TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

2 hours ago, 111 said:

:ma:

#freeskyferreirastans

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

16 Albums To Look Forward To In 2023

Music is our sanctuary...

Sky Ferreira – ‘Masochism’

As we find our feet in the new year, now firmly nestled in the 2020s, this time last decade has reached the point in the social-media-accelerated nostalgia cycle where we’re all longing for it again. Ten years on from her original indie sleaze reign, Sky Ferreira now makes her return to satiate that longing. Already, though, the coy understatement of the likes of ‘Everything Is Embarrassing’ has been shed, and Ferreira steps out with a newfound but deeply deserved it-girl confidence on the sole single we’ve heard so far ‘Don’t Stop’.

As a mainstay in the tumblr-girl musical canon, Ferreira could easily have kept up with the Marina’s and Lana\s of the world, but label disputes and industry bureaucracy have delayed her – till now. ‘Masochism’ is poised to be Sky Ferreira’s musical vindication, as well as just her comeback. 

She was also on the 2022's list too. 

22 minutes ago, DownhillLullaby said:

As we find our feet in the new year, now firmly nestled in the 2020s, this time last decade has reached the point in the social-media-accelerated nostalgia cycle where we’re all longing for it again. Ten years on from her original indie sleaze reign, Sky Ferreira now makes her return to satiate that longing. Already, though, the coy understatement of the likes of ‘Everything Is Embarrassing’ has been shed, and Ferreira steps out with a newfound but deeply deserved it-girl confidence on the sole single we’ve heard so far ‘Don’t Stop’.

As a mainstay in the tumblr-girl musical canon, Ferreira could easily have kept up with the Marina’s and Lana\s of the world, but label disputes and industry bureaucracy have delayed her – till now. ‘Masochism’ is poised to be Sky Ferreira’s musical vindication, as well as just her comeback. 

They couldnt ever care writing the correct song title. 

"Don't Stop" lol

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

25 minutes ago, DownhillLullaby said:

Sky needs to just shoot the iphone videos and put it out.

51 minutes ago, DownhillLullaby said:

First, the erasure of "Downhill Lullaby" and then "Don't Stop" :deadbanana: 

I mean they're promoting her album more than herself at this point :ma: 

Can't wait for them to include "Ascending", "All My Haters Die" and "Mourning Before" in the possible songs list though!

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Pregnant Halsey did more in 9 months than Sky in 10 years. 

What the fuuuuuuuck

Just now, EXODUS said:

Pregnant Halsey did more in 9 months than Sky in 10 years. 

What the fuuuuuuuck

literally why i didn't join in when this whole thread was bashing halsey a while ago :toofloppy: like im sorry at the end of the day one is putting in the work and one isnt.....what is there to drag 

4 minutes ago, 400lux said:

literally why i didn't join in when this whole thread was bashing halsey a while ago :toofloppy: like im sorry at the end of the day one is putting in the work and one isnt.....what is there to drag 

Right? 

I loathed Halsey during her early days mostly because she seemed pretty fake and try hard (also because I was team Sky lol) but she grew up so much on me as an artist after Maniac and wow her latest album is one of the best alt pop albums of the last years. 

At the end Ashley has a huge fanbase and 4 albums under her belt (not counting her debut EP and live albums, and deluxe re-releases). While Miss Ferreira has only 1 overrated album and 2 EPs. Besides Sky has been active the double of years Halsey has been active.

Also Sky fanbase is getting smaller and smaller... I bet most of us are here for the lols and the leaks, her loyal fans are realizing she's a liar and lazy af. 

44 minutes ago, 400lux said:

I never liked Halsey, even before I start listening to Sky idk she's just feel corny af, even to this day

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

31 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

i’m sorry but this is funny as fuck

Sure I find it funny too but I kinda find it sad af. 

So much hype for Don't Forget as her big comeback and... No MV, no radio airplay, not charting anywhere... Not even the press could write the correct title in a "Mos anticipated albums" list lol

22 minutes ago, KimKaDAB said:

I never liked Halsey, even before I start listening to Sky idk she's just feel corny af, even to this day

She is corny af, even campy. I guess that's part of her spark.

Even though I like her a lot now, I still find myself cringing hard with her persona or lyrics (the same about Marina after Froot). 

Stan Halsey? That’s one thing I’ll never bring myself to do! That rat really did have Sky and Lana on her mood and soundboards and blatantly ripped off National Anthem for her debut. We can’t forgive that level of fraudulence while trying to market yourself as this new gen kween or whatever. Yet people came for Lana’s authenticity. :smokes: And people will still deny Del Christ her impact and influence on pop culture. Whew. There’s some cute songs on Badlands but that’s IT. 

8 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

As much as I love Sky and her music, something is off here.

Other artists do someone else's job all the time and they don't complained in public. If they don't do something it takes longer for things to be released especially when it's a big label like Capitol. There's no excuse. Lana and Gaga made music videos using their phones. Sky can pick up her phone and film a few music videos by herself.

At this point Sky's music career is dead so she should get more into modeling and acting. She's not budging or even trying to work with Capitol. Just give them a few pop songs for crying out loud. Maybe someday they will pay to have Trent Reznor produce her album like they did with Halsey. 

I use to believe Capitol were the problem but when you start reading and doing the math, something isn't adding up.

I don't believe Capitol is purposely trying to sabotage Sky's career so other record companies won't sign her. She's not the second coming of Mimi. Halsey isn't all that great and I can't stand her but she cooperates with Capitol, does a few silly TikToks, makes a few pop songs and in return they invests in her music and videos and lets her do what she wants. It's how it's suppose to work when you have a label investing money into your career. I mean if you look at the rosters of artists Capitol has, they have some legendary artists in there like Paul Mccartney, Abba, Babyface, Neil Diemond etc. Then you have the other artists like Sam Smith and Troye doing well. Other artists that aren't so well know but have music that is released and videos being back up by Capitol. Queen Naija just released her new video a few days ago. 

This is their artists  in case anyone is curious  https://www.capitolrecords.com/artists/#/

The one who seems to have a big problem is Sky and she's the only one I see so far with no new album in 9 - 10 years. 

Something has to give when people who have worked with her like Charli, Primal Scream and Shirley Manson won't touch the "free sky" movement. Not even people who were in similar situations like Sky won't go near it like Jojo and Raye. No matter how many times those "free sky" people post the same things under their photos. You still don't see any of these people reposting or sharing it. 

Something is going on because things aren't adding up. 

giphy.gif

I would like to know what the deal is with EMI/Parlophone/Polydor and Third Side Music. Do none of those labels want her tracks or have anything to contribute to her budget?

reface-2022-09-19-08-00-15-01-01.jpg

15 minutes ago, This Feeling said:

Stan Halsey? That’s one thing I’ll never bring myself to do! That rat really did have Sky and Lana on her mood and soundboards and blatantly ripped off National Anthem for her debut. We can’t forgive that level of fraudulence while trying to market yourself as this new gen kween or whatever. Yet people came for Lana’s authenticity. :smokes: And people will still deny Del Christ her impact and influence on pop culture. Whew. There’s some cute songs on Badlands but that’s IT. 

People keep saying she shaded Lana but where? 
she’s def odd for her obsession with Lana from lying about reading gatsby and Lolita at 7 down to f*cking her ex immediately after they broke up but?

You have no idea how many times me and my boyfriend have laughed so hard at that legendary video of Halsey singing at the mall. 

It's so fucking embarrassing 😂