TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

1 minute ago, jinsouldilf said:

the sad dream music video could convert anyone yeah start with the ghost ep

ok am going to watch the music video and then listen to the EP and i'll come back (DISCLAIMER: i'm super super high so i hope that will increase my perception of her music and not vice versa)

21 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

guys i know this thread is like 10000 pages long but i never listen to sky and i want to start , should i start at the beginning of her discog ?

first of all, don’t get into her

but if you must, listen in this order

1. Ghost EP + Easy (song from Baby Driver soundtrack)

2. Night Time, My Time

3. Don’t Forget single

4. Legends, Guardian, I Pray for Rain, & Descending (the best leaked songs from Masochism sessions)

5. Downhill Lullaby single

6. Night Time, My Time B-Sides EP

7. As If! EP + One single

8. the rest of her unreleased stuff

i would recommend this order for anyone who wants to get into sky (but again, would not recommend doing so)

Just now, lilac heaven said:

first of all, don’t get into her

but if you must, listen in this order

1. Ghost EP + Easy (song from Baby Driver soundtrack)

2. Night Time, My Time

3. Legends, Guardian, I Pray for Rain, & Descending (leaked songs, Masochism outtakes)

4. Night Time, My Time B-Sides EP

5. As If! EP

6. the rest of her unreleased stuff

wow the sad dream music video was great she got me at the end of the second verse with the instrumentation at the end idk what exactly she was saying,, something about getting in a car driving away and letting the stereo play, then i ate it up for the rest of it 

Just now, fl0r1dakil0s said:

wow the sad dream music video was great she got me at the end of the second verse with the instrumentation at the end idk what exactly she was saying,, something about getting in a car driving away and letting the stereo play, then i ate it up for the rest of it 

also i just edited the post i forgot to include the actual released singles from Masochism 💀 but yes the Sad Dream music video is beautiful

21 minutes ago, cranekiss said:

no fr this and the other fake song which was just an instrumental (i think it was called sakura night?) are actually very very good

yeah i found that on spotify as just an instrumental its called sky ferreira by sakura night and posted by some label

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

Lost In My Bedroom is the best song from the Ghost EP, arguably her best song period, and is more in the vein of the rest of her work besides her unreleased

just watched the music video for that, she ATE

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

Lost In My Bedroom is the best song from the Ghost EP, arguably her best song period, and is more in the vein of the rest of her work besides her unreleased

as an artist, is her unreleased drastly different? is it like a lana thing where her unreleased are generally more experimental? or are they more pop maybe?

2 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

as an artist, is her unreleased drastly different? is it like a lana thing where her unreleased are generally more experimental? or are they more pop maybe?

a lot of her leaks are actually pop songs she did from 2007(?)-2011 for her scrapped pop album Cry Baby which was slated for a January 2011 release but got cancelled because of Capitol (the one time they actually really fucked her over)

the rest are just masochism era songs (minus the three ghost era leaks)

1 minute ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

yeah all the unreleased we have arent from her released projects really just the scrapped ones with different sound

and i don't seem to mind

12 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

depends on what era of unreleased. 2010/2011 and before is just not good in my opinion, none of it (except Obsession which is a fun listen sometimes, though it’s technically released just not on streaming). i described it previously as like if 2010 Kesha’s 16 year old sister was a disney channel star who went out to a club in LA for the first time and did molly; it’s very like… trashy late 2000s pop which isn’t my thing 😭 Unreleased stuff from Masochism sessions isn’t that different from her released stuff, it’s just quite bland with the exception of Legends, I Pray for Rain, Descending, Guardian, and All to Myself

48 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

ok am going to watch the music video and then listen to the EP and i'll come back (DISCLAIMER: i'm super super high so i hope that will increase my perception of her music and not vice versa)

Edit: I didn't see you have watched it so rewatch it! mwah

50 minutes ago, heavensentslut said:

same ive listened to ntmt as if and various outtakes but what unreleased do you guys recommend?

Her Magnum Opus is here:

2 minutes ago, DownhillLullaby said:

Edit: I didn't see you have watched it so rewatch it! mwah

Her Magnum Opus is here:

oh i forgot to say i listened to ghost too one of my favs actually

SaTdw.gifSaTdd.gif

ive been looping the do me snippet i really need to fucking hear this song the horny vibes are so me idfk :makeup:

SaTdw.gifSaTdd.gif

9 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

That’s why sky leaked descending…to play as they are lowered down

[I'm visibly struggling to delete a quote]

20 minutes ago, heavensentslut said:

ive been looping the do me snippet i really need to fucking hear this song the horny vibes are so me idfk :makeup:

I need to hear Go Home before I die

9 minutes ago, lonely lonely night said:

honestly i would just listen to all her albums in chronological order, they're all on spotify

yeah her albums "night time my time" and "   " and also "    " are all on spotify very good albums 

50 minutes ago, DownhillLullaby said:

Saturday mood bbs if you're out:

if you're in:

Elevator her best pre-ghost song period

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

2 hours ago, rancidgirl said:

as a fandom instead of worrying about masochism we should all come together and find out who really sings this...

The interesting thing about this track is that I shazamed this 8x with all different results each time before I gave up. Honestly it sounds more like Skye Sweetnam than Ferreira.

reface-2022-09-19-08-00-15-01-01.jpg

1 minute ago, samsclubPRESENTSavamax said:

The interesting thing about this track is that I shazamed this 8x with all different results each time before I gave up. Honestly it sounds more like Skye Sweetnam than Ferreira.

its sadly most likely just some unreleased song by some artist who hasnt made music in years

and i don't seem to mind