Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

I'm actually asking bc the link to the BMI for Out Of Control is expired on GagaPedia lol but is there an expiration date for song registrations? I'm curious if it's a bug or if the song is not registered anymore

ZKcaooE.png

Anyone has some intel on whether or not this picture is fanmade please? It's the cover on r/lanadelrey and it's probably fanmade but if it is it's rly well done, it's so seamless John Maclean is jealous

kjbhb.jpg

ZKcaooE.png

Has Lana actually ever said what she considers her favorite songs she's done? I know she thinks highly of many, but has she ever anywhere stated some as her "best work" or anything like that?  :um2:

We know generally what songs she likes from each record but we've no knowledge as to her favorite song from her

she likes VG, BJ, Cruel World, Terrence Loves You, Change, and Yosemite- I think Yosemite, genuinely, is her most personally hyped song. Nowhere else had she namedropped or brought up a song so often compared to Yosemite.

Anyone has some intel on whether or not this picture is fanmade please? It's the cover on r/lanadelrey and it's probably fanmade but if it is it's rly well done, it's so seamless John Maclean is jealous

kjbhb.jpg

i'm 90% sure thats an edit made by one of them- the mods there are semi-nice (some of them are bitchasses), ik mxra shouldn't find trouble helpin u

I'd say Radio - her approach and delivery in this live performance was underwhelming

When she made Radio she was probably glad to have made it and be known and have money and see her career actually taking off. Now to her she probably thinks it wasn't necessarily that good to become rich and famous as it likely never made her any happier than she was when struggling to get noticed and trying to make it. So it's probably bittersweet now.

Is there any songs that Lana doesn't really like from her discography besides Cola?

I remember she said she hated the production on This Is What Makes Us Girls if something

image.png

I remember she said she hated the production on This Is What Makes Us Girls if something

Yeah I heard that as well. I wonder how she feels about it now. She did sing some of it at the children's hospital so perhaps she doesn't dislike it quite as much now. 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Is there any songs that Lana doesn't really like from her discography besides Cola?

I feel like the entire Ultraviolence record qualifies. It was a dark time in her life and she doesn't like that record anymore.

giphy.gif

Maybe This Is What Makes Us Girls, I think she said in a interview that her label wanted to change the banger that is the demo for a more stripped one, to flow better with the overall sound of the album.

Plus I think she might have some grudge to it since she originally wanted Without You as the closer, but her label scrapped that.

8nl2OpX.png

Maybe This Is What Makes Us Girls, I think she said in a interview that her label wanted to change the banger that is the demo for a more stripped one, to flow better with the overall sound of the album.

Plus I think she might have some grudge to it since she originally wanted Without You as the closer, but her label scrapped that.

That's interesting, I never knew she wanted Without You to be the closer, that's my favorite off the album.

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Yeah I heard that as well. I wonder how she feels about it now. She did sing some of it at the children's hospital so perhaps she doesn't dislike it quite as much now. 

children's hospital?

giphy.gif

I don't think she dislikes Cola, she just knows it'd be super poor taste to play it.

I miss her playing it live but it did have it's day and I'm glad she retried it, especially after what happened with rapestien.

Maybe one day it'll make a return with reworked lyrics but I don't see that happening

Apart from the track Ultraviolence, where Lana stated she regretted the 'He hit me and it felt like a kiss" verse, are there any other verses or songs she's regretted writing/making?

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I miss her playing it live but it did have it's day and I'm glad she retried it, especially after what happened with rapestien.

Maybe one day it'll make a return with reworked lyrics but I don't see that happening

Apart from the track Ultraviolence, where Lana stated she regretted the 'He hit me and it felt like a kiss" verse, are there any other verses or songs she's regretted writing/making?

I feel like the entire Ultraviolence record qualifies. It was a dark time in her life and she doesn't like that record anymore.

You're right about the song UV.

a few months after UV (the album) came out, she said she had gone too far, lyrically and all with that record. I supposed she was tired of being asked how many guys in the industry she had fucked and if she was depressed. 

'i don't matter to anyone', in Terrence loves you. I think she laments how dark/depressing the line is.

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png