that common tho, and nowadays they are quite rare, appearing in a few singles cds and/or random countries as bonus tracks.

These ones might or might not be produced by the same original producers. Take "West Coast" album version, produced by Dan Auerbach, while "West Coast (Radio Mix)" is made by Rick Nowels & co.

Hope it answered your question! I tried my best to be clear lol.

What exactly is a radio edit/radio mix, and are radio edits and mixes produced by the same people as the regular album versions of songs?

A radio edit is basically a song that has been shortened or rearranged, this can include intro, verses, or outro) to remove any "fluff" the target audience may not care about (LFL) or find offensive so it is censored (High by the Beach). However not all radio edits are played on the radio (OTTR).

A radio mix is a song that has been mixed differently usually containing a whole new instrumental and can contain different vocal delivery (Dark Paradise, West Coast). Extended radio mixes can sometime be made as a result of a radio mix (Summertime Sadness).

In most cases, radio edits are in fact produced by the same people since its the same song just structurally altered. While radio mixes, are not always produced by the same people (Dark Paradise).

Oops didn't realize americangothic had answered your question as i was in the middle of typing  :hooker:

R5sPD4M.jpg

A radio edit is basically a song that has been shortened or rearranged, this can include intro, verses, or outro) to remove any "fluff" the target audience may not care about (LFL) or find offensive so it is censored (High by the Beach). However not all radio edits are played on the radio (OTTR).

A radio mix is a song that has been mixed differently usually containing a whole new instrumental and can contain different vocal delivery (Dark Paradise, West Coast). Extended radio mixes can sometime be made as a result of a radio mix (Summertime Sadness).

In most cases, radio edits are in fact produced by the same people since its the same song just structurally altered. While radio mixes, are not always produced by the same people (Dark Paradise).

Oops didn't realize americangothic had answered your question as i was in the middle of typing  :hooker:

we basically wrote the same thing with different words. Great minds think alike (?)

There's a radio mix of Off To The Races?!

@@americangothic @@LanaRayDelMar

Thanks so much guys, that was really helpful! Sorry, I've got another question lol. So the only radio mixes we have are Dark Paradise, Summertime Sadness, and West Coast, right? West Coast radio mix is produced by Rick Nowels, but do DP & SS radio mixes have different producers than the album versions? And this isn't a radio mix, but is the West Coast Rob Orton Mix produced by Dan Auerbach like the radio edit?

Was BP demo supposed to be on UV

I don't think so, assuming it was post Guardian, and that interview was publicated in June 12th, and UV got released the day after, so probably not.

8nl2OpX.png

The backdrop video on this photo is in a video that we have already?  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:

https://www.last.fm/es/music/Lizzy+Grant/+images/b88ca782fa444c0690dc2acc1de8124c

My guess is Hundred Dollar Bill? They both have the ring on the same finger, but it's hard to tell. I tried to make out that same frame at 1:20 it's close but idk, maybe from an unseen version of the video?

R5sPD4M.jpg