TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

I would say the only 4 songs I haven't gotten into yet are Omanko, Kristine, Love In Stereo, and Night Time, My Time. All the others are very obviously amazing in one way or another. Those ones are either messy, boring, or less accessible so I might need to listen multiple times or in a different mood.

Omanko and Kristine are really messy

Love in Stereo is kind of boring tbh :/ it might just be the mood Im in though idk...

And Night Time, My Time (the song) I've only listened to once, but I don't remember it being great, I just went straight back to the other tracks I liked more.

Omanko is...interesting.

After listening the title makes no sense and the lyrics are nonsensical but go Sky...my ears hurt after listening to that with Beats

She says the title, though? I think. In dire need of lyrics but I'm pretty sure the line is "reading Japanese comics and fucking Japanese omanko" around 0:48.

I'll be writing this as I listen to Night Time, My Time. Took forever to download. Here it goes.

Boys: The beginning of the song starting with the catchy lyrics were really good, but I fee like the song was a little too instrumental heavy in some parts, and I couldn't really hear her, wish was the same problem I had with You're Not The One. Nevertheless, it's really good. The ending was a little abrupt but I love the "blank out"s or whatever you call it in the instrumental.

Ain't Your Right: I didn't know she performed this song before, but I didn't want to listen to any song that could've been on her album anyway, wanted to listen to the album in full. I'm instantly loving this song. The chorus is great, I'm actually kind of really blown away by this song. I think it's better than You're Not The One and this should've been the lead single. I'm really enjoying the sound she has in this album so far.

24 Hours: Love it. Very Sky. I love these songs by her, she has a very clear sound for this album that is different from her previous stuff yet still retains the same spirit as her previous work. I'm glad she knows who she is as an artist. 

Nobody Asked Me (If I Was Okay): When I saw the song name and hype around it, I thought I was going to be a sad power ballad or something ala Ghost or Sad Dream, both of which I enjoyed, but this was a nice surprise. 

I Blame Myself: Love this. Fun, catchy song. I honestly didn't expect the album to be this good, so far. She's the perfect combination of rock, pop and indie. I feel like the whole song is the chorus though, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Omanko: So I googled the song title a few days ago because I was curious-- thought it was some obscure American city name  but turns out it's a Japanese swear word "The only unmentionable word in japanese media and public speech." How interesting. Somehow I wasn't surprised. So I read that the song is messy from the posts above and I'm excited to listen to this... I have no idea what the hell she's saying. Sounds messy so far but there's still a melody. I hear weird things, like, fucking Japanese men, Japanese Jesus? I'm not sure what I'm hearing. I kind of really like it so far though. The song feels very... suspended?

You're Not The One: I was really excited for this song, but for some reason I didn't fall in love with it when I first heard it and I'm still sort of not sure how I feel about it. I wasn't a fan of the vocals but the song grew on me.

Heavy Metal HeartI never watched the live videos of this song. I really like it. At this point I feel like all her songs are a little similar, but then again so are Lana's and Lorde's albums. I feel like Sky's music isn't as memorable as other artists. A little similar to the other songs. 

Kristine: One problem I have with this album as a whole so far is that her vocals blend in too much with the music? Not sure if it's just my taste or if it's the production. It just blends in and I have no idea what the fuck she's saying, most especially in this song. Weird song though, sort of messy, no idea what on earth she's saying. Sounds like the rest of the album. Similar to Omanko, the same thing throughout the song, quite boring.

I Will: The album is sort of blending into one at this point. It started out really good but now everything sounds exactly the same, I don't remember how the previous song sounds like and so on. This is less about the song but more about the album as a whole now. This just sounds like every other song on the album. I wish she'd do something else. Repeated beats, same electric guitar sound, blurry vocals. Hopefully the next song is some sort of ballad like Ghost or Sad Dream, those are gorgeous.

Love in Stereo: The sound on this song is definitely a good break from the songs before this. I love slower, cleaner Sky songs like this and songs from the Ghost EP, not counting Red Lips. I really do enjoy this song though, very chill, very pleasing to the ears. I feel like this song stands out from the rest of the album and I wish the album had more than two sounds. The ten songs before this sounds very similar to each other.

Night Time, My Time: The intro scared me a little. Dark and gritty, really haunting. I like the heavy, industrial sound. I didn't really expect a song like this on here. It's actually really really creepy and haunting but also somewhat peaceful and calming at the same time, interesting. Okay, I take back the peacful and calming comment because this song turned into a fucking bad trip at the end of the song, what the fuck was that? What just happened? I'm so confused. I'm so scared. Somebody help.

I honestly wish I had more to say about the songs. My favorites are Boys, Ain't Your Right, I Blame Myself, Nobody Asked Me and Love In Stereo.

I'll give it a few more listens in the following days and see what happens...

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png