Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

not a Q but random and certainly doesnt derve an own thread

Lizzy mentioned by a band member of reeve's band

MC: Excellent. Well, I don’t want to keep you guys too long because I know you’ve got a long drive ahead of you, but since this is The Milk Carton, are there any artists or bands that you’d like to see become more popular and find a larger audience that we should go check out?

Zane: I have a friend in New York named Lizzy Grant (http://www.myspace.com/therichwhores), who’s just terrific. Yeah. I have a lot of friends who are really talented, but those are the first two that came to mind.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Ne7h9u1RzXcJ:www.themilkcarton.com/forums/archive/index.php%3Ft-2583.html+&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I have three versions of Big Spender ft. Smiler but I don't know which one is the demo and which one the Blinkie Mix. Could somebody post a link where I can listen to them ?

There are only two versions, right ?

Oh and is the the title BIG Spender or just Spender ?

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

Did "A Star For Nick" have a fan-made title before we knew the real title? And "Pride" was the fan-made title before "Junky Pride" was found, right?

@@ConeyIslandQueen262 Do you still need to hear the two different versions of Spender?

Here's the demo of Spender:

Here's the final version, also known as the "Blinkie Mix" (which you can download for free from Smiler's mixtape, if you want. Note that Lana's first word isn't actually cut off in the real song):

Mostly, it's just Smiler's parts that are more refined (and the annoying telephone ringing noise is gone). Lana's parts remain the same really, but the final version (Blinkie Mix) sounds better, overall.

"Spender". "Big Spender" is the name of the Shirley Bassey song Lana covers that is sampled in it.

One of the more minor LDR enigmas (for me) is why she didn't fully cover Big Spender either before or after Smiler's use of her quoting it (or -- gasp -- are there rumors she actually did cover the full song?).

Other than Shirley Bassey, Peggy Lee and Chaka Kahn also covered it. Freddy Mercury on Youtube does some of it. It's a powerhouse diva song, and it sounds like she's really nails her part (or is it just autotune?). So I've always thought her releasing a full version of Big Spender would have gone a far ways in promoting her as a singer.

Did "A Star For Nick" have a fan-made title before we knew the real title? And "Pride" was the fan-made title before "Junky Pride" was found, right?

A Star for Nick leaked by itself one and a half months before the rest of Sirens so it didn't have a fanmade title. And yes to the second question.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Can someone make a chart showing the real names and popular but fake names of the Sirens tracks? I am totally lost.

• Drive By (aka For K (Part 1) or Sirens or Pretty Baby)
  • River Road (aka Next to Me)
  • A Star for Nick
  • My Momma
  • Bad Disease
  • Out With a Bang
  • For Elliot (aka Westbound)
  • Try Tonight
  • Peace (aka All You Need)
  • How Do You Know Me So Well? (aka I'm Indebited to You)
  • Pretty Baby
  • Aviation
  • Move (aka Find My Own Way)
  • Junky Pride (aka Pride)
  • Birds of a Feather

I think that's it.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I still don't understand what happened to the LDR aka LZ album. Why was it shelved?

Is her legal name still Elizabeth W. Grant or is it Lana Del Rey?

I read somewhere that Lana had made videos for all the demo songs off BTD, is that true? 

I still don't understand what happened to the LDR aka LZ album. Why was it shelved?

Is her legal name still Elizabeth W. Grant or is it Lana Del Rey?

I read somewhere that Lana had made videos for all the demo songs off BTD, is that true? 

The record was shelved because they were hoping a bigger label would want to release it. And her legal name is still Elizabeth Woolridge Grant. She said somewhere that she made videos for all of the songs on her first record, I don't know about Born to Die.

The record was shelved because they were hoping a bigger label would want to release it. And her legal name is still Elizabeth Woolridge Grant. She said somewhere that she made videos for all of the songs on her first record, I don't know about Born to Die.

Thank you :)

Damn You ? It's a nice "slow" song about love with nice visuals ^^ 

Is there a topic here that sort of tells Lana's story ? Like a few details about her youth and then the chronology from the days she began making music, music giggs etc .. to when she became Lana del Rey ? 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Is there a topic here that sort of tells Lana's story ? Like a few details about her youth and then the chronology from the days she began making music, music giggs etc .. to when she became Lana del Rey ?

You can see a bunch of Lake Placid area newspaper articles mentioning Lana from when she was growing up here. And you can find out a lot about her early career by perusing the Early Shows subsection.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Can anyone recommend songs that sound like "Never Let Me Go" and "Velvet Crowbar" ? I haven't heard all of her unreleased and I love how those songs sound

"Never Let Me Go" always reminds me of "On Our Way", and a lot think "I Don't Wanna Go" as well, although I personally don't hear similarities for that one. If you like "Velvet Crowbar", you'll probably like "Tired Of Singing The Blues".

It was interesting that somebody finally sang Video Games on American Idol (Hollywood trials), but then Keith Urban's comments afterward just blew me away. Listen carefully at the very end ("Gosh I like that song, don't know that song, gonna download it now" I saw this on my DVR too). Not sure whether he had a serious case of "living under a rock", or was just (sarcastically?) stanning for LDR. Anyone know whether he's said nice things about LDR before? Or maybe it's part of a buttering up plot by American Idol (who uploaded the video) to get her to perform some Ultraviolence there. Sorry about the commercial you'll have to sit through. Trust no one.

Dang, go to 54 seconds into it

^omg

1T6Z0y7.png

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/statuses/user/493-lola/?status_id=27175

I really don't like the way that girl sang it though, I hate when people try to sound passionate when covering songs, you're supposed to be depressed, apathetic and pouty....

Oh and:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHsypbhKEDU