TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

1 minute ago, Air said:

Wait she sounded healthy and confident and likeable... am I... smiling?

Girl I feel something in the air

and everyone knows spite is a great motivator, so…

3z1M54f.jpeg

40 minutes ago, DownhillLullaby said:

Her vocals for GHOST :defeated:

Sky Ferreira / FKA Twigs / Lana Del Rey / Charli XCX / Angel Olsen / Bat For Lashes / Selena Gomez / Roisin Murphy / Hannah Diamond / Rihanna

There's no way this album is coming anytime soon.

If Masochism is really just a collection of demos, assuming she can no longer use those songs as they would belong to Capitol, she would have to write, record, and produce entirely new material.

Maybe we'll get another one off single in 3-6 months, but that's it.

For someone who wants "proper" releases and budgeted music videos and promotion, I don't see how she is going to make her visions come to life as an independent artist. But best of luck to that woman.

But let's take this as an opportunity to remind ourselves that her saying something for a magazine interview holds little to no weight, historically. Don't hold your breath.

20 minutes ago, HeyBlueBaby said:

If Masochism is really just a collection of demos, assuming she can no longer use those songs as they would belong to Capitol, she would have to write, record, and produce entirely new material.

Maybe we'll get another one off single in 3-6 months, but that's it.

Not really, she did mention the album being DONE on the first interview from yesterday, and even if Capitol did own "the songs", she's probably still allowed to re-record them (like Taylor Swift has been doing), but for the way she spoke it seems like she kept the songs and now she's trying to make it work.

The whole visuals + planning will probably take some extra time, but she did mention she wants to drop a song soon... I really think she'll try to shop the album around to see if some label picks it up.

i think they still own the songs, but masters are just the recordings so she can just do them again, which is easier now that she already have everything done and the vibe set, and probably still friends with elbrecht and etc

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

9 hours ago, HeyBlueBaby said:

not true at all. Look at Taylor Swift, JoJo (NOT Siwa), Bonnie McKee

Bonnie & ESPECIALLY JoJo got fucked by their record labels and were able to rerecord their albums, so there's no reason why Sky couldn't

3z1M54f.jpeg

SKY FERREIRA WE FORGIVE YOU.. COME WATER US! FEED US! WE BELIEVE IN YOU

iMd1.gif

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

The negativity towards her past concerts it's just there... 

People constantly saying that she's late, what's up with that?
She should really avoid starting her set late late or she'll be perfoming for hay. No opening acts reason? At least hire a dj?! 

People complaining about the complete darkness from her show, are they over reacting or is this really happening?

Because from the LA show the only performance in the dark was I Blame Myself. (?!) As for her Sydney concert, the same complaints are on going...

Songs re-starts it's always giving garage band vibes and they're not cute at all, from someone perfectionist... it's always serving unprofessionalism.

This tour should be special experience to all people going and supporting her. She should really take notes and improve, then she would save herself from saying I'm sorry all the time.

Anyway, new interview with The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/article/2024/jun/02/sky-ferreira-im-always-scared-im-gonna-die-all-the-time

On 6/1/2024 at 6:01 AM, godsmonster said:

not true at all. Look at Taylor Swift, JoJo (NOT Siwa), Bonnie McKee

Bonnie & ESPECIALLY JoJo got fucked by their record labels and were able to rerecord their albums, so there's no reason why Sky couldn't

Well, there is. She must have desire to work and sis seems more interested on everything except that though.

I might’ve posted about this on here before but can we talk about the masterpiece that is Blue Boredom on DIIV’s album Is the Is Are. A Sky song with DIIV instrumentals like come tf on her voice is so unique I’d love more songs like that on Masochism 

1 hour ago, hisdruidess said:

I might’ve posted about this on here before but can we talk about the masterpiece that is Blue Boredom on DIIV’s album Is the Is Are. A Sky song with DIIV instrumentals like come tf on her voice is so unique I’d love more songs like that on Masochism 

Innocent Kind channels similar vibe

I just listened to the audio from the anniversary concert and she sounded so great. And well, the song restarts were annoying. At least I'm happy the 'alleged setlist' was wrong and she sung more than that. She has power in her voice now :party: