Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

What I understand is pretty meager:

The ... AKA Lizzy Grant album is a special case that probably has its own reasons for *aborted* release. I won't even attempt to understand them, and maybe that's not what you mean by "unreleased" anyway.

The Sirens album, I suspect, is an album she meant to release but was probably told it would never sell by all the labels she brought it to (I recall her saying that about her "first" album in some older interview, sorry for the lack of receipts).

As for the unaligned unreleases, some of these she leaked for self-promotion (I'm thinking like Elvis, Disco, Axl Rose Husband, You Can be the Boss), and most came from the "leak holocaust(s)". To me these unreleased, together with Sirens and AKA, are the most important mysteries about her. If I were to assume that she likes all her unreleased work (which I mostly do), I would have to conclude that there are major problems with the music industry that prevents her from releasing and/or producing more of her older stuff. These would be like legal snafus because her collaborators are unsigned or on different labels. Wish an entertainment lawyer would jump in and comment. The "she's a perfectionist" theory is a bit scary, as it implies she really doesn't know how good she is. 

So I guess the best-case scenario for me is that she's a really bad procrastinator, specifically for her older work.

I agree with @@Whoopiedoo on Lana's music being easily accessible, and this is the reason why so many people think she has a lot of unreleased music (when a lot of artists probably have just as much, the only difference being that their songs don't surface every week).

Something else that should be pointed out too, I think, is that Lana's hard-drive has been accessed, which means that we also have access to music that wasn't even recorded in studio (like the countless a cappella demos). I bet there are a lot of artists that record voice memos that would eventually become finalized demos/songs in studio but those don't leak easily as they're stored in personal devices.

We can't really assume that, as we don't know how many songs are in the vaults for each artist.

Lana's stuff just must be easy to access.

There's not that many artists that have a massive unreleased discography though really, a lot of artists mainly write in the studio/don't contribute to writing their music enough to have a lot of unreleased material. And even fanbases from other artists with unreleased songs are often surprised at the amount of music Lana has, especially since quite a few are album worthy but tbh the rough demos and acoustic/acapella songs don't surprise me for an artist who has been experimenting for a few years before becoming famous.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

I think lots of artists (who write their stuff themselves) tend to have a large amount of unreleased songs but they just don't leak. Especially not this quickly. We've gotten like 200 songs within two years, that's insane.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I think somebody has it out for Lana tbh. Even her Born to Die video leaked, before she was relevant.

You might be right when it comes to some of her unreleased discography (ie, So Legit, pretty sure Lana did not want that out) But for the obvious stuff like the Born to Die video you mentioned, I think it's Lana tbh, either directly uploading it places herself or giving it to a friend who then shares it on her behalf. Think about it, before the label had her in their tight grasp, as soon as Lana finished a project (video, song) she was in control of when it was released. She did almost all her own promotion and managed her own YT accounts, websites, myspace etc. She's probably just super excited about her stuff and before the BtD video came out she was so proud and gushed about it all the time. I know for me, It would drive me crazy to hold off until the label said it was okay when I wanted to share it right now because I was so proud of my work. That's also why she's probably being so tight lipped about Tropico because she's already had her hand slapped by Interscope too many times.

But that's just my little conspiracy theory, and I'm probably wrong lol  :runs:

I think lots of artists (who write their stuff themselves) tend to have a large amount of unreleased songs but they just don't leak. Especially not this quickly. We've gotten like 200 songs within two years, that's insane.

Exactly. An artist could go trough 20-30 songs for an album, plus there's the various demo cuts and rough cuts for each song....., now that number is doubled.

I heard a song on the radio yesterday that sounds like it contains the main riff from "Hit and Run".  Anyone else heard it?  Sorry, I was in the car with a bunch of kids and couldn't hear the words all to well.

You know that picture of Lizzy smiling with a cat in her arms and a motorcycle in the background, I never saved it but want to make it my DP ~  does anyone have it so I don't dig through the forum the whole day  :creep:  ? 

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

You know that picture of Lizzy smiling with a cat in her arms and a motorcycle in the background, I never saved it but want to make it my DP ~  does anyone have it so I don't dig through the forum the whole day  :creep:  ? 

one of these?

http://lanadelreyonline.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=109

or this one?

http://lanadelreyonline.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=125&pid=7448#top_display_media

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png