annedauphine

The Lana Del Rey Font Project (Work In Progress)

Hi all :D

I started a huge project that was in the back of my mind since forever, I'm super excited. I'm a type designer by day and graphic designer by night, on top of course of being a huge ass Lana stan so I'm naturally fascinated by the way Lana uses typography to present her work (ngl, these past few releases had me staring at the void long and hard :poordat:). 

So... I'm coding a website basically designed to showcase the fonts Lana used during her career. Could be anything from tour merch to album covers - if Lana or her team used it, and if it's not a custom lettering but a real font, it counts. It's called, imaginatively, the Lana Del Rey Font Project. I started designing it just for fun on XD but I thought it would be a bummer if it wasn't real cause I find the concept impossibly cool, so I'm in the process of coding it on Dreamweaver.

I'm completely self taught in terms of html and css, and I have a lot of freelance work currently, so it takes a lot of time haha, please don't expect it to be done any soon. But I managed somehow to adapt the code to Tumblr, idk how. So, you can check the very first version on here :) Please do not bother trying it on mobile, it's not ready at all for it, but I started making it responsive on desktop. The pages available are Records, Other Projects, and the very beginning of BTD-Para (click the first link in the Records page). Best experience on a big screen!

I plan to use this thread to post my progress regarding the website and to motivate myself to actually work on it, if the concept interests anyone :ohno: I will most gladly accept any feedback and constructive criticism - considering I'm constantly changing the design of the pages.

But for a preview, here's how I plan it to look in the near future:

rXD01Cn.png

Thanks for reading, cheers!

ZKcaooE.png

2 hours ago, annedauphine said:

I'm adding that I would be happy for this to be a collaborative project - if you find a font that isn't listed on the website or here, please feel free to contact me!

This is off-topic but I'd like to give it a try, so sorry for this ig :toofunny:

Spoiler

Would you happen to know what's the font used on Marina's upcoming album? I can'tttt find it

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

20 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

This is off-topic but I'd like to give it a try, so sorry for this ig :toofunny:

Hide contents

Would you happen to know what's the font used on Marina's upcoming album? I can'tttt find it

No worries haha! You got me on a QUEST omg. I would bet it's custom but I have no idea who the designer is... You mean the logo font right? The other is on her wiki! I'm gonna look for it I'm so interested, I actually like this logo a lot

ZKcaooE.png

2 minutes ago, annedauphine said:

No worries haha! You got me on a QUEST omg. I would bet it's custom but I have no idea who the designer is... You mean the logo font right? The other is on her wiki! I'm gonna look for it I'm so interested, I actually like this logo a lot

Yeah, the Marina one! 
I’m looking for it but it’s hard- it’s definitely out there bc this fanpage did this

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

4 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

Yeah, the Marina one! 
I’m looking for it but it’s hard- it’s definitely out there bc this fanpage did this

LMAO it's not custom and I'm going to sit in a corner and think about what I said. It was all over reddit with a bit of searching, here it is!

ZKcaooE.png

6 minutes ago, annedauphine said:

I'm back to working hard on this! Can someone please tell me if this page loads fonts properly? Normally you would be able to edit the content of the fonts :)

https://daytonamess.com/BTDPARA.html

yes it works for me! :party:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

11 minutes ago, annedauphine said:

I'm back to working hard on this! Can someone please tell me if this page loads fonts properly? Normally you would be able to edit the content of the fonts :)

https://daytonamess.com/BTDPARA.html

To me it only loads the LDR Condensed and the Courier fonts, while the other two show in Times New Roman :toofunny: 

By the way, what a great project! I didn't see this before but I'm glad I found it :flutter: looks awesome! <3

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

To me it only loads the LDR Condensed and the Courier fonts, while the other two show in Times New Roman :toofunny: 

By the way, what a great project! I didn't see this before but I'm glad I found it :flutter: looks awesome! <3

DAMN. I'm so done with CSS. That might be a problem of cache argh I'm going insane lol. Thank you so much, don't say that now say it when it'll be finished lol :shh:

ZKcaooE.png

If you're on desktop, something really cool should happen if you mouse hover the album names :oopna: If it doesn't work for you, please tell me I'll find a way to fix it :) I spent over 3h on it alone lol I'm glad it works for me

https://daytonamess.com/Records.html

ZKcaooE.png

5 minutes ago, annedauphine said:

If you're on desktop, something really cool should happen if you mouse hover the album names :oopna: If it doesn't work for you, please tell me I'll find a way to fix it :) I spent over 3h on it alone lol I'm glad it works for me

It doesn't do it for me :cryney: I'm beginning to wonder if my laptop is a damn dinosaur :eartha: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

14 minutes ago, annedauphine said:

It doesn't work on google chrome for me but I tried on Microsoft Edge and it did

EDIT: you did something in the middle of me typing that :toofloppy: it works on both!

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

17 minutes ago, annedauphine said:

It works on Safari!

13 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

It doesn't do it for me :cryney: I'm beginning to wonder if my laptop is a damn dinosaur :eartha: 

5 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

It doesn't work on google chrome for me but I tried on Microsoft Edge and it did

EDIT: you did something in the middle of me typing that :toofloppy: it works on both!

1 minute ago, Charlottexseax said:

It works on Safari!

I appreciate your feedback SO much! Thank you guys! Okay so it is normal if it doesn't work on older browsers, I think you need the very latest version or something, sorry I forgot to mention that. If it doesn't work for you, maybe try clearing your cache? I honestly have no idea I apologise I'm just messing up with Dreamweaver I'm def not a coder :toofunny:

ZKcaooE.png